Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Applegreen Swords/Malahide R106

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Eddie Rockets and McDonalds are walkable distances to both the Christian Bros and the other secondary school at the end of the town.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭BowWow

Lux23 wrote: »
    Are there any fast food places beside schools in Swords? I don't think there are.

Fingal Community College around the corner from Burger King in the Applegreen Station.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

They aren't that close. I think if you're worried about what your kids are eating at school, don't give them money and send them in with a decent packed lunch.

I do agree that the amount of fast food places in Swords are ridiculous, we could really do with a health/niche food store/cafe.

They aren't that close.

??

290 metres - 3 mins walk according to Google. I'd call that pretty close:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

BowWow wrote: »
    ??

290 metres - 3 mins walk according to Google. I'd call that pretty close:)

Maybe. I still think it is up to parents to look after their kid's diet, not businesses.

• Advertisement

Maybe. I still think it is up to parents to look after their kid's diet, not businesses.

I actually totally agree with you!

But nowadays its always somebody else's fault....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

My daughters went to both primary and secondary school within sniffing distance of a takeaway and didn't eat there for lunch or after school. And if you're in the Pavilions when the Bros are on lunch you'll see most of the lads go for Subway or a wrap from Dunnes/Supervalu.
    Personally, I love having a great selection of takeaways in Swords. When we moved here there was one Chinese, one pizza place at JC's, and the Fingal Cafe chipper. We have it all now - and let's not forget the employment they've brought to the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭vickers209

Opening this Thursday 9th

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭paska

What a serious asset to the area. I had look inside today and it's amazing. Kids play area and lots of food to choose from. Oh and I think they sell fuel........:D

Advertisement