Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICB Report & Credit Card?

Options
  • 06-12-2014 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭

Hello there,

I just applied to have an ICB Report & I am worried.
    I have had a credit card for the last 8 years. I have never fully cleared it but it's usually at the €400 mark. I usually make a payment each week but I might charge a few more bob to the card than what I pay off it.. Would this give me a bad rating? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hello there,

I just applied to have an ICB Report & I am worried.
    I have had a credit card for the last 8 years. I have never fully cleared it but it's usually at the €400 mark. I usually make a payment each week but I might charge a few more bob to the card than what I pay off it.. Would this give me a bad rating? 
    Hi whatlliwear,

Many thanks for your post.

Credit Card history would be one of the factors taken into consideration in an ICB Report, along with mortgages, personal loans, car loans, etc. The ICB have a good FAQ on credit rating that you can find here

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement