Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned for saying "Murica!" in AH?!

Options
  • 06-12-2014 11:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭

Explain? This is a widely used term in AH to express condemnation of Americas love for guns.

I used it in the thread where Tamir Rice was shot, after the video was revealed the cops just landed in and shot him. Perfectly apt imo and I'm certainly not aware of this being a bannable term?!

This was the Mods reason for banning someone as great as myself:
    "All mod actions towards you in AH have been for trolling. You seem incapable of having a discussion without trolling. This in NOT the type of thread for being a dick. Take this time off to adjust your posting style or you will be banned permanently."

Now lets digest. First off he's insinuating I'm constantly being banned for trolling. I'm one of the most loved posters in AH and probably no doubt hated by few. Take the good with the bad.

As for been banned. I once received a warning for expressing my disgust with our government. An unbiased warning I'm sure :rolleyes: I let that slide because I'm nice like that especially if someone doesn't quiet understand the state Ireland is in. There are a lot of sheltered and mollycoddled sectors in our country after all.

So what else am I "constantly being banned for" as this mod so subtly put it? Got another warning for posting an AH style response to a poster in a thread that was moved to another forum without me realizing recently.

So the last time I was banned was July. Ok 6 months wow. Banned for sexism. Fair enough, there's been a crack down on that stuff.

Banned in May for having a go at fat people, fair enough.

and I was banned in March for destroying a regular in debate. I was harsh but fair.

So yeah 3 bans, in relative close period of time and I've been much more so curtious to everyone since and considerate of their feelings etc. I'm aware that the crowd in Ah have become very delicate and sensitive lately and I've done my upmost to accommodate that. Influx of hipsters, emos, xfactor & apple fanbois, no doubt contributing.

Clearly the mod who banned me for my murica comment has a hidden agenda? Living in America perhaps? D4 who thinks they're American? or maybe they just love guns. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Have you attempted to resolve this matter via PM with the mod who banned you? When you have done this & if the matter still cannot be resolved you may come back here & start your appeal.

tHB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Had a chat with him
    He told me to come here.

Please forward me a copy of your PM conversation.

Thanks,

tHB

Done.

I had a look around and it says it's ok to post PM's here so:
    El Guapo! wrote:
    Dear Mint Aero,

You have been banned from After Hours for three months for Trolling.

This means you are posting in an intentionally provocative fashion in order to gain a reaction from other members. This is disruptive and causes stress to other members.
    We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

El Guapo!

Moderator Note

All mod actions towards you in AH have been for trolling. You seem incapable of having a discussion without trolling. This in NOT the type of thread for being a dick. Take this time off to adjust your posting style or you will be banned permanently.

Your post:
    Mint Aero wrote: »
    Murica!
    Murica!
    [/QUOTE]
    Since when has "Murica!" become a bannable offence on AH?!
    Mint Aero wrote:
    El Guapo! wrote:
    Trolling has always been a banable offence. You're post was clearly trolling in a serious thread. Such posts are not welcome in AH.

No. Murica is a phrase that has always been used in AH when Americans display their penchant for guns. Clearly you're confused about something.
    Mint Aero wrote:
    El Guapo! wrote:
    I'm not discussing this any further with you. You're welcome to appeal the ban.

I certainly will.

• Advertisement

As was clarified in the PM conversation, you can see that you were banned from AH for trolling. The term of the ban was dictated by your history of such behaviour. By popping in to a serious thread, making a flippant & inflammatory post & not engaging in an appropriate manner - you were trolling & attempting to upset the thread.

You have a history of such behaviour in AH, & now the mods find themselves in a position where you have failed to heed the warnings given previously, so are forced to resort to impose bans of increasing length.

I would have considered requesting a reduction in your ban, however, the tone of your appeal made me decide against this. When the mod clarified the reason for your ban (ie, history of trolling rather than just one single post of "'Murica!") - you made no attempt to engage in any meaningful attempt at resolution & accused the mod of being confused. You then use the DRP to state that you are "one of the most loved posters in AH"? This overly-inflated sense of self-worth to AH &/or ill-judged humour is part of the issue. The sly digs at the moderator were also unwarranted & did no favours to your appeal. You need to adjust your posting style & behaviour or you may find your posting privileges will be removed permanently.

I uphold the ban & ask that you seriously reconsider your posting style when your return.

You may appeal to an Admin if you wish.

tHB

I disagree entirely. The post which I was banned for is entirely in line with an AH style post. You've no argument other than a generic vague statement that I'm trolling in general which has nothing to do my murica comment. So yeah if you guys want some PC utopia for AH then goodluck with that.

AH will be a sad place without me.

You seem to have not understood points that I made in relation to your behaviour in AH. Should you fail to alter your posting style &, to be quite honest, lose "the sun shines out of my ass" attitude - you could lose your posting privileges permanently.

Please take heed of the warnings you have been given if you wish to continue participating in the forum.

Also, please indicate if you wish to appeal to an Admin.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

No reply for over a week. Marking as resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement