Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathroom Fan Placement

Options
  • 06-12-2014 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Where is the best place to put a ceiling extractor fan? Directly above shower? away from shower and bathroom door for crossflow? Does it matter?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

Big Cheese wrote: »
    Where is the best place to put a ceiling extractor fan? Directly above shower? away from shower and bathroom door for crossflow? Does it matter?

Close to the shower also if you are removing air from a room you need to replace same so you need to have a vent also

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Big Cheese

Robbie.G wrote:
    Close to the shower also if you are removing air from a room you need to replace same so you need to have a vent also

Cheers. There is a vent on the wall but I was considering blocking it up as there is a 20mm gap under the door. Or do I still need vent?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

Big Cheese wrote: »
    Cheers. There is a vent on the wall but I was considering blocking it up as there is a 20mm gap under the door. Or do I still need vent?

I would leave the vent in place

Advertisement