Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSN glitch? Seeing real peoples names not PSN IDs

Options
  • 07-12-2014 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭

So at the moment I'm seeing peoples real names on PSN. Is this happening for others? I'm not friends with these people.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭AGoodison

So at the moment I'm seeing peoples real names on PSN. Is this happening for others? I'm not friends with these people.

Is this on the suggested friends part offered by Sony? I imagine the real name is necessary to identify the person.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

AGoodison wrote: »
    Is this on the suggested friends part offered by Sony? I imagine the real name is necessary to identify the person.

It's when you are searching for a PSN ID. I thought real names are not shared. You can see real profile pictures too, the ones from Facebook

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

It's when you are searching for a PSN ID. I thought real names are not shared. You can see real profile pictures too, the ones from Facebook

You can choose your own level of privacy - maybe these people went for complete syncing of all their profiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

F1ngers wrote: »
    You can choose your own level of privacy - maybe these people went for complete syncing of all their profiles.

Okay. I didn't realise that was an option. Just thought it was strange as I'd never seen it before.

Advertisement