Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solid fuel prices

Options
  • 06-12-2014 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

It's that time again.

I've seen cosy glo 40 kg for 18
    Briquettes best I've seen is 4.10

Anyone seen anything to beat that? I'm in Athenry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭aido76

Joyce have 10 bales for €38. Not sure if getting 10 bales is an option.
    If you can go to Attymon, the Bord na Mona depot sells loose broken briquettes for €8 a bag. You bring your own bags. If you are getting a few bags they will sell them by weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 bring your own cheese

What size bag are we talking? I don't actually have any, so can you buy some there or will I just fill the boot? Attymon's not far at all for me, so that sounds perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

What size bag are we talking? I don't actually have any, so can you buy some there or will I just fill the boot? Attymon's not far at all for me, so that sounds perfect.

fertiliser bags usually
    you can bring your own but if its only a few bags there are usually a few there

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭aido76

Fertilizer bags. They might have some bags there but not sure. You can bring them loose in the boot if you wish. They just weigh the car on the way in and again when it's full on the way out and you pay the difference. You could use a trailer if you have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

aido76 wrote: »
    Joyce have 10 bales for €38. Not sure if getting 10 bales is an option.
    If you can go to Attymon, the Bord na Mona depot sells loose broken briquettes for €8 a bag. You bring your own bags. If you are getting a few bags they will sell them by weight.

I would highly recommend above mentioned. It's name is Attymon Peat. I went yday after reading this post. I brought 3 calf nut bags and was expecting to be filling them With badly broken up briquettes. Nope! The briquettes are almost perfect as you would buy in a shop. Sure, there are some that are broke up but the majority I got were almost perfect. €8.50 each bag filled to overflow! About 60 briquettes in each bag. I will be going back with a trailer in January!

• Advertisement
Advertisement