Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TCD vs. UCD

Options
  • 05-12-2014 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey there!

I'm an International Development Studies student looking to go on exchange to Ireland for one term. I'm looking between Trinity College and UCD and I was wondering if anyone knew which university is better in terms of academics (Political Science, International Relations, Sociology areas) and also in terms of college life (i.e. entertainment, culture, food, pubs, etc.)?

Thanks in advance and look forward to hearing your response!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

As we say in Ireland, different strokes for different folks. UCD and TCD are one and the same really. No distinct advantage of one over the other. Both are excellent colleges with a high standard. Both will give you a good and internationally recognized degree. TCD is closer to town (I.e. Its right in the middle of Dublin) but unless you have accommodation on campus, living very close could be a problem due to high rent and lack of places to rent. UCD is a little further out of town but is a much larger campus with far better facilities on campus. If you are sporty, I'd recommend UCD. UCD, in my opinion, has a much better social aspect and the clubs are more active. You can do more on campus as opposed to TCD. That said, TCD has equally competitive sports clubs and teams, so its really case equal. TCD is a shade more academic with a stronger focus on the classroom than life, but again, thats just my opinion.

I know people who loved Trinity and people who loved UCD, and vice versa, people that would have loved to have gone to the other. I don't think you would be disappointed with either but from speaking to many, many exchange students, I've never heard a bad thing said about UCD.

(As you may have guessed, I attended UCD :D )

Advertisement