Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RED ROCK [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

jimmyw wrote: »
    How is she going to explain about that I wonder.

She doesnt need to. Brian needs to explain his red eyes. He wont tell on Sharon because she will spill everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,115 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

SarahBM wrote: »
    Well McGonagle would just be setting himself up if he says what really happened.

McKay "So why did Sharon pepper spray you Brian?"
    McGonagle "Well boss I confronted her because she accused me of raping a teenager and telling my family, and then I said I'd break her ribs for her again..."

He won't say anything and neither will she. I think he will just keep trying to get her into trouble, but he will eventually go too far and get caught out by Angela or McKay even. McKay has a real soft spot for Sharon. I see her as the Harry to his Dubmbledore if you know what I mean.

McGonagle will probably just make up some fib about accidentally setting off the pepper spray or getting something in his eye. Sharon is certainly a brave woman, we already know that McGonagle is dangerous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

I wonder is there something in Sharons backround that going to come out about abuse.

JillyQ wrote: »
    I wonder is there something in Sharons backround that going to come out about abuse.
    In some ways Id be disappointed if they did do that. You dont have to be a victim to become a hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

syklops wrote: »
    She doesnt need to. Brian needs to explain his red eyes. He wont tell on Sharon because she will spill everything.

Wouldn't this be Sharon's opportunity to prove to the others that Brian is hostile to her?

• Advertisement

JillyQ wrote: »

She's very stubborn and strong minded, but I'm guessing it's simply because she is young and idealistic. Paudge is much more world weary and hasn't an idealistic bone in his body, which is why he keeps telling Sharon to steer well clear of McGonagle.

You could argue that Sharon has created a lot of her own problems. She may have been better off to keep her cards close to her chest and just keep an eye on McGonagle, rather than confronting him.

brooke 2 wrote: »
    Wouldn't this be Sharon's opportunity to prove to the others that Brian is hostile to her?

Tricky though, I'm guessing that he is quite popular with some of the others and they might see her as a little upstart fresh into the job and already creating trouble.

syklops wrote: »
    In some ways Id be disappointed if they did do that. You dont have to be a victim to become a hero.

I agree. It is enough that some are already blaming her 'mistakes' on the fact that
    she seems to have returned to work too soon after her violent attack.

Strazdas wrote: »
    Tricky though, I'm guessing that he is quite popular with some of the others and they might see her as a little upstart fresh into the job and already creating trouble.

Seeing how the guy operates, I would not be surprised if he tried to convince the
    others that Sharon had overreacted to some 'innocent' movement of his when she
    used the pepper spray on him! :( After all, McKay and Angela have already remarked
    that Sharon does not seem to be 'feeling herself' lately.

brooke 2 wrote: »
    Seeing how the guy operates, I would not be surprised if he tried to convince the
    others that Sharon had overreacted to some 'innocent' movement of his when she
    used the pepper spray on him! :( After all, McKay and Angela have already remarked
    that Sharon does not seem to be 'feeling herself' lately.

Yes, and don't forget Brian is probably at the station for years. Of course they're going to believe him over her.....he's very cunning and manipulative, but seemingly very charming on the outside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Would Sharon not start carrying a wee recording device around with her to record his bs? :P

I like the baddie aspect of ut, but at the same time I want her to one up him!

Strazdas wrote: »
    She's very stubborn and strong minded, but I'm guessing it's simply because she is young and idealistic. Paudge is much more world weary and hasn't an idealistic bone in his body, which is why he keeps telling Sharon to steer well clear of McGonagle.

You could argue that Sharon has created a lot of her own problems. She may have been better off to keep her cards close to her chest and just keep an eye on McGonagle, rather than confronting him.

I agree with the above she is very idealistic & clearly believes things are black & white, & will fight for that. I hope paudge starts to show some strength of character soon, & starts to help her against McGonagle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Caught up on last weeks episodes,
    hate McGonagle!! Hate him more than Joffery in GOT.
    Sharon should have laced him with pepper spray.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

We need more of Paudge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭Deathwish4

Deathwish4 wrote: »
    Hodgepodge of dislikeable characters, poor story-lines and questionable acting.

