Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Parking in Skerries - Saturdays before Christmas - Cautionary note

Options
  • 07-12-2014 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭

While there is free parking in Skerries on the Saturdays before Christmas the Parking Warden is still workikng. I saw him ticketing a car which was partially occupying a disabled space in Strand Street yesterday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

And proper order too. It really galls me to see able-bodied people taking up disabled parking spaces. Inconsiderate gits.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

cbreeze wrote: »
    While there is free parking in Skerries on the Saturdays before Christmas the Parking Warden is still workikng. I saw him ticketing a car which was partially occupying a disabled space in Strand Street yesterday.

Proper order!

Balbriggan free street parking for Saturday's in December too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Proper order.

We now post photographs of cars that illegally park in disabled spaces in our club. People have got the message.

One thing though is the street marking for disabled spaces are near impossible to see so all should have a sign on a pole beside them.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Nice one. Where do you post your pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Nice one. Where do you post your pics?

They are posted on the club facebook page so everyone checking on match reports and news gets to see them.

It has worked well and with mobile phones are up within minutes. It has more or less stopped but we need to have signs on posts at the spaces like there should be on the streets also.

• Advertisement
Advertisement