Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much for vet costs?

• 06-12-2014 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi,

I have a cat in the vets at the moment. He has been in since yesterday (Friday), and should hopefully (if he please god makes it) be home on Monday.
    I just wanted to know an around about price I should expect to pay (I don't really care about the amount, just once I know he's going to make it!). He has been on two drips so far and most likely some other medication.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

Kind of impossible to know as it depends why he's there and how extensive the treatment was. Hope he's okay :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭VandC

hope your Kitty is OK. vets bills can be expensive and I hope yours isn't too bad but agree with above, it's hard to tell . I've had different cats over seventeen years and I've had pet insurance for them from the beginning.it's something I would recommend to anyone with a pet. useless to say this now but definitely something you should consider for the future , a small price to pay in comparison and helps with surprise vet visits and medication. good luck on Monday ,hope your pet is better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Did you not ask the vet?? Usually they will give you an indication of the costs before the animal undergoes surgery.

Hope the cat gets well soon!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,326 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I'd guess a couple of hundred, 3 days at vet = about 100, drop another 20, add in a antibiotics and few other another 50 and then vet fee another 150+.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Depends on where the vet is and the kind of practice he runs too. Is the vet a small animal practice or a rural one where he might look after livestock?

• Advertisement
Advertisement