Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Willie Frazer is planning another Love Ulster parade through Dublin in 2015

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Well that's something I didn't know about them. No way should they be allowed to desecrate the memories of those killed in the biggest mass murder in Ireland or Britain. That would be like Sinn Fein walking past that chippers on the Shankill Road & holding pictures of Thomas Begely & the other bombers.

It wasn't the biggest mass murder. It was the biggest of the troubles though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

Berserker wrote: »
    It's a win-win for Willie. If he marches down Dublin city centre, Irish republicans have to stomach looking at an Orange style march passing right through the heart of their capital city. If trouble erupts, which I believe is inevitable, Willie can correctly claim that Dublin and the RoI as a whole is not welcoming towards the people of Ulster.

A small group of bigots showing themselves ups for the small minded idiots that they are wouldn't exactly be troubling to the Nationalist movement in the north. The best thing to do would be to ignore them, let them have their march, which'll probably end after 100 yards out of embarrasement, and not alone are you allowing them hoist themselves but smelling of roses into the bargain.

Yes, let's not forget Cromwell killing off 1/8 of the island's population.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭joe912

true that would have been the famine, when british landlords were taking food off the land that belongs to the irish and exporting it while the irish starved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭joe912

what poor willie doesn't understand is that irish people love ulster, sure its as irish as Dublin. strange that willie only likes parts of ulster and even then only likes certain people in them parts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Willie by name, Willy by nature

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

He's an awful gobsh!te really.

joe912 wrote: »
    true that would have been the famine, when farmers were exporting food while people starved.

Fixed that for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Sinn Fein are missing such a major trick here. The only way for them to gain from this is to come out and support the march. Put out a statement asking their supporters to ignore and stay away from the march and that they support the rights of the marchers to march and that in a United Ireland, people of all traditions will be respected and have the right to "express that culture".

Disarm Frazer of his outrage capital and rob him of the violent reaction he is chasing and he probably won't even bother with the march.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Seems odd people who hate Ireland and Irishness are allowed to march through out capital.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

iDave wrote: »
    Seems odd people who hate Ireland and Irishness are allowed to march through out capital.

But if Sinn Fein and other Irish political parties ever get their stated aim of a United Ireland, those people are still going to be there, you can't just exile them. You either integrate them and show them that their culture and traditions will be respected or you go to war.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭ShakerMaker91

Frazer is nothing but a bigot and a hypocrite. While he is happy to blacken the IRA at every turn he never mentions the fact that his father was in the Glenanne gang who murdered Catholics with state assistance (until he was put down by the Ra that is). He also condones the Dublin bombing so he is not welcome in the Republic and neither are his drug dealing loyalist mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

But if Sinn Fein and other Irish political parties ever get their stated aim of a United Ireland, those people are still going to be there, you can't just exile them. You either integrate them and show them that their culture and traditions will be respected or you go to war.

A UI realistically is not going to happen so don't see the point entertaining their hate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

Personally I would hold northern thuggish types in the same disdain regardless of what flag they carry. Nothing in their heads only bile.

In reply to another post here, I am always amused to hear someone claim to hate Paisley for what he stood for but yet be aghast at the idea of having Sinn Fein/iRA in government in the Republic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,307 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Willfarman wrote: »
    Personally I would hold northern thuggish types in the same disdain regardless of what flag they carry. Nothing in their heads only bile.

In reply to another post here, I am always amused to hear someone claim to hate Paisley for what he stood for but yet be aghast at the idea of having Sinn Fein/iRA in government in the Republic.

People aren't allowed hate both paisley and SF?

iDave wrote: »

It is a tough one alright.

It goes back to the old adage of not agreeing with what someone says, but defending their right to say it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

It is a tough one alright.

It goes back to the old adage of not agreeing with what someone says, but defending their right to say it.

like the oo he can say it where the locals want to hear it. Even then I'd hope no one listens

VinLieger wrote: »
    People aren't allowed hate both paisley and SF?

your allowed to hate anyone you wish as far as I know. But I can't comprehend how Paisley can be hated by people in the Republic for saying No to having the ira in government in the north, and yet claim to be repulsed by the idea of having the ira in government in the south.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

your allowed to hate anyone you wish as far as I know. But I can't comprehend how Paisley can be hated by people in the Republic for saying No to having the ira in government in the north, and yet claim to be repulsed by the idea of having the ira in government in the south.

