Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

TV for new apartment

• 07-12-2014 12:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭

Moving out next week and need to get a TV. Will mainly be using it to play xbox one and obviously.....watch TV.

Would be looking for something 32 inch or bigger, don't care what brand it is, with a warranty and my budget would be about 260. I saw a Toshiba 32 inch in argos for 259.99 but just wanted to know is there anything better out there.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,284 ✭✭✭✭muffler

If you could borrow one from a relation or neighbour who has a spare you would be better waiting until boxing day to get a bargain. Otherwise its just a case of shopping around at the "usual suspects" for a good deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Power City have some at decent prices,they have a Walker 32" with built in Saorview and Satellite tuners which is very handy.
    A 32" tv doesn't have to be full 1080p because you won't notice any difference on a screen that size.
    http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-12-WP3295

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

muffler wrote: »
    If you could borrow one from a relation or neighbour who has a spare you would be better waiting until boxing day to get a bargain. Otherwise its just a case of shopping around at the "usual suspects" for a good deal

Ya was thinking that alright. Will actually be away from the 21st to 28th anyway so its not too urgent and could wait until I get back. Will the st stephens day sales be just on for the day in most places or will they extend until about new years?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,284 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Colemania wrote: »
    Ya was thinking that alright. Will actually be away from the 21st to 28th anyway so its not too urgent and could wait until I get back. Will the st stephens day sales be just on for the day in most places or will they extend until about new years?
    A lot of the online sales begin on Xmas day and maybe even a few days earlier so just keep an eye on the likes of Argos, Power City, Harvey Norman, DID Electrical, Currys, Richer Sounds, Tescos etc etc. The majority will start on boxing day but like most sales the longer you leave it the less bargains are available.

muffler wrote: »
    A lot of the online sales begin on Xmas day and maybe even a few days earlier so just keep an eye on the likes of Argos, Power City, Harvey Norman, DID Electrical, Currys, Richer Sounds, Tescos etc etc. The majority will start on boxing day but like most sales the longer you leave it the less bargains are available.

Will do, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

40" Cello LED TV/DVD Combi in Power City: €339.99

32" Digihome LED TV in Power City: €199.99

39" Walker LED TV in Power City: €299.99

40" Cello LED TV/DVD Combi in Power City: €339.99

32" Digihome LED TV in Power City: €199.99

39" Walker LED TV in Power City: €299.99

Living in Limerick so no use to me but thanks anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

For €260 I'd literally just take whatever's easiest to pick up

32" Toshiba €250 in Lidl from today

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Saw a 32" Blaupunkt for €199 in Tesco last week or so, no idea if there would be any left in stores though. Thought it was a nice bargain myself :)

• Advertisement

40" LED TV in HMV €300

40" LED TV in HMV €300

Is it anywhere on their website?

Colemania wrote: »
    Is it anywhere on their website?

Yeah Blue Diamond just google it dude, it's tje first thing that comes up. Can't link it from my phone

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Long Turn

Lidl have a 32" Toshiba for € 250.h
    Got it yesterday and its nice

Long Turn wrote: »
    Lidl have a 32" Toshiba for € 250.h
    Got it yesterday and its nice

can't find on their website so will nip in after work to see if they still have it

EDIT: Found it

D.I.D actually have a great selection of TVs, a lot in and around my budget

http://www.did.ie/tvs/where/p/2/price/0,364/tv-screen-size/40--dqt-_39--dqt-_32--dqt-

Which TVs would you recommend from that list? I just filtered TVs under €364 and 32-40 inch. I'd go as far as 350 if it was a very good TV

How about this for an extra 40 euro? Full HD compared to HD ready

http://www.euronics.ie/product/samsung-32-full-hd-led-tv-ue32h5000/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Yeah Blue Diamond just google it dude, it's tje first thing that comes up. Can't link it from my phone

Be very careful with Blue Diamond have heard loads of complaints about the Sound. Buyer beware.

I havent bought a TV from them but I have bought my last three laptops from Laptopsdirect.co.uk. No complaints from me. The carriage isnt that bad maybe €15?

Advertisement