Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RED ROCK [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,115 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

syklops wrote: »
    I loved Single-Handed but on sex, the main charachter accidentally sleeps with his half sister in the 3rd episode. So it didn't entirely avoid that subject.

I remember that episode well but it was very tastefully done : I don't think we saw the two of them even in bed together. I loved how the series could be very dark but without resorting to gratuitous violence, sex or swearing.....it was a very classy drama.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Strazdas wrote: »
    I remember that episode well but it was very tastefully done : I don't think we saw the two of them even in bed together. I loved how the series could be very dark but without resorting to gratuitous violence, sex or swearing.....it was a very classy drama.

You're right. We basically saw just before and just after. We didnt have that stupid thing you see in programs with the couple about to or engaging in sex with the girl gripping the sheet over her chest.

It was a great show. Shame it ended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Deathwish4 wrote: »
    I've officially given up on Red Rock.

Why? (Genuine question)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭Deathwish4

desbrook wrote: »
    Why? (Genuine question)

Hodgepodge of dislikeable characters, poor story-lines and questionable acting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

More family storyline oriented tonight, enjoyed the cops out in the car. Waiting for some action to go down!

• Advertisement

Deathwish4 wrote: »
    Hodgepodge of dislikeable characters, poor story-lines and questionable acting.

Sorry but have to disagree. Thanks for replying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Sorry but have to disagree. Thanks for replying.

I think walshB had stated the same in the previous post.
    walshb wrote: »
    That scene with Briget Keiley twerking was the most pathetic and ridiculous tv scene ever.

There isn't one likable character in this show. I will give it a couple more weeks. Boring me to tears at the moment.

More family storyline oriented tonight, enjoyed the cops out in the car. Waiting for some action to go down!

I liked how most of tonight's episode was out on location. We saw virtually nothing of the Garda station.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

I am really enjoying Red Rock. I was one of those who dismissed it even before the first ep aired but I have been pleasantly surprised at how good it is. The acting for the most part is pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Am enjoying it also. Pity at least one episode is not aired earlier in the week!

• Advertisement

brooke 2 wrote: »
    Am enjoying it also. Pity at least one episode is not aired earlier in the week!

Yeah I'd move the Wednesday one back to Tuesday if I was them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

Great episode tonight! :) Very surprised that David hit Darren too, Katie's reaction should be very interesting when she eventually finds out! Nice to see her and Bridget bonding too.

The sub plot with the girl that had the daughter was quite good too. It's good that they're fleshing out the other cops but I did miss Sharon and Podge last night and tonight :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    Great episode tonight! :) Very surprised that David hit Darren too, Katie's reaction should be very interesting when she eventually finds out! Nice to see her and Bridget bonding too.

The sub plot with the girl that had the daughter was quite good too. It's good that they're fleshing out the other cops but I did miss Sharon and Podge last night and tonight :p

Yeah was weird not having Sharon and Paudge this week, but they probably needed to disappear for a few episodes to give Seán and Adrijan a chance to come into their own a bit more, which worked well. Could you imagine if they switched partners for a week and Paudge and Seán were on patrol together - nothing would get done. On the other hand if Sharon and Adrijan join forces they'd probably take down half the criminals in Red Rock without their slacker partners holding them back...

Also, it was good to finally find out the truth about Michael and David on the night Darren died. Was hard to warm to the two lads when they were acting all shifty the entire time, but they've both grown in my eyes as character this week, and Michael especially is more likeable because of it.

Good episode but major factual error in the big twist. Darren blackmailing the Hennesseys will actual help the two lads - a defence of provocation together with a guilty plea would seriously shorten the sentence for manslaughter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Good episode but major factual error in the big twist. Darren blackmailing the Hennesseys will actual help the two lads - a defence of provocation together with a guilty plea would seriously shorten the sentence for manslaughter.

I would agree if it were not for the fact that it would then be 2 against 1, and I have to agree with Patricia that it would do more to prove pre-meditation which would upgrade the charge to murder, and both sons would go down.

cofy wrote: »
    I would agree if it were not for the fact that it would then be 2 against 1, and I have to agree with Patricia that it would do more to prove pre-meditation which would upgrade the charge to murder, and both sons would go down.

