Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Applegreen Swords/Malahide R106

Options
  • 05-12-2014 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭

Was interested to see cladding gone up on the roundabout at Mountgorry Way and the Malahide Road, and had never checked out the site notice so had a look online. Turns out it's going to be another Applegreen, similarly laid out to the one in North Street.

Planning Application

Plenty of plans, elevations etc. in the documents tab there. This'll be my nearest one from Seabury and there's only Esso in Malahide, reckon this will get a lot of Malahide traffic. Hopefully won't add to the shambles that is the traffic further east though!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Where is this? I'm not great at reading plans!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

On the Malahide Road from the Pavilions to what used to be McAllisters garage, at the small roundabout before the bridge over the M1.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Where is this? I'm not great at reading plans!

Here

• Registered Users Posts: 28 jessie5

Hi would anybody know the name of the new petrol station that is being built on the roundabout on Swords Rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

jessie5 wrote: »
    Hi would anybody know the name of the new petrol station that is being built on the roundabout on Swords Rd.

Think it's another Applegreen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Great. Make it easier to Boycott Topaz and Denis o Brien and Brian Cowen

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Which roundabout?

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭micraX

The swords malahide road, heading from pavilions its on the left off the roundabout just before the motorway flyover. Its an applegreen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

It's at the roundabout beside Waterside.

• Advertisement

I mentioned this a while back, links etc here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=93338614

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Merged.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

will there also be another food chain their too or a normal applegreen store?

Looks like space for a Deli so probably a Subway if the ones nearby are anything to go from.

Walked past it there today, steel frame is done and some brick walls half up. Flying along now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

On the plans it's says shop and off license.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

yep enjoy malahide poseted this ion FB today

OPENING SOON: An Applegreen petrol, Costa coffee and Burger King service station is due to open by the roundabout on the Swords side of the M1 bridge on the Swords/Malahide Road.
    Planning included an off-licence, outdoor seating dining, and play area, plus extended parking and landscaped surrounds.
    Image below is from a different location.

But seriously how is access going to work..will there be a slip road down to the M1 on either side? The traffic there is bad enough already esp towards Malahide on afternoons and weekends

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭paska

OPENING SOON: An Applegreen petrol, Costa coffee and Burger King service station is due to open by the roundabout on the Swords side of the M1 bridge on the Swords/Malahide Road.
    Planning included an off-licence, outdoor seating dining, and play area, plus extended parking and landscaped surrounds.

But seriously how is access going to work..will there be a slip road down to the M1 on either side? The traffic there is bad enough already esp towards Malahide on afternoons and weekends

Do you have a link to that? No Burger king going in there that's for sure.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

paska wrote: »

Signs on the site suggest there will be a BK, Costa and some noodle chain as well as the Bakewell sambo chain.

Genealogy Forum Mod

The site is off the roundabout on the R106 on what has been opened up as a through road into Swords Business Park. There is and will continue to be no access to the M1 from here.

Why "for sure", are you in the planning department? or BK franchising and know this? Commenters on the below say that BK have hiring notices there on site.

https://www.facebook.com/enjoymalahide/photos/a.10151484062087862.1073741834.163114637861/10153023391067862/?type=1&theater

• Advertisement

pinkypinky wrote: »
    Signs on the site suggest there will be a BK, Costa and some noodle chain as well as the Bakewell sambo chain.

I didn't see it myself but the sign is directing people to the Burger King in The Swords Village. Chopstixs, Bakewell and Costa are the three food offerings.

I didn't see it myself but the sign is directing people to the Burger King in The Swords Village. Chopstixs, Bakewell and Costa are the three food offerings.

Havent read it myself either...just going on what the malaghide community page said..ity woudl seem excessive to have another BK. But then we do have about 10 coffee shops in malahide...

Havent read it myself either...just going on what the malaghide community page said..ity woudl seem excessive to have another BK. But then we do have about 10 coffee shops in malahide...

100% won't be BK

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭mickmmc

I read today that 'Swords is named fast food capital of Ireland'(source: Irish Times website). It has the most branded fast food outlets, calculated on the basis of population, in Ireland.

JCs have applied for planning for café/restaurant on Rathbeale Road (opening times not stated). I note from FCC website that the planning office sought further information on opening hours and they stated that 'a fastfood/take-away would not be acceptable in this location'.

It is about time Fingal County Council stopped giving planning to fastfood/takeaway outlets in Swords.

mickmmc wrote: »
    I read today that 'Swords is named fast food capital of Ireland'(source: Irish Times website). It has the most branded fast food outlets, calculated on the basis of population, in Ireland.

JCs have applied for planning for café/restaurant on Rathbeale Road (opening times not stated). I note from FCC website that the planning office sought further information on opening hours and they stated that 'a fastfood/take-away would not be acceptable in this location'.

It is about time Fingal County Council stopped giving planning to fastfood/takeaway outlets in Swords.

Not a surprising statistic, there's at least four different pizza chains alone. Any more development on the Rathbeale Rd/R125 should be accompanied by widening works. It's extremely hard to get out of JCs or Lidl there turning either left or especially right.

Can confirm the signs on site are showing "now hiring" - (it mentions sending CVs to info@applegreen.ie - I'm not employed with them or anything but maybe someone is looking) and that the Bakewell, Chopstix and Costa are to be in the place as mentioned above.

As for replies not appreciative of the place - I think it's fantastic and badly needed. 6 pumps indicates how busy they think it will get. That stretch of road can be insanely busy at times and has no Petrol Station or shop between Swords Main Street and Malahide or Kinsealy, unless you count the dreary and funny smelling place in Waterside.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Pipmae

I read today that 'Swords is named fast food capital of Ireland'(source: Irish Times website).
    I am stunned Balbriggan hasn't won that title.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Why? Its a free market, people can choose to eat crap if they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭mickmmc

In my opinion it is a health issue ( child obesity) and that could lead to increase in the demand on the health service. The target market for fast food outlets is children and as Swords as a young population, that is the reason why there are so many located in Swords area.

KFC sought planning for fast food outlet on the same road as 2 schools in Navan. Meath Co. Council granted planning and both BOM of the schools appealed. Recently, ABP refused planning on the basis of obesity risks for children. This was landmark decision by ABP.

They have planning in for a noodle bar and a pizza takeaway not far from Applegreen in North street.. So its getting more fast food this year:D
    Oh and an japanese restaurant beside the caragine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

In my opinion it is a health issue ( child obesity) and that could lead to increase in the demand on the health service. The target market for fast food outlets is children and as Swords as a young population, that is the reason why there are so many located in Swords area.

KFC sought planning for fast food outlet on the same road as 2 schools in Navan. Meath Co. Council granted planning and both BOM of the schools appealed. Recently, ABP refused planning on the basis of obesity risks for children. This was landmark decision by ABP.

Are there any fast food places beside schools in Swords? I don't think there are.

Advertisement