Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

ipad mini best wireless connection

• 05-12-2014 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi,

When I try to connect my new ipad mini to 02 Huawei wireless broadband, it recognises the network, but it is unable to connect to the network when I put in my password. Network works fine on laptop and phone.

I brought the ipad to computer shop, they tested it on their own wifi, it worked perfectly.

What wireless broadband routers/networks work best with ipad?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

AirPort Extreme. Getting my full allotted 200mbit/sec here on my iPhone.

If you're dependant on wireless broadband, who the best is extremely dependant on your area. Anywhere outside an urban area and they're pretty much all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 MB2014

Thanks for that, forgive my ignorance, I don't know a huge amout about technology or apple products, I'm a complete newbie. To use the airport extreme, can I use that with any network provider, just put in the broadband simcard into it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭Type 17

No, an Airport Extreme (and other Apple Airport units) doesn't have a modem in it*, so there's no place for a SIM. Your Huawei device needs to have an Ethernet socket to connect to the Airport device.

The Huawei device should work with an iPad - try setting it up to work with no Wi-Fi password (just as a test, don't leave it like that for long), if it works then try WPA and WPA2 passwords, to see if they work/don't work.

You could also try setting it up with 802.11g rather than 102.11n (or vice-versa).

The iPad should work with any of these settings, but the Huawei's version of a given setting may not play well with it.

*Airport Routers can't have a modem in them as Apple would have to have gazillions of versions for multiple markets around the world, with modems to suit Dial-up, ISDN, DSL, ADSL, ADSL2, ADSL2+, not to mention the various specs of both Cable and Satellite...

Advertisement