Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RED ROCK [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Foggy Jew wrote: »
    The chap who opening the cafe place with his daughter ..... Who is he in real life, and what have I seen him in before? It's driving me nuts. TIA
    He reminds me a lot of the fella who is/was married to Yvonne in Fair City.

Mike, maybe?

Don't watch it so apologies if I've got the names wrong!

Katie is providing the standout acting for me so far. I hope the "Ma" fecks off back to Spain soon, makes me cringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    He reminds me a lot of the fella who is/was married to Yvonne in Fair City.

Mike, maybe?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0112390/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t21

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

Nope.. Strazdaz nailed it. I remember him from The Tudors. Thanks very much... it was like an itch I couldn't scratch wondering where I knew him from. Thanks all.

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

Nope.. Strazdaz nailed it.

No, I did. :P

Apologies, Podge. Full kudos to you. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Just caught up on this weeks episodes. I love the "cop drama" aspect too. It doesn't really fit into the soap category for me, as in I wouldn't lump it in with the likes of Fair City and Corrie.
    Pauge is the best! I love Katie Kiely too. I think she is really good.

My only critisism so far is the length of the episodes. 21 mins including the opening music. That's why I wait and watch both together.
    Do ye think they will increase the number of episodes a wk? or make them longer?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

SarahBM wrote: »
    Just caught up on this weeks episodes. I love the "cop drama" aspect too. It doesn't really fit into the soap category for me, as in I wouldn't lump it in with the likes of Fair City and Corrie.
    Pauge is the best! I love Katie Kiely too. I think she is really good.

My only critisism so far is the length of the episodes. 21 mins including the opening music. That's why I wait and watch both together.
    Do ye think they will increase the number of episodes a wk? or make them longer?

If it is popular they will increase the number of eps a week. Or they may start to look at an hour long weekly episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Elmo wrote: »
    If it is popular they will increase the number of eps a week. Or they may start to look at an hour long weekly episode.

They're ahead of you. It's called the omnibus on Sunday.

sligojoek wrote: »
    They're ahead of you. It's called the omnibus on Sunday.

3e get there before them so!

Glenroe with cop cars.............

• Advertisement

Glenroe with cop cars.............

The acting is so far ahead of anything that Glenroe ever produced that this is not a fair comparison!

The acting is so far ahead of anything that Glenroe ever produced that this is not a fair comparison!

I'd disagree in its time Gelroe was well written and acted. Towards the end it became very soap opera like.

Though I still don't quite understand the idea behind setting it at a seaside village with no Fishermen or Fishing Families.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭George White

Isn't it supposed to be that the Kielys were a fishing family and then the fishing dried up so they've turned to crime...

• Registered Users Posts: 56,135 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Isn't it supposed to be that the Kielys were a fishing family and then the fishing dried up so they've turned to crime...

There seems to be just the 5 of them, with one dead. Still waiting to see what kind of criminal activity they are supposed to be into.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,814 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

A good episode tonight. Pauge was not very clever to farm out his debt to a bunch of thugs and it looks like Sharon is going to confront the older cop who's "dating" the younger girl.....will it blow up in her face though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Judging by the thread interest in the show is waining :(

desbrook wrote: »
    Or perhaps the nay-sayers have nothing to nay-say about it? I think it's really good. I think it could have a future.:P

Or perhaps the nay-sayers have nothing to nay-say about it? I think it's really good. I think it could have a future.:P

True : everyone in the FC thread (including myself) are primarily bashing it :D

desbrook wrote: »

This show is good. End. :)
    Mcgonigle is going to be fun to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I thought Paudge had the potential to become annoying after the first couple of episodes, but the opposite is happening and I'm just liking the character more and more.

Actually so far, there's no characters I don't like and the storylines are all coming together nicely. The murder of Darren Kiely is still ongoing, but its happening mostly in the background which is good as it gives other storylines more time to come to the forefront.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,777 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I thought Paudge had the potential to become annoying after the first couple of episodes, but the opposite is happening and I'm just liking the character more and more

Yes they should make him along the lines of Brendan Gleesons character in The Guard, have lots of little sidelines, cigarette or drug smuggling in the harbour, selling confiscated goods etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Yes they should make him along the lines of Brendan Gleesons character in The Guard, have lots of little sidelines, cigarette or drug smuggling in the harbour, selling confiscated goods etc.

Am enjoying it more and more with every episode. Hope they eventually have
    it on more than twice a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭TOMs WIFE

Enjoyed Thursday episode a lot. Scenes with Sharon and McGonigal were great. They both have lots of potential as characters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

so what are the viewing figures? they have remained very tight lipped since the first week in publicising them?

TOMs WIFE wrote: »
    Enjoyed Thursday episode a lot. Scenes with Sharon and McGonigal were great. They both have lots of potential as characters.

Looks like McGonigal has Sharon's card marked now (even though she doesn't know it).

Strazdas wrote: »
    Looks like McGonigal has Sharon's card marked now (even though she doesn't know it).

It will be fun, he'll be dangerous like a trapped animal.:D

so what are the viewing figures? they have remained very tight lipped since the first week in publicising them?

They expected a fall.

Red Rock will fail due to it being on TV3 and other TV3 shows that aren't performing.

It is a good show but mediocre nearly getting to The Clinic and Raw type of mediocre-ness which isn't a bad criticism of a soap.

To launch a soap in a saturated soap market was always going to be difficult. IMO the 3 Irish soaps are better than their 3 English counterparts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Strazdas wrote: »

I didnt get that part. He already knew she knew and she went to him and told him and didnt report it.

syklops wrote: »
    I didnt get that part. He already knew she knew and she went to him and told him and didnt report it.

He knows she lied about the circumstances as to how she got the tape. She therefore can't be trusted (by him). She is a threat that must be neutralised.

That's my take! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

syklops wrote: »

He (the sergeant) didn't know she knew until Sharon (female young garda) told him the story about the anonymous woman giving her the memory stick. He actually believed the story to the extent that he went to the garage owner to try track the woman down only to discover it was Sharon who was viewing the footage after the Kiely murder and knew all along.

The missing piece ( although this may be intentional) is whether she made two copies from the original. If she did the Sergeant is in real trouble as discrediting her will only provoke her to reveal his motives. If she didn't make a copy she's acted very stupidity and quite honestly shouldn't be in the Gaurds!!

Advertisement