Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walkie Talkies

Options
  • 06-12-2014 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi, I'm looking to buy a set of walkie talkies for my wife and her twin sister. We're moving in next door from each other and I think it would be a funny (and practical) present to get them for Xmas.

Could someone please recommend me a set for around €40 max? They're detached houses but only a few meters away so they just need to be reliable for conversation for that scenario.

I've looked through the forums but any posts are quite old so links to some suggestions are out of date.

Thanks very much in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭OU812

They have these things work on the same principle. You talk first, pause, then the other person talks etc.

They have an advantage over wallow talkies in that you can have third party conversations also, they're called phones.

Get them tin cans joined by string as the gag gift & spend the €49 on something she'll want.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 mlocmcgash

Wow, I see what you've done there........you've not helped at all. Thanks a bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

mlocmcgash wrote: »
    Hi, I'm looking to buy a set of walkie talkies for my wife and her twin sister. We're moving in next door from each other and I think it would be a funny (and practical) present to get them for Xmas.

Could someone please recommend me a set for around €40 max? They're detached houses but only a few meters away so they just need to be reliable for conversation for that scenario.

I've looked through the forums but any posts are quite old so links to some suggestions are out of date.

Thanks very much in advance.

Will both houses have broadband? Why not use Skype?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 18,008 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Wow, annoying when some people think they know what other people want. I'm sure he's heard of phones. He's only looking for advice, no need to be a smartass.

I got these from Amazon a few weeks ago for hunting and they work perfectly. Sometimes you get other people using the same frequencies so I wouldn't be giving much info when using them.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B000XUO5QW/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1417941762&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX200_QL40

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Maysa07

I got these in Smiths for my daughter. Staff in smiths all use them and was recommended. Also come in pink :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

OP - these are available on Amazon. We use something similar for work.

BUT ..... if they have smart phones & have access to a wifi, have a look at an app called Voxer. It is a free app that works like a walkie talkie.

Advertisement