Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City Centre at Christmas Time - something to be proud of

Options
2»

Comments

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip to Dublin OP.

I'd Swiss friends arrive on Thursday for a five day stay.. Despite the warnings one of them got mugged on O'Connell St at noontime on Friday.

Be safe.

Thank you.
    I'm from Cork City, not an overly affluent part, I'd have my wits about me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

• Registered Users Posts: 9,685 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Yep, the city is maturing nicely. Had the pleasure to spend Saturday visiting various eateries and bars. Cracking atmosphere, every sort of person knocking around, hipsters, older folk, young revelers, LGBT, fashionistas, sports fanatics, shysters, tourists, families... Met some great people, had some great creative food and drinks. All very tolerant and social. Saw a few pleasantries that might have caused trouble a few years ago. Nice to see everyone getting along. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Nice post OP, thanks for taking the time to post it. I'm not from Dublin, but I've lived in the City Centre for the last 11 years, and consider it my home now.

It gets a bad rap from a lot of folk, and in fairness, I can see what they're focusing on, but those who give out about it, don't tend to see, or just plain ignore the positives. I love Dublin City, warts and all.

Your post is a refreshing one. Happy Christmas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Dublin isn't perfect for sure. But I've been there every day almost without exception for the past 5 years, and i've never seen anything equating to what people describe on here.

And henry street is nice at christmas. Bit busy maybe, but nice to walk round.

• Advertisement
Advertisement