Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RED ROCK [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Strazdas wrote: »
    Yes, I love the way they included a seemingly mundane story about a barking dog in the two episodes. It makes the programme seem much more true to life : a lot of Garda work would be everyday stuff like this, it's not all sensational drama and car chases.

Love the Eastern European garda...would love to have him in my corner if I were
    in a pickle! He is clever (in a nice way) and has a lot of emotional intelligence.
    So cute to see him walking the dog!! :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,115 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

brooke 2 wrote: »
    Love the Eastern European garda...would love to have him in my corner if I were
    in a pickle! He is clever (in a nice way) and has a lot of emotional intelligence.
    So cute to see him walking the dog!! :):)

Yes, Garda Adrijan is one of the best characters in it. Some of the others seem a bit cocky and full of themselves, but he is modest and very level headed and has genuine empathy for others. From what we've seen of him so far, he's really cut out for the job :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Yes, Garda Adrijan is one of the best characters in it. Some of the others seem a bit cocky and full of themselves, but he is modest and very level headed and has genuine empathy for others. From what we've seen of him so far, he's really cut out for the job :)

Mcgonigle is probably cut out for the job too in that he is probably a good cop. If he could stick to that :)

Mcgonigle is probably cut out for the job too in that he is probably a good cop. If he could stick to that :)

That's a big "if" though :D It's not a good sign that he has friends or acquaintances in the criminal fraternity. You'd wonder what else he is involved apart from what we've seen of him so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

McGonigle is a fantastic villain. His character needs to keep getting away with stuff though for him to stay in the show (a bit like Tadhg in Ros na Rún - everyone knows he's up to no good, but they can't pin anything on him)

And I agree that the guy who plays Paudge is great. I think his struggle with the whole Sharon/McGonigle situation has been interesting since the very beginning - you can tell he wants to do the right thing, but just knows the world isn't as black and white as that... Did he even have any lines in that scene tonight?

What I really liked about Podge's performance in this episode was that he had heard what the "Boss" said about McGonigle being a hero but he questioned it, and as a viewer Podge did not over play it, there are a few other scenes which he did not over play but this was the one that left me wondering, does he believe the "Boss" or what is infront of his eyes. It was not until I saw the spoiler for next week, I realised he knew what was going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

I get the feeling that, that is exactly what will get him into trouble. I can't wait to see what hidden (deeply hidden) depths there are to Erik Estrada wannabe his partner.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Sharon should've made a copy of the garage video and went to another officer with it, even that female officer, I can't think of her name. I'd say she would take it seriously.
    I can see McGonigle getting away with it all. Every soap needs a badie.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I had stopped watching, but I've started again now with all the goings on between Sharon and McGonigle. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭TOMs WIFE

Posy wrote: »
    I had stopped watching, but I've started again now with all the goings on between Sharon and McGonigle. :o

It's great stuff isn't it! I suspect McGonigle will get his just deserts down the road.

• Advertisement

Ann22 wrote: »
    Sharon should've made a copy of the garage video and went to another officer with it, even that female officer, I can't think of her name. I'd say she would take it seriously.
    I can see McGonigle getting away with it all. Every soap needs a badie.

Sharon has been very naive in the way she has gone about things. Confronting McGonagle with the CCTV evidence and then approaching the girl off her own bat, even though there is no investigation underway.....she's a mere new recruit Garda, not a senior detective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,217 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

From this week on I predict viewers to go up for the first time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Midnight Sundance

That episode wity Sharon being beaten up was the first where I wished the next episode was on the next night.
    Starting to enjoy the show and hope it keeps going that way. I like the friendship between Sharon and paudge and also the eastern European guard and his partner

Carnacalla wrote: »
    From this week on I predict viewers to go up for the first time.

I'm watching from England and find it better than our clapped out soaps which are a complete joke on every level yet lauded as crown jewels by a scary amount of people. No this will tide me over nicely going forward I feel, still very much finding its feet and acting could be better at times but it feels fresh and actually going somewhere rather than the TV equivalent of going out and looking up and down the road for some action. The police station element helps greatly I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

fr336 wrote: »
    I'm watching from England and find it better than our clapped out soaps which are a complete joke on every level yet lauded as crown jewels by a scary amount of people. No this will tide me over nicely going forward I feel, still very much finding its feet and acting could be better at times but it feels fresh and actually going somewhere rather than the TV equivalent of going out and looking up and down the road for some action. The police station element helps greatly I suppose.

