Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RED ROCK [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Strazdas it's about the second thing most people think:D. The line "gettin a wedding invitation is the same thing as gettin a bill" was brilliant too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,115 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

cofy wrote: »
    Strazdas it's about the second thing most people think:D. The line "gettin a wedding invitation is the same thing as gettin a bill" was brilliant too.

I love his cynicism and world weariness, it's like he has lived ten lives already :D

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Jadaol

Wouldn't be a huge red rock fan or know all the characters by name, but Claire is the Solicitor yes?

Did nobody tell the writers that solicitors are not allowed sit in during questioning in Ireland?

Major feck up there lads!

Couldn't believe this when you said it. Seemed unbelievable but you were right that used to be the case. Did a search. It was changed to allow a solicitor when requested by the detainee in early 2014

http://m.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/new-right-to-keep-solicitor-present-during-questioning-is-vital-protection-for-citizens-30284578.html

Can't believe this used to be the case. Such an obvious no no

Jadaol wrote: »
    Couldn't believe this when you said it. Seemed unbelievable but you were right that used to be the case. Did a search. It was changed to allow a solicitor when requested by the detainee in early 2014

http://m.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/new-right-to-keep-solicitor-present-during-questioning-is-vital-protection-for-citizens-30284578.html

Can't believe this used to be the case. Such an obvious no no

It's surprising that this did not get more publicity. "Every day is a school day":D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

It's actually still not yet a "thing" that solicitors can sit in on Garda questioning. It's likely to become one soon thanks to that 2014 case!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

It's actually still not yet a "thing" that solicitors can sit in on Garda questioning. It's likely to become one soon thanks to that 2014 case!

Notwithstanding that it isn't legislated for yet (has to be by 2016), it is already practice:

From other media:

"In May 2014, the Director of Public Prosecutions issued a direction to the Gardaí that if a suspect in Garda custody requests their solicitor to be present, then this request should be granted. The Department of Justice and Equality informed the Law Society, the ruling body for solicitors, that solicitors may now advise clients in person during Garda interviews."

Citizens information also confirms this:

"You have a right to have your solicitor in the room with you while you are being interviewed."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Can a solicitor represent their brother? Especially if their husband is the superintendent in a station where the investigation is being carried out???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

desbrook wrote: »
    Can a solicitor represent their brother? Especially if their husband is the superintendent in a station where the investigation is being carried out???

Going by all the US TV shows that have brothers representing sisters, fathers representing sons, etc. etc. I'd say it's quite likely that they can, but I'm probably wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,217 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

that's just weird....

• Advertisement

fr336 that is funny, it's nice to see the people behind the scenes too.

Carnacalla wrote: »
    that's just weird....

It was a goodbye video to the creator and showrunner of Red Rock who is leaving. He started this time last year on it so guess he just wanted to set it up then do other things. Thought people might be vaguely interested :P

Btw, I hadn't realised quite how easy on the eye that Niamh one is :o

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭TOMs WIFE

Wouldn't be a huge red rock fan or know all the characters by name, but Claire is the Solicitor yes?

Did nobody tell the writers that solicitors are not allowed sit in during questioning in Ireland?

Major feck up there lads!

So, Bruce Stale Carp, did the writers feck up or did you? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,217 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

That was a great episode!

McGonigle: "Don't you ever call me a thief again!'
    Sharon: " Why, what would you prefer? Paedophile?"

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Fair play to Sharon- she's got some nerve!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Carnacalla wrote: »
    That was a great episode!

McGonigle: "Don't you ever call me a thief again!'
    Sharon: " Why, what would you prefer? Paedophile?"

Sharon's got great courage - or something!! She would really need to get someone
    on her side. She is isolated at the moment as McGonagle continues to bully her.
    Shades of a real life bully about whom we have heard too much in the media recently!!
    :(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I'm still loving that we're getting to know the characters bit by bit. McKay, Vincent Kiely and Angela & Tommy have all grown on me a bit more this week - up until now they had just kind of been there, but now I feel like I know them a little bit more. It was great to see McKay advising Michael about Mount Joy and also seeing him off duty. Vincent's scenes with Katie were brilliant and I love the dynamic between Tommy & Angela - hopefully we'll find out more about how their marriage began falling apart.

And also good to see Nikki joining Paudge and Seán as a comedy relief type character.

Personally I dislike McKay the more we get to see him. He's really a Hennessey - he just controls it more.

"If you lay down with dogs you get up with fleas "

I get the feeling that Angela is putting so much into getting her marriage back on track that she is ignoring symptoms of illness (hope I am wrong here).

Tonight started so devastating with Angela having to relay bad news to a father, you could really see it in his face that he knew any hope was now gone. Then laughed at the prank played on Sean with the stool and mic, great that someone other than Podge delivering comedy.

It was good to see a more human side to Claire tonight.

• Advertisement

I'm still loving that we're getting to know the characters bit by bit. McKay, Vincent Kiely and Angela & Tommy have all grown on me a bit more this week - up until now they had just kind of been there, but now I feel like I know them a little bit more. It was great to see McKay advising Michael about Mount Joy and also seeing him off duty. Vincent's scenes with Katie were brilliant and I love the dynamic between Tommy & Angela - hopefully we'll find out more about how their marriage began falling apart.

And also good to see Nikki joining Paudge and Seán as a comedy relief type character.

There's actually quite a bit of depth to Vincent. He's obviously rough around the edges but you can see that he is a thinker and even seems to have a sensitive side.

Anyone think it was a bit rich of Claire to slag the pub's decor when her mother's place seems a far worse kip?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

Strazdas wrote: »
    There's actually quite a bit of depth to Vincent. He's obviously rough around the edges but you can see that he is a thinker and even seems to have a sensitive side.
    He comes out with some good one liners as well like telling jesus " there is no room in this inn "

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Just got caught up on Red Rock from the last two wks. It's getting better and better! Sharon has balls of steel!

jjf1974 wrote: »
    He comes out with some good one liners as well like telling jesus " there is no room in this inn "

That made laugh alright, he's a typical Dub :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

Just starting watching recently. Great show, a million miles ahead of FC.

Spotted another link to Glenroe in the cast also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Radio5 wrote: »
    Just starting watching recently. Great show, a million miles ahead of FC.

Spotted another link to Glenroe in the cast also.

Is there two former Glenroe cast members?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

Cathy Belton who plays Mrs.Hennessy, was in Glenroe. Her character was married to Mario (Gift Grub) Rosenstock's character, can't remember their names.

Liam Carney was Kevin in Glenroe, married to Michelle who worked in the pub. His Red Rock character is married to a Garda, Angela, I think her name is, her friend's body was found in last week's episodes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Cathy Belton who plays Mrs.Hennessy, was in Glenroe. Her character was married to Mario (Gift Grub) Rosenstock's character, can't remember their names.

Liam Carney was Kevin in Glenroe, married to Michelle who worked in the pub. His Red Rock character is married to a Garda, Angela, I think her name is, her friend's body was found in last week's episodes.

Correct you there Cathy Belton wasn't married to Mario Rosenstock, that was Fidelma who had a roll in the hay with Miley.
    Cathy Belton was a vet in it and married to the chap who danced around the pint in the Guiness ad about 20 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

I knew about Cathy alright, had forgotten about the the other guy.

Advertisement