Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BX-5 Tweeter blown or lose connection?

• 06-12-2014 1:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭

So I have a pair ofM-Audio BX-5 Monitors

Recently I noticed one of them had no mids/highs.

How can I check is the tweeter is blown or maybe it's just a internal lose connection?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭andy1249

These are bi wirable. Check the connections on the back and make sure the cooper plates between upper and lower terminals is in place and secure.
    If they are loose you get exactly the problem you describe, its happened to me a couple of times.

If you have actually got them bi wired, check the upper connections.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭Yedya

andy1249 wrote: »
    These are bi wirable. Check the connections on the back and make sure the cooper plates between upper and lower terminals is in place and secure.
    If they are loose you get exactly the problem you describe, its happened to me a couple of times.

If you have actually got them bi wired, check the upper connections.

Great!

Won't be home for 2 weeks.It would be rare to be blown ya?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭andy1249

They are a pretty robust speaker , so it would be rare for them to be blown , much more common for your problem is that one of the copper plates has vibrated loose.

If your not bi wiring , then the plates are left in and the speaker wire is connected to the bottom set of terminals. These plates need to be secured tightly , chances are its worked loose from the top plate , hence losing the mids and highs.

If you are bi wiring , the plates should have been removed , in which case , your problem is most likely a loose connection on one of the top two terminals.

Ive attached a picture from the brochure showing the plates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭Yedya

Sorry for late reply,thanks.

Where would that be located?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35 Joebags

You might need to open the unit up to check for a loose connection. To check the tweeter if it's blown or not you would need a multimeter.

• Advertisement
Advertisement