Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone remember the name of this fishing show?

Options
  • 07-12-2014 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭

It was from about 10 years ago. I think it was maybe 6 parts and featured 2 anglers, one Scottish and i think the other was English. They traveled around Ireland and could only eat what they caught sleeping in tents where they fished. The Scot always wrote a pink shirt and won the competition.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭jack01986

I do remember the show but can't remember the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

is it "reel wars" ??

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

popsy09 wrote: »
    is it "reel wars" ??

That's the one. Steve Broad and Rob Yorke.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭jack01986

Yep that was it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Great show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

That was it!! Thanks a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

I remember this on discover home and leisure on Saturday mornings
    Think it was on after hooked on fishing with paul young or matt hayes total fishing

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Was a great show!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Kingfish

Anyone know were you could watch it like a website that shows it I've tried every we're can't find it

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭slaneylad

while we're on the subject. I remember watching an English (maybe Scottish) salmon fishing program on youtube. I cant for the life of me remember the name of it. Its from a good few years ago.

The main things I remember about it were, it seemed to be centered around one gillie cant remember his name but he was a renowned salmon fisherman.

At one part he was with a "client" who he had fishing the worm in a very fast flowing pool with lots of rocks. the fish took off down stream, they followed it came to some trees and they had to cut the line and then reattach when they were past the trees.

Another part of the program they were fishing a very heavy pool again with the worm. he explained that while the pool was very fast on top it was not like that below and the fish would be lying there. They got at least one fish out of the pool.

I think there was another part of the program where there was a woman presenting the program and a pig of a fish rose behind them, he then proceeded to hook and loose the fish.

I have wasted a lot of time searching through youtube for the film but cant find it, for all I know it was taken down. If someone remembers the name of the program or even the gillie, I would really appreciate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

slaneylad wrote: »
    while we're on the subject. I remember watching an English (maybe Scottish) salmon fishing program on youtube. I cant for the life of me remember the name of it. Its from a good few years ago.

The main things I remember about it were, it seemed to be centered around one gillie cant remember his name but he was a renowned salmon fisherman.

At one part he was with a "client" who he had fishing the worm in a very fast flowing pool with lots of rocks. the fish took off down stream, they followed it came to some trees and they had to cut the line and then reattach when they were past the trees.

Another part of the program they were fishing a very heavy pool again with the worm. he explained that while the pool was very fast on top it was not like that below and the fish would be lying there. They got at least one fish out of the pool.

I think there was another part of the program where there was a woman presenting the program and a pig of a fish rose behind them, he then proceeded to hook and loose the fish.

I have wasted a lot of time searching through youtube for the film but cant find it, for all I know it was taken down. If someone remembers the name of the program or even the gillie, I would really appreciate?

I remember seeing that years ago. From what I remember I thought it was a hoax.

Advertisement