Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RED ROCK [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

desbrook wrote: »
    That the kiss was platonic - " nawthing init "

Weak willed idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭beyondbelief67

Ah I really thought he was going to go back in and say no ut hadn't been innocent !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

I know the storyline is at the mercy of the writers but I'd wish Sharon would secretly record McGonigle

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

JillyQ wrote: »
    Weak willed idiot.

I expected no better from him. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Croatian lad will bring down MCC.

• Advertisement

JustTheOne wrote: »

Anyone think he saw something on the computer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Ah Podge, I'm so dissappointed I've lost my craving for HB twisters.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭hopgirl

JillyQ wrote: »
    Anyone think he saw something on the computer?

I really hope so because he seems to act different to everyone else when MCC was saying what went on. He knows everything that has been going on with Sharon is very unlike her.

Paudge is meant to be her friend, he knows what she is saying is true but yet too weak to stand up for her. I use to like him but not anymore :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭moaningmyrtle

What an episode!! Was shouting at the TV..... ah Podge you've me heart broken !! Great show, totally addicted ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,286 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Would be great if Adrijan had a copy of the recording and gave it to a tabloid newspaper instead of the Gardaí, it would destroy McGonigles career even more, he would be publically shamed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

I knew Paudge was not going to back her up, he is pathetic and has no backbone, the gobdaw:( .I do know too if you have someone who subtly intimidates you before you go before a court/ tribunal, then you might feel like not rocking the boat but if you were to rely on him in court for instance, you're goosed.

To think that not any of the others, even Angela, don't believe Sharon is shocking too.I suppose too the longer one is at a workplace and then a newcomer is not going to have much support maybe.

How long is Sharon supposed to be there anyway I wonder?

I really felt sorry for her tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

What's really clear about all our posts in the last two days is that we are really believing in the characters and engaging with the storyline. Well done writers !!

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭TOMs WIFE

Last 2 episodes have blown me away. Superb acting from Sharon/McGonigle actors as with all others too in this quality drama.

Hooked :D

What's really clear about all our posts in the last two days is that we are really believing in the characters and engaging with the storyline. Well done writers !!

The storyline that had me in tears was the "Blueray" one. Where he sang Molly Molone with his mother. The next story that almost brought me to that was when Angela was conveying news to the father of a missing girl.

My comment about Podge was a bit light hearted, but really I was like moaningmyrtle shouting at the TV for Podge to tell the truth.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I wasn't really interested in all the Kiely/Hennessy feud stuff and had pretty much given up on Red Rock until this whole storyline with McGonigle.
    He's so nasty- it's great acting, because he's believably smarmy and smug. Gives me the creeps when he gloatingly grins at Sharon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

This week's episodes have been absolutely fantastic, real nail biting stuff.

So McGonigle always seems to be one step ahead of Sharon.

Im raging, but not surprised at Paudge.

I think the youngwan McGonigle is fooling around with will end up getting pregnant.

Any other thoughts on what could happen next?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Posy wrote: »
    I wasn't really interested in all the Kiely/Hennessy feud stuff and had pretty much given up on Red Rock until this whole storyline with McGonigle.
    He's so nasty- it's great acting, because he's believably smarmy and smug. Gives me the creeps when he gloatingly grins at Sharon.

I know McGonigle is only an actor but I still want to punch his lights out if I met him in real life.
    He is the worst villain(as in the lowest of the low to make someone's life hell) in a soap.
    Makes Nick Cotton, Richard Hillman, Billy Meehan look like choir boys.

I don't think Sharon will be able to go back when it all eventually comes out about MCC. If she does it be hard as no one believed her and no one stood up for her not even her coward partner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

There's been a couple of times this week where I forgot that it's not actually real and I was shoutin' at the telly box!

There's a I Can't Believe It's Not Butter joke in there somewhere...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,115 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

JustTheOne wrote: »

Adrijan is very intelligent and has his head screwed on. It wouldn't surprise me if he's the one who clears Sharon's name.

• Advertisement

jimmyw wrote: »
    I knew Paudge was not going to back her up, he is pathetic and has no backbone, the gobdaw:( .I do know too if you have someone who subtly intimidates you before you go before a court/ tribunal, then you might feel like not rocking the boat but if you were to rely on him in court for instance, you're goosed.

To think that not any of the others, even Angela, don't believe Sharon is shocking too.I suppose too the longer one is at a workplace and then a newcomer is not going to have much support maybe.

How long is Sharon supposed to be there anyway I wonder?

I really felt sorry for her tonight.

Paudge just wants to keep his head down and to have a quiet life. In a way, I can almost see it from his point of view....he didn't want to be seen by everyone at the Garda station as the one who took McGonigle down and ended his career in the force. His wimping out was actually believable.