That's really not why people hate Paisley though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,854 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

more crap down here, vandalism, city centre shut down, shops down on business, they can get stuffed, they arent wanted!

Grudaire wrote: »
    That's really not why people hate Paisley though

Would it be his outspoken denouncement of the rotten Roman Catholic Church then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Would it be his outspoken denouncement of the rotten Roman Catholic Church then?

I'd say it would be his denouncement of ordinary Catholics instead. I've no problem with anyone pointing out the rot in the RCC's hierarchy - but he just preached religious bigotry for as long as it was beneficial to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,307 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I hate Paisley for his disgusting bigotry and indirectly encouraging violence to innocent people.
    I hate SF and the IRA as their history of violence disgusts me and their populist approach to politics in the south is garbage.

Neither opinion has anything to do with the other though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Rev Ian Paisley who was the Pope of his own Church? Dr Ian Paisley who obtained a phony doctorate so he could prefix his name with 'Dr'?

Ian Paisley who incited violence and hatred and who marched people to the top of the hill only to scurry off rat-like when the trouble kicked off?

Paisley who split the Unionist vote leading to the collapse of the Sunningdale Agreement? Paisley who fought all and any moves toward a peace settlement until he had 'no choice'.

I don't think there's any one person more responsible for stoking the flames of conflict than that 'man of God'. Paisley was the biggest scourge this island has ever produced.

The reason he garnered such support was that he spoke the truth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭nelly17

It was a very one sided truth no balance and based on bigotry and hatred

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

only in the eyes of bigots

Who? Hitler?

nelly17 wrote: »
    It was a very one sided truth no balance and based on bigotry and hatred

That would be a fair comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

What truth? He demonised and denigrated as less than human any person who wasn't both male and a full on believer in his narrow, homophobic, racist and violent brand of christianity.

That, by any stretch of the imagination, is no truth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭Albertofrog

The only reason Willie suggested this was because he held a press conference to refute allegations by a UDA man who said he received €250000 from Dermot Aherne when he was in the DFA to not hold another parade after the first one.
    Willie has form in missing money.

• Advertisement

Karl Stein wrote: »
    Who? Hitler?

You think hitler was speaking the truth? I never thought so..

You think hitler was speaking the truth? I never thought so..

No but many many people in Germany, and further afield, did at the time.
    After a loyalist rally in 1968, Ian Paisley commented on the burning of Catholic homes by claiming: "Catholic homes caught fire because they were loaded with petrol bombs; Catholic churches were attacked and burned because they were arsenals and priests handed out sub-machine guns to parishioners"; he also said the massive discrimination in employment and allocation of public housing for Catholics existed because "they breed like rabbits and multiply like vermin".

wikiquote.org

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

The only reason Willie suggested this was because he held a press conference to refute allegations by a UDA man who said he received €250000 from Dermot Aherne when he was in the DFA to not hold another parade after the first one.
    Willie has form in missing money.

was that guy referring to the EU money I posted about here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93379736&postcount=46 or a seperate amount of money?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭DarkyHughes

jank wrote: »
    A fair point, but it doesn't stop the resident Irish Republicans here go on endlessly about the British empire day in day out. There are plenty of idiots on both sides. Both think they have the moral upper hand.

Can you imagine Irish Republicans marching past the site of the Shankill bomb because that's the equivalent (although only less than 1/3 died than in Dublin/Monaghan bombs.) . I can't anyway I'm sure most of them would have sense than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Pat D. Almighty

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/loyalist-activist-plans-another-love-ulster-parade-in-dublin-653641.html

This is not going to end well and surely Willie Frazer knows it too. The same man who claimed the GAA is a terrorist organisation is now planning another Love Ulster parade through Dublin in early 2015. Has he not learnt from the trouble it caused the last time Thoughts?

Let him March, and ignore him and his friends.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

have my packet of ham all ready to throw..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

anyone got a loan of a premiership jersey?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

david75 wrote: »
    have my packet of ham all ready to throw..

Dont forget the green paint lol

Advertisement