Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NAS for raspbmc

Options
  • 06-12-2014 4:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    Looking to pick up a NAS this Christmas so as to house my ever growing media collection. Right now it's on an external hd that is connected to my raspberry pi.

I have about €500 to spend abd might be able to push that up to but no more than 600.

Synology seems to get a lot of recommendations and I noticed that they just released their 215j. Would that be able to do the job? I'm going to be using it for media as opposed to file storage, so I want to make sure that what im getting is capable.

Any advice, help or recommendations are welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭CinSoots

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Hi there,
    Looking to pick up a NAS this Christmas so as to house my ever growing media collection. Right now it's on an external hd that is connected to my raspberry pi.

I have about €500 to spend abd might be able to push that up to but no more than 600.

Synology seems to get a lot of recommendations and I noticed that they just released their 215j. Would that be able to do the job? I'm going to be using it for media as opposed to file storage, so I want to make sure that what im getting is capable.

Any advice, help or recommendations are welcome.

This - http://touch.adverts.ie/servers/synology-ds214play-diskstation-2-bay-desktop-nas/6836525 - is specifically for media playback and storage and fill it with 2 x 3GB drives and you should come in under the €500 mark

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

CinSoots wrote:
    - is specifically for media playback and storage and fill it with 2 x 3GB drives and you should come in under the €500 mark

I'm assuming that's supposed to be 3TB? Other than that, I'm looking at buying new and not second hand.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    I'm assuming that's supposed to be 3TB? Other than that, I'm looking at buying new and not second hand.

Thanks for the suggestion though.
    Yes it's 3TB, that specific NAS supports up to 8TB (either 1x8TB or 2x4TB).

Advertisement