I'm sure I heard somewhere that Sharon was only six months into the job when we first saw her in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

Absolutely loving Red Rock at the moment. Truly gripping stuff. Re whats going to happen next:- Remember lads & lasses, This IS a soap! The baddie WILL be caught. (McG). The goodie WILL be exonerated (Sharon). The wishy-washy (Podge) will either see the error of his ways or be forced to see the error of his ways. Either way, it'll all work out right in the end!

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Guys have we any idea what the viewing figures are like?? ( FAB episode tonight!! )

According to the folks at the tabloids and the gossip sites, the viewing figures are Not Good.

But I'd say these people much, MUCH prefer Fair Bl00dy City. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

http://www.goss.ie/2015/03/tv3s-soap-red-rock-still-losing-viewers-consistently-as-station-axes-two-shows/

Strazdas wrote: »
    Paudge just wants to keep his head down and to have a quiet life. In a way, I can almost see it from his point of view....he didn't want to be seen by everyone at the Garda station as the one who took McGonigle down and ended his career in the force. His wimping out was actually believable.

I'm sure I heard somewhere that Sharon was only six months into the job when we first saw her in January.

She did seem fairly new to the job see everything in black and white and very innocent. I say too it could be the first job she was in as well.

hopgirl wrote: »
    She did seem fairly new to the job see everything in black and white and very innocent. I say too it could be the first job she was in as well.

Paudge's advice to her was actually excellent. He told her to tread very carefully with McGonigle and that he would fight back if he was challenged. She made a huge mistake in thinking she could confront him with the evidence, perhaps her ego got in the way (even though she was totally convinced she was doing the "right" thing).

Strazdas wrote: »
    Paudge's advice to her was actually excellent. He told her to tread very carefully with McGonigle and that he would fight back if he was challenged. She made a huge mistake in thinking she could confront him with the evidence, perhaps her ego got in the way (even though she was totally convinced she was doing the "right" thing).

I don't disagree with his advice he knows McGonigle, probably has worked with him for long enough and especially after the beating. He knew he just wouldn't let it go the more she pushed the more he would do everything he could. She didn't give herself time to think it all through wanted to grab the bull by the horns. In away don't all new guards want to make their mark, whereas older guards like paudge will look at the situation before they do anything down to experience. One has to be tactical against a person like McGonigle.

Only thing when he had the chance to speak up he didn't but McGonigle made sure he had a word with him.

hopgirl wrote: »
    I don't disagree with his advice he knows McGonigle, probably has worked with him for long enough and especially after the beating. He knew he just wouldn't let it go the more she pushed the more he would do everything he could. She didn't give herself time to think it all through wanted to grab the bull by the horns. In away don't all new guards want to make their mark, whereas older guards like paudge will look at the situation before they do anything down to experience. One has to be tactical against a person like McGonigle.

Only thing when he had the chance to speak up he didn't but McGonigle made sure he had a word with him.

You could see the total difference in their two personalities. Paudge is cynical and world weary while Sharon is young and naive and very idealistic, thinking she can change the world. Paudge knew enough of McGonigle though to know that he would fight back and not let some new recruit walk all over him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Is McKay a little bit slow? So there was vdeo evidence. Where did it come from? A filling station you say, right lets go look see if they still have it. No? Ok.

Who was the blonde one in the office with them? She was feckin useless. They have established McGonagle gave your one a "friendly" kiss, but she isnt asking are married Police sergeants in the habit of giving friendly kisses to underage teen girls?

Either Sharon goes back to the filling station, gets the video and uploads it to YouTube or Adrijan does some detective work and finds the video. Otherwise, I can't see how she will be exonerated.

Isn't it great how we are wondering what will happen? If this was coronation street we would know what was going to happen 6 months in advance.

Was that Fr Damo who was the Elvis impersonator?

• Advertisement

syklops wrote: »
    Is McKay a little bit slow? So there was vdeo evidence. Where did it come from? A filling station you say, right lets go look see if they still have it. No? Ok.

Who was the blonde one in the office with them? She was feckin useless. They have established McGonagle gave your one a "friendly" kiss, but she isnt asking are married Police sergeants in the habit of giving friendly kisses to underage teen girls?

Either Sharon goes back to the filling station, gets the video and uploads it to YouTube or Adrijan does some detective work and finds the video. Otherwise, I can't see how she will be exonerated.

Isn't it great how we are wondering what will happen? If this was coronation street we would know what was going to happen 6 months in advance.

Was that Fr Damo who was the Elvis impersonator?

I think Adrijan already has been doing a bit of detective work on it.

Advertisement