Boring techie question but how do you watch it in the UK? Sky or online or what?

desbrook wrote: »
    Boring techie question but how do you watch it in the UK? Sky or online or what?

Somebody posts it online yeah. Good quality and reliable. I tried the TV3 website through a proxy but it was ridiculously clunky. I would pay a small sum for it if they made it available to us officially!! (And on a good player)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Somebody posts it online yeah. Good quality and reliable. I tried the TV3 website through a proxy but it was ridiculously clunky. I would pay a small sum for it if they made it available to us officially!! (And on a good player)

I had this problem when I was abroad. A guy used to upload coronation street to a youtube channel. People from all over the world would watch it, US, canada, Australia. Granada had the youtube page taken down for copyright infringement but didn't give an alternative. Everyone visiting that page would have happily paid a small sum to be able to watch it legally, but no system was set up. Short-sighted twits.

It compares very favourably with a lot of stuff you see on British TV (and ahead of one or two of your soaps). The production values are excellent : it reminds me of the type of dramas you see from time to time on BBC1.

For the record, the Hola extension on Google chrome may be of use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

There will only be one thing missing from this weeks Red Rock episodes - more. Love to see a Sunday episode at 830 . The old Glenroe slot ;)

• Advertisement

This evenings episode was a bit boring, but thats usually the norm after a "big event".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

This evenings episode was a bit boring, but thats usually the norm after a "big event".

Not as exciting as last week but still its 10 times better than Fair City.

jjf1974 wrote: »
    Not as exciting as last week but still its 10 times better than Fair City.

Agree completely. Id rather watch someone acting about getting her head kicked in by thugs than watch a woman get constantly hysterical about her childs ear infection.

Agree compeltly. Id ratger watch someone pretend acting about getting her head kicked in by thugs than watch a woman get constantly hysterical about her childs ear infection.

:D:D:D Brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Wonder are we going to see a tougher side of paudge's character now that he may feel he has to protect sharon.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭TOMs WIFE

Yes, loved Paudge tonight. But still thinking he is too weak to do anything to protect Sharon!

So, not content to frighten the life out of Sharon last week, McGonigle has to threaten her all over again. Evil personified!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Red Rock should be prepared to take some flack from the real Gardai. I doubt its a popular show for them for a number of reasons including:

Aside from Sharon, about the only one who genuinely wants to help people and seems good at his job is the Croatian immigrant
    Crooked, even evil, underage girl sleeping-with Sergeant
    Podge - lazy, and poor landlord
    Aviator sunglasses guy - feckin eejit
    Commanding officer guy - sleeping with a solicitor

Single-handed got on the wrong side of the Guards and didnt survive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

syklops wrote: »
    Red Rock should be prepared to take some flack from the real Gardai. I doubt its a popular show for them for a number of reasons including:

Aside from Sharon, about the only one who genuinely wants to help people and seems good at his job is the Croatian immigrant
    Crooked, even evil, underage girl sleeping-with Sergeant
    Podge - lazy, and poor landlord
    Aviator sunglasses guy - feckin eejit
    Commanding officer guy - sleeping with a solicitor

Single-handed got on the wrong side of the Guards and didnt survive.

She's his wife...

TOMs WIFE wrote: »
    Yes, loved Paudge tonight. But still thinking he is too weak to do anything to protect Sharon!

So, not content to frighten the life out of Sharon last week, McGonigle has to threaten her all over again. Evil personified!!

McGonagle is absolutely determined he is not going down and he's prepared to go to any means to prevent it from happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

JillyQ wrote: »
    Wonder are we going to see a tougher side of paudge's character now that he may feel he has to protect sharon.

I doubt it. He is terrified of rocking the boat. His eagerness to leave Sharon alone
    after she told him what happened with Brian would not lead one to think that
    Paudge would support her. Hope he proves me wrong!! Thought he was about
    to go speak to the Super when he was intercepted by Brian in the corridor, but
    then lost his resolve.

Advertisement