I'd like to withdraw the above statement. Red Rock has picked up immensely and is very entertaining.

Maybe Im spolied with Coronation Streets 5 episodes a week - though Coronation Street hasnt spoiled me in content for quite some time, but I really wish they would either spread the episodes out a bit, or add a third episode a week. If feels very long from Thursday to Wednesday.

Deathwish4 wrote: »
    I'd like to withdraw the above statement. Red Rock has picked up immensely and is very entertaining.

It was like that from the outset :D

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Adrian4

Think that this bullying stuff is very realistic.

The isolation & nastiness of it all.

Hope Sharon turns the tables on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

I saw Garda Sean Holden in town yesterday. May have stared a little bit - partly because he's gorgeous, partly because I was trying to work out why he looked familiar! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

I have an awful longing for a HB twister. Thanks Podge.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Why doesn't she just secretly record a conversation with him.

What are the chances that Brian and Claire will try to foster little baby Emily and her siblings and then find out that Claire is pregnant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

That bullying by Brian to Sharon is uncomfortable for me watching,imagine what its like for the bullied? Her colleagues having doubts about her is hard to take too.

Dont know if how they can hold it together suffering all that abuse.Dont think I would.Hope he gets caught.

I was watching this show for some time and I was unenthusiastic about it before, but its growing on me slightly.

jimmyw wrote: »
    That bullying by Brian to Sharon is uncomfortable for me watching,imagine what its like for the bullied? Her colleagues having doubts about her is hard to take too.

Dont know if how they can hold it together suffering all that abuse.Dont think I would.Hope he gets caught.

I was watching this show for some time and I was unenthusiastic about it before, but its growing on me slightly.

McGonigle is a really nasty piece of work. He actually assaulted Sharon this evening when he slammed the locker door shut on her hand.

"Sure, after you have bought the present, dry cleaned the suit, and paid for the gargle, you would'nt have much change from €100".:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭TOMs WIFE

cofy wrote: »
    What are the chances that Brian and Claire will try to foster little baby Emily and her siblings and then find out that Claire is pregnant.

I hope not. I think McGonigle has enough on his hands.

Unless you meant James. :D

:oOh what a mistake to make:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

"Sure, after you have bought the present, dry cleaned the suit, and paid for the gargle, you would'nt have much change from €100".:D:D:D

That whole scene was great. We've been missing Paudge's words of wisdom recently...

Enjoyed tonight's a lot more than I thought I would given the Gardaí taking a bit of a backseat in order for the Kiely/Hennessy drama to progress. Patricia's disdain for Claire's colleague when he showed up on the bike was brilliant.

I wonder will Seán, Adrijan, Angela or McKay cop on to that there's something going on with Sharon and McGonigle. Some of it's happening right under their noses - McGonigle's bound to slip up sooner or later. Angela and McKay probably won't find out because if they did, that's the storyline over with, but I wonder if Seán or Adrijan found out would they speak up or keep quiet like Paudge has been.

That whole scene was great. We've been missing Paudge's words of wisdom recently...

Enjoyed tonight's a lot more than I thought I would given the Gardaí taking a bit of a backseat in order for the Kiely/Hennessy drama to progress. Patricia's disdain for Claire's colleague when he showed up on the bike was brilliant.

I wonder will Seán, Adrijan, Angela or McKay cop on to that there's something going on with Sharon and McGonigle. Some of it's happening right under their noses - McGonigle's bound to slip up sooner or later. Angela and McKay probably won't find out because if they did, that's the storyline over with, but I wonder if Seán or Adrijan found out would they speak up or keep quiet like Paudge has been.

I think sean is already starting to cop it but maybe a bit to preoccupied to really start to take any notice.

• Advertisement

That's Paudge all over, isn't it? He's absolutely obsessed with money and the only thing that comes into his mind when he receives a wedding invitation is how much the whole thing is going to cost him :D

Advertisement