Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phantom Phone line

Options
  • 06-12-2014 1:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭

Just wondering is this even possible?

Basically, My parents were UTV Internet customers and earlier this year UTV left the internet market transferring all their customers over to Vodafone.

My parents are elderly and so when they didn't receive a Vodafone modem, and the phone line and internet was working away they just went on with their merry lives.

Around October though the internet turned off. I followed up with Vodafone (I should have probably done a lot sooner than this) and for the last 2 months they still haven't been connected.

The phone line is fine, and they also just noticed that the bills stopped for the phone around summer time too. Vodafone reps have said on the phone that they cannot find the source of the phone line so cannot switch it over. They have said no one (other providers) will be able to source the phone line.

So they basically have a phantom phone line. It's as if UTV closed the door of the building and left and forgot to turn off/switch over their phone line.

Is this even possible as mad as it sounds?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Dial 19801 from the landline to confirm the provider. State this to your provider when you call them.
    If it was indeed transferred from UTV when they were bought out, then your provider should be able to run a test on the number/line, regardless of whether they have billing records for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭frostypants

That number told me they are still with UTV.
    Is it possible that Eircom can change the phone number for them?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Do you have any bills kept from UTV? Try to get the UAN number and they should be able to port it without much problem.

The number is still on that line which is a good thing.

Whatever Eircom can do, Vodafone can do.

Advertisement