Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

18 degrees celsius, wine kit!

Options
  • 05-12-2014 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I am just literally about to start my first wine kit, just sanitzing my equipment, it says to keep somewhere with a temperature between 20-25 celsius, but I just tested the temperature in what should be the warmest room in my house and it's only 18!? Is this going to be a big problem, if I wrap it in a blanket will that help and possibly give me the 20 at least?

What will happen if its not at 20-25 if its 18 or 19...?

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Not sure what would happen if it's too cold but I know from years of watching my dad making wine, he used to have a little cupboard with a dark red lightbulb hooked up in it where he used to leave the wine ferment. The lightbulb kept the cupboard warm enough as our house was never warmer than 17-18 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 casperibz

I only have the cupboard with the boiler but I read that is not a good idea because it can get too hot, i wrapped it in a towel and a duvet and hoping for the best...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,894 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

the fermentation will generate some heat as well. 18 is probably OK, might take a little longer to finish.

Advertisement