Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxigen Maynooth

Options
  • 06-12-2014 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭

Just moved into an apartment in Griffin Rath Hall and wondering what day do Oxigen collect bins? Also is this week black bin or green? Asked the landlord but he didn't know and Oxigen website helpfully only lets you look at calendar if you have a sign in

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Very strange, been here nearly a week, been keeping an eye out every morning/evening for bins being left out but nobody with Oxigen bins has put them out! I've spent an hour on hold trying to speak to the company and emailed them twice but nothing. Want to ask neighbours but we never seem to be in at the same time. All I've learned so far is never to choose Oxigen when I have an option over my bin provider!!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I have never seen an Oxigen truck in Maynooth since they lost the council contract to AES some years ago

Did you move and bring Oxigen bins with you or?

No, we've rented an apartment and bins are included. Each apartment has their own green and black bins and they all have Oxigen printed on them. I did ask the landlord was it Oxigen who collected and he pointed at the Oxigen bins and said yes as if it was a silly question! We've been watching and nobody else has put out their Oxigen bins all week. Some people in the houses had AES or Thorntons bins and they were put out alright but the apartment Oxigen bins haven't been... I'm very puzzled.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

They don't have AES stickers further down them by any chance?

There's lots of previous incarnations of KCC's contractors bins going around over-sticked by AES.

If Oxigen do collect here they've never done door to door selling and I've never seen a single truck on the road; and I do go to work at any time from 4:30am to 2pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭ffocused

Oxigen collect both bins on the same day every fortnight as they use dual chamber trucks. the only time worth ringing them is at 9am sharp otherwise you will be waiting for the guts of an hour to speak to someone.
    I'm in Athy & my collection is every other Friday. (none this week)
    I tried looking up a calendar for you with my account but it only allows me to view my own calendar.

• Advertisement

Definitely no AES stickers on it... That sounds promising that Oxigen do collect elsewhere once a fortnight, thanks for trying to see calendar! We'll try and talk to neighbours tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

ffocused wrote: »
    Oxigen collect both bins on the same day every fortnight as they use dual chamber trucks. the only time worth ringing them is at 9am sharp otherwise you will be waiting for the guts of an hour to speak to someone.
    I'm in Athy & my collection is every other Friday. (none this week)
    I tried looking up a calendar for you with my account but it only allows me to view my own calendar.
    They may have some split bodies but for years they have been throwing both bins in together in single bodies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

guil wrote: »
    They may have some split bodies but for years they have been throwing both bins in together in single bodies.

We had Oxigen in Celbridge up to about a year ago, they sold the route to thorntons.
    Our bins say oxigen but are collected on Thursdays by Thorntons....

We got to talk to a neighbour yesterday who said both bins are collected every second Wednesday so fingers crossed!

For the sake of completeness - both bins were collected this morning at 4.30am by an Oxigen bin lorry!

• Advertisement
Advertisement