Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle Utd Vs Chelsea k.o 12:45 BT sport 1

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

6 minutes?! Where did that come from?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

6 minutes???

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Wtf 6 mins how?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Mars Bar wrote: »
    6 minutes?! Where did that come from?

Someone bad at maths...

Don't see where 6 minutes were lost in that half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I was thinking 5 min max, possibly 4. 6 doesn't seem correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,950 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

6 mins here is nonsense - fair play to Newcastle though holding on so far

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Fair play Newcastle, delighted that Chelsea have been slowed down at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Pardew should have shaked Jose's hand five minutes ago and walked off.

My only complaint is the picture-in-picture BT seem to love so much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Well played Newcastle , held out well in the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

great result for Newcastle and the rest of the Premier League

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Well Played Newcastle ,

Chelsea couldn't break a team down again ,

WTF is it 2013 again :mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Where are the sackpardew crowd gone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

WTF is it 2013 again :mad::mad::mad:

It's our annual pre-christmas slump :(

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Fantatsic win...bday drinks are so much sweeter today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Saipanne wrote: »

Still here, pal. Although, credit where it's due. It's amazing what deploying something that resembles tactics and playing players in their correct position can do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Always loved the Geordies so I have :pac:

What price were Newcastle today. Mate reckoned they might win but never backed it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Maybe this 'invincible' Chelsea nonsense will stop now

glued wrote: »

No maybe about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Newcastle can go back to playing 'friendlies' after this win :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭Kharrell

rarnes1 wrote: »
    What price were Newcastle today. Mate reckoned they might win but never backed it

Can't remember what they were to win outright, but I half thought of chancing Newcastle Double Chance, and that was 6/4. So I imagine 3/1-ish to win today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

They were 5/1 to win.

They were 5/1 to win.

Wow, nice for anyone that backed it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

glued wrote: »

Yeah hopefully. I hate to be a c*nt but I still have quotes from members here a few months ago brushing off any other side with a chance of winning the title. If City win today it's 3 points...which is nothing in early December. Top 4 is never achieved in December never mind winning the title

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

BiodegradableGrandBobcat

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Just heard Jose giving out about timewasting.

Haha, ah poor Jose :pac:

House-of-Pards.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

Still here. Just a question, why is it fickle when Newcastle fans change their opinion of their manager and its not when Arsenal and Liverpool fans do?

Still here. Just a question, why is it fickle when Newcastle fans change their opinion of their manager and its not when Arsenal and Liverpool fans do?

I've never seen anything like the campaign waged against Pardew, this year. It was kind of pathetic, really. He was doing very badly, yes, but its only a game of football.

I don't recall Wenger or Rodgers getting this excessive type of treatment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

I've never seen anything like the campaign waged against Pardew, this year. It was kind of pathetic, really. He was doing very badly, yes, but its only a game of football.

until Mid October Newcastle had won something like 2 league matches in the whole of 2014. The other two weren't that bad.
    The other two have succeeded at various stage of their careers. Pardew hasnt yet acts like he's top of the world. Incredibly arrogant.

Their is also huge baggage with Pardew the others dont have. He regularly gets in trouble (the headbutt being one)
    He is also seen as a puppet and yes man for Ashley who the vast majority want out and seems to always make decisions to screw the club up just when things are going well.

Edit: Did you see the abuse Moyes got last year on here. Was as bad in Manchester by the time of his departure too and the plane fiasco was something I had never seen before.

Bridge93 wrote: »
    until Mid October Newcastle had won something like 2 league matches in the whole of 2014. The other two weren't that bad.
    The other two have succeeded at various stage of their careers. Pardew hasnt yet acts like he's top of the world. Incredibly arrogant.

Their is also huge baggage with Pardew the others dont have. He regularly gets in trouble (the headbutt being one)
    He is also seen as a puppet and yes man for Ashley who the vast majority want out and seems to always make decisions to screw the club up just when things are going well.

That's a bit of a strawman argument, I'm afraid. The only reason I mentioned those other coaches was in response to yohan. I'm also more than aware of Pardews 2014 record. I still think the hysterical reaction to him was pathetic and something I've not seen before.

That's a bit of a strawman argument, I'm afraid. The only reason I mentioned those other coaches was in response to yohan. I'm also more than aware of Pardews 2014 record. I still think the hysterical reaction to him was pathetic and something I've not seen before.

You are entitled to your opinion as are those who believe it wasn't over the top. You obviously dont support the club so hopefully you'll forgive me for not giving two f**ks what you think of the whole thing.

You are entitled to your opinion as are those who believe it wasn't over the top. You obviously dont support the club so hopefully you'll forgive me for not giving two f**ks what you think of the whole thing.

I wouldn't expect any less of a reaction, my boy.

I wouldn't expect any less of a reaction, my boy.

Well you don't know me but whatever makes you happy.

Well you don't know me but whatever makes you happy.

I knew enough to not be surprised by your post.

Have a nice weekend. :-)

I knew enough to not be surprised by your post.

Have a nice weekend. :-)

Bit creepy but alright. You too, hope your team gets the result your after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

A typical comment from someone who doesn't have half a clue of why NUFC fans really want him out.

I'm not going to waste my time citing such reasons, but please don't comment when the only reasoning for your opinion/defence is from a quick Google search. I'm sure if you followed this club through thick and thin then you wouldn't be up on that high chair of yours.

Anyway, fantastic win today — lads showed real spirit and determination, passion shone through, will be a cracker of a night on Tyneside as well I'd imagine.

I'd still have Pardew sacked and replaced in the morning, but there's no reason why we can't celebrate a win, and what a win it was!

Doocey wrote: »
    A typical comment from someone who doesn't have half a clue of why NUFC fans really want him out.

I'm not going to waste my time citing such reasons, but please don't comment when the only reasoning for your opinion/defence is from a quick Google search. I'm sure if you followed this club through thick and thin then you wouldn't be up on that high chair of yours.

Anyway, fantastic win today — lads showed real spirit and determination, passion shone through, will be a cracker of a night on Tyneside as well I'd imagine.

I'd still have Pardew sacked and replaced in the morning, but there's no reason why we can't celebrate a win, and what a win it was!

In fairness, you just proved my point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

In fairness, you just proved my point.

I think your previous comments most certainly proved mine as well!

Doocey wrote: »
    I think your previous comments most certainly proved mine as well!

Look, let's drop it. No sense in arguing with strangers.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭OnTheCouch

Edit: Did you see the abuse Moyes got last year on here. Was as bad in Manchester by the time of his departure too and the plane fiasco was something I had never seen before.

Not to get pedantic, but your point is only valid for Wenger. As far as I remember Rodgers and Pardew have near identical records in terms if honours won, if we disregard a league-contending swashbuckling (but nonetheless trophy-less) Liverpool side from last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Look, let's drop it. No sense in arguing with strangers.

But you're the one who keeps dragging this topic back up. :rolleyes:

Good result. Happy enough with the performance. Thought Colback/Janmaat and Sissoko were excellent yesterday.

Would I still have Pardew gone? Sure. But that's a matter for another day. Happy to have knocked Mourinho down a peg or two with his "mind games" nonsense.

Great result and hopefully a bit of a boost after two awful performances this week.

I'm just glad for pardew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'm just glad for pardew.

Is that you Tony Gayle? ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement