Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RED ROCK [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Anyone notice the change?

Suddenly we all know their names! Sure sign it's growing on us...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

She's his wife...

Thats even worse!

Admittedly, that one was a bit tongue in cheek, but you get my point.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,814 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

brooke 2 wrote: »
    I doubt it. He is terrified of rocking the boat. His eagerness to leave Sharon alone
    after she told him what happened with Brian would not lead one to think that
    Paudge would support her. Hope he proves me wrong!! Thought he was about
    to go speak to the Super when he was intercepted by Brian in the corridor, but
    then lost his resolve.

Paudge is certainly coming across as very weak at the moment. Saying "do nothing and forget all about it" is not exactly what Sharon wants to hear. Having said that, he does have a point when he says that McGonagle is dangerous and capable of just about anything, perhaps even murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Strazdas wrote: »
    Paudge is certainly coming across as very weak at the moment. Saying "do nothing and forget all about it" is not exactly what Sharon wants to hear. Having said that, he does have a point when he says that McGonagle is dangerous and capable of just about anything, perhaps even murder.

Maybe there's a history between Paudge and McGonigle that we just don't know about yet... What if Paudge used to be like Sharon when he started on the force and then something happened along the way that turned him out the way he is... That'd be an interesting back story...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Maybe there's a history between Paudge and McGonigle that we just don't know about yet... What if Paudge used to be like Sharon when he started on the force and then something happened along the way that turned him out the way he is... That'd be an interesting back story...

it certainly would be. What if he was already aware of McGonigle was at.

• Advertisement

JillyQ wrote: »
    it certainly would be. What if he was already aware of McGonigle was at.

Paudge certainly seemed to readily believe Sharon anyway, which is interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Strazdas wrote: »
    Paudge certainly seemed to readily believe Sharon anyway, which is interesting.

Sharon has confided in him that she saw
    McGonagle kissing an underage girl. He
    has advised her to let it go as she can't
    'rat on another cop'. The thought must
    have occurred to him that she might have said something to McGonagle,
    especially as she was adamant she did
    not want to go out in the car with McG.
    He must have been suspicious that
    when she actually had to go out with
    the sergeant she finished up beaten to a pulp. Guess his portrayal is realistic -
    how many ordinary cops are like the
    cops you see in Blue Bloods, etc?? ;)

brooke 2 wrote: »
    Sharon has confided in him that she saw
    McGonagle kissing an underage girl. He
    has advised her to let it go as she can't
    'rat on another cop'. The thought must
    have occurred to him that she might have said something to McGonagle,
    especially as she was adamant she did
    not want to go out in the car with McG.
    He must have been suspicious that
    when she actually had to go out with
    the sergeant she finished up beaten to a pulp. Guess his portrayal is realistic -
    how many ordinary cops are like the
    cops you see in Blue Bloods, etc?? ;)

Yes, and he has seen enough of McGonagle and his methods to know that he is a wrong 'un. Ironically, Sharon should probably have taken Paudge's advice. He told her to steer well clear and not get involved.....he was experienced enough to know that it would backfire on Sharon, and that McGonagle would fight back.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Is the worm starting to turn at last?

Want to see next week's episodes NOW :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

I hate the way I have to wait 6 days to watch the next episode! It should be 3x weekly and on Monday, Wednesday and Friday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Is the worm starting to turn at last?

Want to see next week's episodes NOW :mad:

I think it is, at least McKay seems to realise something is wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Carnacalla wrote: »
    I hate the way I have to wait 6 days to watch the next episode! It should be 3x weekly and on Monday, Wednesday and Friday

Yes, or even the two showings spread out a bit more rather than one night after the other.

This is reminding me of The Bill more and more, though the standards or numbers of characters isn't quite there.

I'm guessing McGonagle is up to all sorts as well as the underage girl thing. I mean getting a junior fellow officer beaten to a pulp like that is a bit over the top for some slightly creepy sergeant having it away with a schoolgirl if you ask me. He's probably covered up so much crap over the years :eek::cool: We won't be seeing the end of him anytime soon, he's the best part of the show.

"You mean she kicks with the left?" Seán gets the best lines. :D

Can't wait for next week - if the promo is anything to go by, looks like the majority of the action will take place within the station itself...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

TOMs WIFE wrote: »
    Yes, loved Paudge tonight. But still thinking he is too weak to do anything to protect Sharon!

So, not content to frighten the life out of Sharon last week, McGonigle has to threaten her all over again. Evil personified!!

I don't think Podge is too weak, he is thinking strategically rather than in the moment.

But I do agree, once a bully gets away with things, they will go further and this will be the down fall of McGonigle, and Podge may be the one that will allow that to happen. Sharon is black and white, while Podge will allow things to take their natural course, he will allow McGonigle "enough rope" the safest and surest way.

I think Podge to get McGonigle, he need to pull the rug out from under McGonigle with the right force, in the right direction, at the right time. It will take Podge time to get all these things in the right order. Podge is biding his time.

I hope Paudge will ultimately be the one to take down McGonigle - would prove he's the Hero we all believe him to be...

I think Seán Holden is giving Paudge a bit of a run for his money in the 'Bit of a Legend' stakes though - he's really grown on me as a character the last few weeks...

cofy wrote: »
    I don't think Podge is too weak, he is thinking strategically rather than in the moment.

But I do agree, once a bully gets away with things, they will go further and this will be the down fall of McGonigle, and Podge may be the one that will allow that to happen. Sharon is black and white, while Podge will allow things to take their natural course, he will allow McGonigle "enough rope" the safest and surest way.

In Ireland we are far too quick to associate charisma with intellect, and charm with wisdom, and vice versa. Podge established himself as a 'do whats required and no more' kind of guard, and so it was easy to label him as dumb and lazy.

With the number of fellas walking around with 78+ convictions and their liberty intact, its possible Podge is actually a bit jaded from going the extra mile a few times and being stung because of it. That does not mean he is apathetic to Sharons predicament nor does it mean he is too weak to help her against McGonagle.

I agree too that McGonagle has more than one skeleton in his closet. You can't know and ask 3 thugs to beat a fellow officer up and know they wont talk without having something on them.

Maybe I just like the character that Podge seems to be building a bit too much:o:D.

fr336 wrote: »
    Yes, or even the two showings spread out a bit more rather than one night after the other.

This is reminding me of The Bill more and more, though the standards or numbers of characters isn't quite there.

The one big difference is that The Bill concentrated just as much on the detectives and their work as the ordinary bobbies on the beat, whereas Red Rock is solely focussed on the Gardai at the station (they may have to introduce one or two detective characters to give the show some realism).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

syklops wrote: »
    I agree too that McGonagle has more than one skeleton in his closet.

Maybe you're right. Do I spot a certain Sgt Mcgonigle about 1 minute in, in this clip from Mr and Mrs Smith?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Ellen OG

I watched it twice and got fed up. My BF loves it tho

Think that was my favourite episode so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭TOMs WIFE

Think that was my favourite episode so far...

+1.

Better and better as a cop drama!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Its a little annoying how abruptly it ends, but a good episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Utter garbage, complete and utter tripe.

Really enjoyed that episode.

What do you recommend?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

mttf03.jpg

:o:o:o:D:);)

Advertisement