Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mallow 10 Mile 22.3.2015

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭overthebridge

Have to say this was a great race today. Well organised. Good course. Well marshalled. Nice feed afterwards. Small gripe with the tight start but that's only a minor thing. It's no worse than the start at ballycotton.
    Well done Mallow AC.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

a really well organised race. OK the start was tight but I must admit, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, once we passed the start line things got moving well, definitely not as bad as Ballycotton.

I had a terrible day at the office but that's my problem :(

Mallow must be the best race in terms of organisation, facilities (excellent spread in the large hall after and lots of other places to grab a bite in the town) and convenience (lots of parking).

I'll be back next year (and running faster hopefully).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

Thought this was a brilliantly organised race. As mentioned the start was tight but they knew that themselves and did as much as they could to alleviate it. A fair route too - couldn't fault it... Found the going tough myself and found it warmer than I thought it would be but we can hardly blame Mallow for that. Well done Mallow AC, nicely done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭opus

a really well organised race. OK the start was tight but I must admit, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, once we passed the start line things got moving well, definitely not as bad as Ballycotton.

For sure it's a great event! Thought the same actually, start was a bit congested but looks like people placed themselves far more sensibly than Ballycotton which always looks like a free for all to me :)

After a bit of a tumble in the Tralee marathon the previous w/end I was a bit worried about some part of me falling off but everything stayed attached thankfully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭amcgee

well organised race and really enjoyed it over all. the first mile was rather tough and the start was a bith similar to ballycotton.
    Once you got passed the first couple of miles , it was fairly ok. a few drags near the end were tough but was happy to break 70 minutes again.
    Weather was great also. I went with the 70 minute pacers who paced it to perfection. Well done
    One of the best races around. Well done Mallow AC

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Plainjane112

This was my first 10 mile. Absolutely chuffed to have finished it. Really enjoyed the day. It was well organized and all the stewards and volunteers were so helpful. The weather was the icing on the cake!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

opus wrote: »
    For sure it's a great event! Thought the same actually, start was a bit congested but looks like people placed themselves far more sensibly than Ballycotton which always looks like a free for all to me :)

After a bit of a tumble in the Tralee marathon the previous w/end I was a bit worried about some part of me falling off but everything stayed attached thankfully.

Not a bit upset about the time Opus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

Well done Mallow AC. This is fast turning into one of the best races on the calendar for me. Even though the start seemed tight enough I had no problems whatsoever as everyone seemed to be in the correct coral (for a change). Organized extremely well on a great course.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭opus

Itziger wrote: »
    Not a bit upset about the time Opus?

No, it was a 10m pb for me & over a min faster than last year in Mallow so happy out :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement