Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GameStop/Game Prices

Options
  • 06-12-2014 4:54am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭

So there's probably already a thread on GameStop but I just wanted to share my own experience.

GameStop are very stingy when it comes to the amount they offer for used games, even those on their VIP thing get poor offers for games that cost them €40-€50!

But anyway this is slightly different...

The new Pokémon game just came out for the 3DS, Pokémon Omega Red & Alpha Sapphire so I wanted to get it.

Went into GameStop and they said €55! €55 for a game I find is ridiculous.

Decided to try Tesco and they asked for €50 so again I said no.

Finally I decided to try Argos and it was €43, a whole €12 cheaper than GameStop!

Argos have lots of stock all around the country too so why GameStop don't fix their pricing is beyond me.

It doesn't even seem to be this one game, there are lots of them that are a lot cheaper elsewhere!

Bit of a rant I know but does anyone have any examples of GameStop and their pricing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

I'm getting one of the Assassin's Creed X-Box 360 games from Littlewoods and it's €12 cheaper than Gamestop, and it's delivered direct to my door!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I got PES2015 for €40 in Xtravision and Gamestop are selling it for €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

You'd think the big multinational one would be the one with the best prices, never the case with Gamestop

lol 55 for Pokemon while I payed 36 on amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭xpletiv

I stopped buying games from gamestop a long time ago, and was sickened when I really wanted GTAV last year and it was sold out everywhere... except gamestop. 70 euro for a 360 game for that. Last time I bought from there; people, please dont support them; trade in to Xtravision or sell online, you get much more bang for your buck than those gits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

The last time I was in GameStop I tried to purchase 2 games which had the 2 for 20 sticker on them. When I got to the till the manager said the offer ended yesterday and he didn't get a chance to update all stock, when I complained he said "what do you want me to do, I'm no a f**king magician".
    Complained to head office and waited 2 weeks for a reply, they replied stating that I could avail of the 2 for 20 if the games were still in stock.
    I didn't bother setting foot in a GameStop since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Can't really compare Amazon prices to Gamestop retail to be fair.

When I bought the Master Chief Collection, it was 69.99 in Gamestop and something like 52.99 in Argos.

Advertisement