Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RED ROCK [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

I thought this wks episodes were very good. Cant wait to find out what David took the money from the pub for.
    The Sergeant gives me the creeps. I think he will blackmail Sharon. She should have went to the other woman guard, who's name I can't think of right now. She has more experience and would have handled the situation better I think. Well, we will have to wait til next wednesday.
    Pauge's tenant was gas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

SarahBM wrote: »
    I thought this wks episodes were very good. Cant wait to find out what David took the money from the pub for.
    The Sergeant gives me the creeps. I think he will blackmail Sharon. She should have went to the other woman guard, who's name I can't think of right now. She has more experience and would have handled the situation better I think. Well, we will have to wait til next wednesday.
    Pauge's tenant was gas :D

How will he blackmail Sharon????

PS - David took the money to run away with Katy. The irony is that for all their airs and graces the Hennessey family so far consist of a killer, a thief, a scheming solicitor and a totally dishonest, ruthless matriarch who is having a secret affair with a tenant. The Kielys are looking like angels in comparison :)

desbrook wrote: »

PS - David took the money to run away with Katy. The irony is that for all their airs and graces the Hennessey family so far consist of a killer, a thief, a scheming solicitor and a totally dishonest, ruthless matriarch who is having a secret affair with a tenant. The Kielys are looking like angels in comparison :)

Sharon had no reason to go back and take that footage from the garage, no "probable cause" as they say. Im probably wrong but I would have thought that taking that footage would be breaking some sort of rule at least. Plus she is a rookie, she can't just go off investigating sergeants off her own bat. Maybe blackmail is the wrong word. He will hold it against her at least. She shouldn't cross him anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

PS - David says he took the money to run away with Katy. The irony is that for all their airs and graces the Hennessey family so far consist of a killer, a thief, a scheming solicitor and a totally dishonest, ruthless matriarch who is having a secret affair with a tenant. The Kielys are looking like angels in comparison :)

FYP.

He's fibbing about that as well - it had something to do with the brother who killed Darren (whose name escapes me just now) but he's lying through his teeth to Katie about it, and his mother. Bound to end in tears.

Sharon had no reason to go back and take that footage from the garage, no "probable cause" as they say. Im probably wrong but I would have thought that taking that footage would be breaking some sort of rule at least. Plus she is a rookie, she can't just go off investigating sergeants off her own bat. Maybe blackmail is the wrong word. He will hold it against her at least. She shouldn't cross him anyway!

Still not buying it. The footage trumps any misdemeanor of Sharon's. Anyway there's nothing to prove she took it. Even if inadmissible as evidence the girl's testimony will be damming. 15yr old girls aren't discreet so the Sergeant has two ladies he must be nice to.

• Advertisement

The acting is so far ahead of anything that Glenroe ever produced that this is not a fair comparison!

Dinny,Teasy,Miley and Biddy were well ahead of this lot..Even the Riordans!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Dinny,Teasy,Miley and Biddy were well ahead of this lot..Even the Riordans!

I'm not going to bite!
    Oh, I just have!

:rolleyes::p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    FYP.

He's fibbing about that as well - it had something to do with the brother who killed Darren (whose name escapes me just now) but he's lying through his teeth to Katie about it, and his mother. Bound to end in tears.

I wonder have they a grow factory or something like that setup , something they said the last night made me think that anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 18,814 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

It looks like he has Sharon's card marked for the future anyway. She doesn't know that he returned to the garage to check out her story, so in that sense he is one up on her.

Extremely well shot scenes in the flat complex. Light years ahead of FC. Well done RR. I'm loving it tonight :-)

• Advertisement

Really looking forward to tomorrow's episode now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Excellent tonight. Favourite line "I'll hit you so hard you'll beg me to kick you"

• Registered Users Posts: 82,777 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Good episode tonight, probably best so far. I really think though it would work much better after the watershed, loads more potential if it was allowed be more gritty.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Really good tonight and looks like s**t is well and truly going down in tomorrow's episode.

The comedy scenes add a nice light and shade aspect to the show - Holden being left behind to man the station and missing out on the action was quite enjoyable.

Just thinking aloud here - is there a big imbalance with two thirds of the characters being male ? Would a female based shop such as a beauty salon help address the imbalance?

Just a thought.

Female characters so far : Sergeant ( errant son) , Katy Kiely. Bridget Kiely, daughter of cafe owner, Sharon, mrs Hennessey , and solicitor daughter.

Males : Two funny guard lads, dodgy Sergeant, Super, cafe owner, Kiely and son, Podge, two Hennessey sons.

Seven versus ten!! It's not as bad as I thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Just thinking aloud here - is there a big imbalance with two thirds of the characters being male ? Would a female based shop such as a beauty salon help address the imbalance?

Just a thought.

Female characters so far : Sergeant ( errant son) , Katy Kiely. Bridget Kiely, daughter of cafe owner, Sharon, mrs Hennessey , and solicitor daughter.

