Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your pets christmas

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

My kitties are lucky, spoiled cats this year because I signed up for kitnipbox this month. It's a monthly box that comes filled with all natural treats and cat toys. For the December box, I'm going to take the treats and toys out and put it in their stocking for Christmas. And then going forward, we'll get a new box with new treats each month!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

My kitties are lucky, spoiled cats this year because I signed up for kitnipbox this month. It's a monthly box that comes filled with all natural treats and cat toys. For the December box, I'm going to take the treats and toys out and put it in their stocking for Christmas. And then going forward, we'll get a new box with new treats each month!

Just googled it, that's a brilliant idea. :D Pity something like that isin't available here, realistically with shipping fees here signing up to it wouldn't really be viable. It'd be like getting a secret santa present every month :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

We"re going to my parents for Christmas and the cat is coming with us even though it's only a few km up the road. Until recently we lived there and he's still on house arrest here so he'll be able to go out the cat flap there as a Christmas treat. We'll have to pack up the car with presents, the baby and all his crap, the furbaby, my father in law and me and my husband and then we can relax for the day.

In our house there is a rule that the first bit of meat you cut off any roast is offered to the gods of kittens - meaning the cat gets to try the first piece so he'll get the first bite of Turkey. There'll also be a little present under the tree for him and my parent's cat.

Then there'll be lots of cuddles after dinner!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Will do a big shop a few days beforehand to stock up on new fleece blankets for them. There'll also be some toys, catnip and rawhide treats. On Christmas Eve I will make a huge turkey pudding for them. It's so easy: mix turkey mince with a couple of eggs, a few grated potatoes, a few grated parsnips to sweeten and a small jar of bovril to make it savoury. Then fill a couple of tins and pop in the oven for about an hour. Not strictly a Christmas day thing as the tradition is to give it on Christmas eve. This year we will be dividing it between our dog, our 8 cats, the elderly cat who has us on "visitation only" status (:P) and the neighbour's dog.

Christmas morning will be a bit manic trying to make sure they all get a look in and no doubt our JRT will be prancing around with whatever squeaky toy or rawhide she has picked as her favourite, daring the cats to even look at it. We'll have a long forest walk with her and the neighbour's dog to take down the dinner and in the evening I'll do up the food bowls with a little variation - stock and leftover meat mixed in with their usual food.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Esterhase

This will be our first Christmas with the pooch. She has never received a wrapped gift before so I can't wait to give her one to see what happens. :D

My family normally do presents on Christmas Eve so I'll be taking her to the family home for unwrapping and hopefully a nice walk.

Then on Christmas day itself I'm planning to have a lie in with the OH until 9-10 followed by a smaller than usual breakfast and longer than usual walkies. The fluffball will then spend most of the afternoon hovering around the kitchen, getting in the way of presses and generally being a nuisance while the human dinner is being prepped. Hopefully a few laps around the nearby fields with a tennis ball and her doggie friends will help keep her busy! I'll add some turkey and veg to her dinner and probably have a bone ready for afters.

If everything goes according to plan all 3 of us will spend the evening panned out in front of a nice fire. Perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

The 4 cats will be glued to me like hawks when I'm cooking the turkey crown on Christmas eve. I don't eat meat so they get my share. They'll just binge on turkey as we don't buy cat treats and we don't give them dairy. I've got some cat nip toys for them and some other bits and bobs. So, all in all it'll be like a Sunday but with turkey instead of chicken and extra catnip.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

I made some dog-cookies for my Secret Santa and baked half the mixture to send off (apart from two testers!). The rest of the dough is in the freezer ready for baking in ten days, although I may not use the Christmas tree cutter next time; it's not great on carrotty-bits. Pup's stocking will have a nylabone, new balls, and some of the cookies.

There'll be some new toys and Santa will also be bringing a toy-box of some description and perhaps, finally, a crate. Her first professional grooming is set for next Tuesday. I'm a bit :-/ about that. (She's a cavachon and such a gorgeous little curly-locks at the moment, but as her adult coat comes in it's getting more inclined to tangle.)

I'm in two minds about a rain-suit and boots in case this awful winter some are predicting hits us over/after Christmas. :eek: I don't want to look daft while walking her but of course, want her to be comfortable and warm. My folks are of the 'my dog had one toy and it were a stick' persuasion so there's that. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Dubl07 wrote: »
    I made some dog-cookies for my Secret Santa and baked half the mixture to send off (apart from two testers!). The rest of the dough is in the freezer ready for baking in ten days, although I may not use the Christmas tree cutter next time; it's not great on carrotty-bits. Pup's stocking will have a nylabone, new balls, and some of the cookies.

There'll be some new toys and Santa will also be bringing a toy-box of some description and perhaps, finally, a crate. Her first professional grooming is set for next Tuesday. I'm a bit :-/ about that. (She's a cavachon and such a gorgeous little curly-locks at the moment, but as her adult coat comes in it's getting more inclined to tangle.)

I'm in two minds about a rain-suit and boots in case this awful winter some are predicting hits us over/after Christmas. :eek: I don't want to look daft while walking her but of course, want her to be comfortable and warm. My folks are of the 'my dog had one toy and it were a stick' persuasion so there's that. :D

:D

Advertisement