Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible deferral

• 06-12-2014 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭

I'm in 3rd year, i've been sick since pretty much the beginning of the term. Though im not seriously ill it was just prolonged and now i feel i've missed a lot of lectures and am behind on assignments. I'm worried that im going to be spending the year trying to catch up and wont get a good grade at the end of it.

I let the examinations office know and asked about possibly deferring but i heard nothing back. I also let my dissertation supervisor know i was sick and have fallen behind, also heard nothing back. The only one that has gotten back to me is my head of department when i told them i would be late with some assignments. I'm just wondering who do i need to get in contact with to discuss my options and maybe even deferring my final year (if thats even possible)

Thanks for your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

Joe Kennedy is the man to contact, his details are all on the SU site, he'll sort you out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Joe Kennedy is the man to contact, his details are all on the SU site, he'll sort you out.

This. Get in touch with him as soon as possible.

Just to note regarding deferring exams, gather every doctors note, scan, appointment details you can find if it is a physical illness. You'll be asked to write a 1-2 page personal statement on why the committee should allow you to sit your exams in Autumn without being capped. You're also meant to attach any relevant documentation, which would be what I listed above.

If it is a physical illness, feel free to PM me as I deferred many of my exams last year due to physical illness with an impact on mental health.

If it is mental health related, any documentation or back-up you can provide should be added and you should be mentioning times in your personal statement where it affected you massively.

Best of luck and I hope things start looking up for you soon!

Advertisement