Males : Two funny guard lads, dodgy Sergeant, Super, cafe owner, Kiely and son, Podge, two Hennessey sons.

Seven versus ten!! It's not as bad as I thought!

The series is aimed at women and TV3 is largely aimed at women. Did you do this with crossfire? And we were left with The Lie :(

I think you forgot the 2 school girls which brings it to 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

Patricia really is cold hearted! But...I still like her, she's a great bitch :D:p

Elmo wrote: »
    The series is aimed at women and TV3 is largely aimed at women. Did you do this with crossfire? And we were left with The Lie :(

I think you forgot the 2 school girls which brings it to 9.

I was only counting main characters. As I said in the post just thinking aloud ;)

I was only counting main characters. As I said in the post just thinking aloud ;)

They can't really have them as secondary characters I'd say they will play a bigger role as time goes on.

Also the show has a good few guest stars similar to that of The Bill. Noticed one of those Glenroe actors in the show! :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭TOMs WIFE

Enjoyed the last few episodes immensely.

Characters really coming into their own.

Loving Bridget Kiely, Sharon, and McGonigle. The latter being quite creepy at times - like when he told Sharon that "we stick together, DON'T forget that!"

Would love to see this as a post watershed drama but think they are doing well given the constraints.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Randomiser

I am really loving RR and I really liked this weeks episodes. Some amazing scenes and there's no doubt that RR ****s all over FC in every aspect! Finally we have a home grown soap we can actually feel proud of. I definately want to see more of the dirty cop and Bridget! And I like the young cop who's funny. Not sure of all their names yet.

I do have a few small criticisms tho - biggest one is still the theme song. It's so booooooring and sloooooow and makes me want to go to sleep. Have tried to get used to it over the past few weeks, but it's not catchy and I don't think it suits the show. Think they defy need to change this ASAP.

I know they want to the show to feel gritty, but everywhere looks weirdly grey or bleached out. Like they've turned down the amount of colour, and it makes it feel too depressing. To be fair though, it's still a million miles better than FC.

They don't have very good endings. Last Thursday's episode was a very good one for instance, but the end was rubbish - almost like they had run out of stories and didn't know how to finish the episode.

Can live with the theme tune... just but it's the lack of extras that seems weird. The pub and cafe are permanently deserted :(

Can live with the theme tune... just but it's the lack of extras that seems weird. The pub and cafe are permanently deserted :(

Has the cafe opened yet? Pubs are dead during the day, they haven't been to the pub at night only at closing time.

They could just get rid of the Harmonica.

Really loving the show, still annoyed at the shortness of the episodes and the amount of ads when you watch on the 3 player is ridiculous. I agree McGonagle is creepy. Has anyone else notices how Patricia Hennessy likes to sit alone in her dark office lit by a single lamp? LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 18,814 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

TOMs WIFE wrote: »
    Enjoyed the last few episodes immensely.

Characters really coming into their own.

Loving Bridget Kiely, Sharon, and McGonigle. The latter being quite creepy at times - like when he told Sharon that "we stick together, DON'T forget that!"

Would love to see this as a post watershed drama but think they are doing well given the constraints.

Post-watershed would be a bit too dark for my liking and heading towards Love Hate territory....I could imagine a fair bit of swearing, sex, drugs and violence at one point or another (though the classy Single Handed which went out on RTE did manage to avoid all these).

For a twice weekly drama going out all year round, I can totally see why they've gone for the pre-watershed option.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭TOMs WIFE

Strazdas wrote: »
    Post-watershed would be a bit too dark for my liking and heading towards Love Hate territory....I could imagine a fair bit of swearing, sex, drugs and violence at one point or another (though the classy Single Handed which went out on RTE did manage to avoid all these).

For a twice weekly drama going out all year round, I can totally see why they've gone for the pre-watershed option.

Yes, I see where you are coming from and probably do agree. I was probably just thinking there are a few occasions when I would like if they had more leeway to push the boat out - when McGonigal choked the guy that set fire to the flat I wished he could go further :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Strazdas wrote: »

I loved Single-Handed but on sex, the main charachter accidentally sleeps with his half sister in the 3rd episode. So it didn't entirely avoid that subject.

syklops wrote: »
    I loved Single-Handed but on sex, the main charachter accidentally sleeps with his half sister in the 3rd episode. So it didn't entirely avoid that subject.

Was there a sex scene? Pre-watershed drama have the ability to deal with a range of issues. Recently eastenders rape came under criticism both here in Ireland and in Britain, with irish regulator doing little and uk regulator investigating though ultimately coming to its original conclusion that the BBC dealt with the issue in a proper manner.

Single handed could have aired a 8pm IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 56,135 ✭✭✭✭walshb

That scene with Briget Keiley twerking was the most pathetic and ridiculous tv scene ever.

There isn't one likable character in this show. I will give it a couple more weeks. Boring me to tears at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Deathwish4

I've officially given up on Red Rock.

Advertisement