Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RED ROCK [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

syklops wrote: »
    Is it just me or does it feel very short? Maybe its because Im used to watching Corrie, which is a double episode on Mondays and Fridays, but the Wednesday and Thursday episodes seem quite short. Everytime it ends, Im like, is it over already?!?

Agree, too short. But that does mean that I'm enjoying it if I feel that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Omg, I hate McGonigle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,504 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Poor ol' McGonigal is under attack on all fronts!

Is Sarge pregnant? She's a good liar, I'll give her that :D

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Poor ol' McGonigal is under attack on all fronts!

Is Sarge pregnant? She's a good liar, I'll give her that :D

I wouldn't have even thought of that if Adrijan hadn't suggested it!

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭TOMs WIFE

Omg, I hate McGonigle!

I like him :eek:
    Seriously, great character and came across as really menacing. I was totally drawn into it.

This drama is getting better as time goes on, it's quality stuff. And loved the on location scenes again like in the pub out near the canal. Brought a sense of realism to the whole thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Really enjoyed tonight episode, such a shame there's nothing until weds next week. Gave up on FC tonight. Went to watch it on demand after RR. After 10 minutes I just couldn't be arsed. I've given up.There is simply no comparison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

McGonigle is a brilliant Villain. Hadn't really considered when the show started that the biggest villain would be a member of the Gardaí - makes the story all the more interesting.

Don't want anything bad to happen to Sharon though!

TOMs WIFE wrote: »
    Seriously, great character and came across as really menacing. I was totally drawn into it.

This drama is getting better as time goes on, it's quality stuff. And loved the on location scenes again like in the pub out near the canal. Brought a sense of realism to the whole thing.

I love to hate him, though! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,115 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

That pub is at the bridge at Dolphins Barn :) Yes, the on location stuff is very impressive....you'd never see anything like that on Fair City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,115 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

McGonigle is a brilliant Villain. Hadn't really considered when the show started that the biggest villain would be a member of the Gardaí - makes the story all the more interesting.

Don't want anything bad to happen to Sharon though!

He has a bit of a nasty streak, and we're starting to see that he can be ruthless with anyone who crosses him. I've a feeling he might have frightened Sharon off with his threats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,217 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

The garda with the foreign accent really needs to immerse himself in somewhere rural in Ireland for a month. Its absolutely terrible. The night he said "I hope that's not hot water" I had to pause it because I was laughing so much.

The rest of the actors are good, except the son of the bangharda who's husband is cheating on her is a little over-acting as well.

Now, Im just waiting for Wednesdays episode and I might learn the names of more characters, because all I know now are Katie Kiely and Michael Hennessey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

I'm still really enjoying this but I never get to see it 'live' I tend to record it and watch it at the weekend. Its still very enjoyable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,599 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I have officially given up on this......Fairly weak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Carnacalla wrote: »
    The garda with the foreign accent really needs to immerse himself in somewhere rural in Ireland for a month. Its absolutely terrible. The night he said "I hope that's not hot water" I had to pause it because I was laughing so much.

:confused:

What's your point here? Both the actor and the character he plays are Eastern European - do you think he's supposed to be Irish in the show or something?

:confused:

What's your point here? Both the actor and the character he plays are Eastern European - do you think he's supposed to be Irish in the show or something?

Eastern European and being able to talk are too different things!
    My gripe is not with him being non irish, my gripe is with his horrible pronunciation.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭TOMs WIFE

walshb wrote: »
    I have officially given up on this......Fairly weak.

But you watch Fair City :confused::p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Eastern European and being able to talk are too different things!
    My gripe is not with him being non irish, my gripe is with his horrible pronunciation.

I think his English is very good.

If you don't like how he pronounces certain words... there's a mute button on your remote. :o:o:o

I think his English is very good.

If you don't like how he pronounces certain words... there's a mute button on your remote. :o:o:o

I disagree. I can never ever understand what he says. What's the point of him in the show if you can't even hear him properly?

I disagree. I can never ever understand what he says. What's the point of him in the show if you can't even hear him properly?

Well, it seems everyone else here can understand what he says...

Have you ever seen Eldorado? There were actors in it who didn't speak English at all - and the things they did say weren't subtitled... ;)

Well, it seems everyone else here can understand what he says...

Have you ever seen Eldorado? There were actors in it who didn't speak English at all - and the things they did say weren't subtitled... ;)

I know several people who cannot understand most of what he says.

Never seen Eldorado, and if I couldnt understand what actors said in it I wouldnt watch it.

• Advertisement

Can't tell if you're being serious... And whether you intend it to or not, you're coming across as quite xenophobic on the matter.

Personally I haven't noticed any problems with how he speaks and can understand him just fine. I really like his character so far and thinks he adds a bit of diversity to the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Saw on the cover of one of those TV guides, a heading with "McGonigals revenge" and there was a picture of Sharon looking like she'd been beaten up. Watch your back Sharon.

But you watch Fair City :confused::p

Yes, it's comedy gold, plus the thread is ten times more fun than this nonsense.

Yes, it's comedy gold, plus the thread is ten times more fun than this nonsense.

This thread can be fun too. :(;)

This thread can be fun too. :(;)

Not when the programme is a dull as dishwater!

Not when the programme is a dull as dishwater!

There is a difference between dark and dull ;) but that's just my opinion.

On the original ad for Red Rock, it showed Sharon being locked in a Jail cell. Does this mean something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,504 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

On the original ad for Red Rock, it showed Sharon being locked in a Jail cell. Does this mean something?
    That's exactly what I've been thinking the last while. Not sure she was so much locked in, but went in and closed the door on herself. Has to be something to do with the McGonigal storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    That's exactly what I've been thinking the last while. Not sure she was so much locked in, but went in and closed the door on herself. Has to be something to do with the McGonigal storyline.

They just showed a little sneek peek for tomorrow nights episode during the CL coverage of Man City V Barca. Sharon is going to confront McGonagle's mistress! :eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement

Mistress?? Think you mean victim :(

Advertisement