Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buy me a 250euro car

• 06-12-2014 7:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭

Need a short term run around car

Only conditions are:
    - must be legal (have some road tax and at least 3month nct)
    - dont want to spend anything to make it legal

Don't care what it is or how it looks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Bigus

Totally unrealisthic when a scrapper will pay over over 150 just for the weight.

Join the real world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭monty_python

Bigus wrote: »
    Totally unrealisthic when a scrapper will pay over over 150 just for the weight.

Join the real world.

I got a 98 306 with 12 months nct for 400

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭kyote00

What is the minimum then in the real world ?

Join the real world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

You wont get anything road legal for 250.

400 you prob will

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

They exist, definitely
    Just will be hard to find

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Join the real world.
    Not really, Friend of mine found a Passat estate 02 TDI straight car everything working and clean enough for 200.
    Its not impossible.

I got a 98 306 with 12 months nct for 400

400 is not 250

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Not really, Friend of mine found a Passat estate 02 TDI straight car everything working and clean enough for 200.
    Its not impossible.

With tax and test ?

Nct yes but tax is pushing it. Anyway, here's a Carina
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/8088685

Bigus painus in the assus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭monty_python

400 is not 250

No **** sherlock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

Donedeal, Adverts & Gumtree. Search cars for less than €500 and weed out the ones without NCT. realistically you may need to put tax on it, few people sell cars with valid tax, usually just drive it till the tax runs out. Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭man98

I saw a Cinquecento or however it's spelled on Done Deal for €150 a few weeks back. Not sure on the NCT though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

http://cars.donedeal.ie/find/cars/for-sale/Ireland/?ranges[engine_from]=1&ranges[engine_to]=2000&ranges[price_from]=200&ranges[price_to]=400&source=all

With tax and test ?
    A little of each.

thanks.
    always wanted a 'toe bar'
    Nct yes but tax is pushing it. Anyway, here's a Carina
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/8088685

kyote00 wrote: »
    thanks.
    always wanted a 'toe bar'

You won't get one with that attitude

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭DakarVert

Very lucky to get a car with T&T for €250.

I bought 2 '97 cars for €180 (For both!) a few months back... Drove perfectly fine but no test. :) (And they wern't ****heaps either)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TheHappyChappy

Well done pal nice find

Waiting for all the feckin begrudgers above to move on & troll else where:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Well done pal nice find

Waiting for all the feckin begrudgers above to move on & troll else where:)

:confused:

There's no way you can buy a Yaris in any sort of driveable condition for 250e. It's impossible.

Amazingly the NCT is legit. I'll believe it when I see it. Look at the price of similar examples, that will tell you all you need to know,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

How much have you budgeted for insurance OP.

Moneymaker wrote: »

There's no way you can buy a Yaris in any sort of driveable condition for 250e. It's impossible.

Amazingly the NCT is legit. I'll believe it when I see it. Look at the price of similar examples, that will tell you all you need to know,
    Could be the person is stuck and just needs cash.
    You just don't know at this time of year.
    OP better be on the road right now, 300 views per hour it won't be there for long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Could be the person is stuck and just needs cash.
    You just don't know at this time of year.
    OP better be on the road right now, 300 views per hour it won't be there for long.

Sure, but you could list it for a grand and the phone would be off the hook. Good examples can fetch 1500 easy.

Something very fishy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Moneymaker wrote: »

Definitely dodgy. Who takes a picture of a car they are selling on DD out the window of a car/van as they drive past??

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Spaniel heaven

Dondeal

2000 Fiat Seicento 1.1

1 lady owner from new

52000 miles

Taxed to end Jan 15 and NCT to Feb 2015

You would get it for 250. Sorted

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Everyone questioning the yaris yet the 02 passat that cjhaughy was on about is total fiction imo.

Everyone questioning the yaris yet the 02 passat that cjhaughy was on about is total fiction imo.
    Your opinion has been duly noted and filed under irrelevant.
    Why would I bother saying it if it wasn't true?
    Bargains have come up before and will do so again, not everyone want the hassle of dealing with the public by sticking an ad on Donedeal and having all kind of fruitloops calling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

€250 for a Yaris, lol. Probably some clown putting an ad up on dumbdeal of their mate's Yaris and tel number, for ****$ and giggles.

Your opinion has been duly noted and filed under irrelevant.
    Bargains have come up before and will do so again, not everyone want the hassle of dealing with the public by sticking an ad on Donedeal and having all kind of fruitloops calling.

Nice one mate it's what most us are thinking

More trolls & gombeens lately on here with no real knowledge or experience of what their talking about:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Bar stool talk is always popular.

More trolls & gombeens lately on here with no real knowledge or experience of what their talking about:)

Ur really going to wear out that statement, vomiting the troll statement across the forums, kinda sad actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Bar stool talk is always popular.
    Leave it out. I was offered a 01 Passat 1.6 with high mileage, tax and test for nowt not too long ago.

Some people just see selling a car that's worth very little as hassle and they'd rather just pass it on to someone they know who will get something out of it. It happens more often than people think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Leave it out. I was offered a 01 Passat 1.6 with high mileage, tax and test for nowt not too long ago.

Some people just see selling a car that's worth very little as hassle and they'd rather just pass it on to someone they know who will get something out of it. It happens more often than people think.

I fully agree. I have a very clean astra for the last 8 years but have no use for it now. I couldn't just throw it up on donedeal and sell it to anybody, but if a friend who would look after it and get use out of it was looking for a car I'd probably just give it away.

ba_barabus wrote: »

Think Kevin is still on his bar stool looking at his talk pal:)

• Advertisement

corsav6 wrote: »
    I fully agree. I have a very clean astra for the last 8 years but have no use for it now. I couldn't just throw it up on donedeal and sell it to anybody, but if a friend who would look after it and get use out of it was looking for a car I'd probably just give it away.

Exactly & some people just don't want the hassle selling cheap car
    & obviously Kevin above doesn't get that mate & prefers to play the man not the ball:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Just posting to subscribe, wouldnt mind a €300 car to get me from here to next Summer either, preferably 1-1.2L.

Thargor wrote: »
    Just posting to subscribe, wouldnt mind a €300 car to get me from here to next Summer either, preferably 1-1.2L.

Anyone genuinely interested in the lower-end of the used car market should keep an eye on the motors forum, specifically the bangernomics thread (sub 2000 yoyos). There are a lot of knowledgeable individuals contrasting with some of the 'beaut's' on this thread.

Advertisement