Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonic rodent repellent devices

• 06-12-2014 10:04am
    Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭

An old thread but wondering how effective these devices are , are the worth getting ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Post split out & moved to Animal & Pet Issues. Hope this is the best place for it.

dudara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

I could hear scuttling when in the attic recently. It was going on for about a week and I was too terrified to go up and check. A family member gave me some sonic plug ins and I haven't heard anything since, so it's a thumbs up from me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

They work very well, but I find they work better when the problem's been resolved! :) We had an intruder (think it crept in when the weather was cold). Set a trap for it, got rid and then plugged in the repellents. Not had any since!

But I have seen rats scuttling across the garden lately. They never stop in our place - not that I want them to mind!! I wonder if the repellents are the reason why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

My Dad swears by them, but to be honest I had a hamster in the house with them all on and she didn't even flinch. So not sure really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

I catch and release mice rather than kill them
    Out of interest I got one of those sonic yokes to see if it was a way to keep the mice out of my house
    Mouse in a shoebox couldn't get a reaction turning on and off the sonic yoke
    They don't care

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

they get used to noise after a week

• Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

Aeternum wrote: »
    I could hear scuttling when in the attic recently. It was going on for about a week and I was too terrified to go up and check. A family member gave me some sonic plug ins and I haven't heard anything since, so it's a thumbs up from me :)

What device do you use and where did you get it ?

You can get them at Woodies or B & Q.

• Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

You can get them at Woodies or B & Q.

Have seen them in Woodies , but was wondering what is the best make to get ?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Spaniel heaven

Got one last year, the sound annoyed me and the dogs - mice however seemed to take no notice

• Advertisement

Got one last year, the sound annoyed me and the dogs - mice however seemed to take no notice

Which one did you get? It's sonic, so neither you nor your dogs should be able to hear...

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Spaniel heaven

Cannot remember, yes I fully understand the concept of sonic and that it should not effect the dogs or myself. I have on a few occasions seen where people have thrown SONIC repellers out due to an annoying buzzing sound, look they were probably cheap/malfunctioning or on the wrong setting but either way mine got the bin after a few attempts to solve the problem.

Advertisement