Premeditation does not mean murder - just that there was a conscious decision to frighten him ( Darren) . Anyway you could bring in the blackmail without mentioning the fact the two lads were there. Another hole in the storyline is that the gaurds didn't find out the two were there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Premeditation does not mean murder - just that there was a conscious decision to frighten him ( Darren) . Anyway you could bring in the blackmail without mentioning the fact the two lads were there. Another hole in the storyline is that the gaurds didn't find out the two were there.

I thought the difference between murder and manslaughter was premeditation.
    If they were in court it could be argued that the boys meant to end the blackmail permanently, given the evidence, the fact that there was a body it would be hard to prove that they only meant to frighten him, maybe facts trump intentions.

http://www.lawreform.ie/2008/290108-report-on-homocide-murder-and-involuntary-manslaughter.180.html

Intention to kill is the big difference, but yes premeditation can bolster the element of intention in many cases. It could be argued that if the two lads really wanted to bring Darren out and kill him his final moments would have been a lot different. You'd expect both guys to attack him simultaneously.

There's loads of room for arguement. I'm really impressed and enjoying the episodes. Hope the courtroom scenes will be true to life.

Lollipop95 wrote: »

That was a really good episode. David doesn't come out of this at all well : he has killed Katy's brother but thinks he can carry on having a normal relationship with her.

The second storyline was very good too. That guard was sloppy and unprofessional in allowing his attraction to the girl to cloud his judgement. The eastern European Garda did try to warn him from the outset and it was he that sussed that she was lying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

The blackmail will have to come out as somebody is bound to find all the money that Bridget took.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Randomiser

Just seen this week's episodes. Thought they were deadly. I like Michael a lot. I'm guessing they are setting things up for a brother v brother type storyline, which would be good.

Still absolutely hate the theme music though. It's without doubt the worst theme song in the history of television. Makes my ears bleed!

http://www.goss.ie/2015/02/exclusive-tv3-soap-red-rock-ratings-are-halved-as-only-150000-people-tune-in/

I'm hoping that the revelations last week coupled with the fact that Operation Transformation is finishing soon will boost ratings in March. The show deserves a break!

http://www.goss.ie/2015/02/exclusive-tv3-soap-red-rock-ratings-are-halved-as-only-150000-people-tune-in/

I'm hoping that the revelations last week coupled with the fact that Operation Transformation is finishing soon will boost ratings in March. The show deserves a break!

The show is doing very well considering the rest of TV3's schedule, it is daft to think that Op Tran is killing the programming and TV3's idea to launch it in 2015 rather than last September.

Elmo wrote: »
    The show is doing very well considering the rest of TV3's schedule, it is daft to think that Op Tran is killing the programming and TV3's idea to launch it in 2015 rather than last September.

Whether because of OT or not the programme needs a reschedule . It can't be ignored that a very high percentage of viewers don't/can't / won't watch the show at 830 on Weds and Thurs nights and are choosing the omnibus/recording/ondemand.

Whether because of OT or not the programme needs a reschedule . It can't be ignored that a very high percentage of viewers don't/can't / won't watch the show at 830 on Weds and Thurs nights and are choosing the omnibus/recording/ondemand.

Why do people tune in to Coro St at that time on Monday and Friday nights?

I would love to see the figures for the repeats/omnibus, 3e, +1 and the player. AFAIK recordings are included in the as Broadcast figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Awful show. Brutal script and acting. That gobsh#t guard is the worst of the lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Awful show. Brutal script and acting. That gobsh#t guard is the worst of the lot.

Oh whinge, whinge, whinge. :o:o:o

Elmo wrote: »

I wish it would move to Tuesday and Thursday. That would give me a soap to watch every night(the other one I watch being CS)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Just got caught up on this wks and last wks

I am really enjoying it! I feel so sorry for Katie though. I want to smack David and tell him cop on!
    I can't wait to see what Sharon does about McGonagle.

Paudge is the best! I love the banter between him and Sharon!

• Advertisement

Is it just me or does it feel very short? Maybe its because Im used to watching Corrie, which is a double episode on Mondays and Fridays, but the Wednesday and Thursday episodes seem quite short. Everytime it ends, Im like, is it over already?!?

Advertisement