Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RED ROCK [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,287 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

fr336 wrote: »
    Red Rock should just make Irish versions of loads of Bill characters it'd be some mad craic :cool: Can you imagine McKay being corrupt and ending up shooting himself? That's how The Bill rolled :cool:

Yes but he's so bad he's good :D.

It would be like when Billy was killed in Fair City if he was gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Not a lot happened in last nights episode, other than Rachel Reid getting jarred on Vodka.
    Her sister is cute I must say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,118 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

STIG83 wrote: »
    Not a lot happened in last nights episode, other than Rachel Reid getting jarred on Vodka.
    Her sister is cute I must say.

And McGonigle trying to portray himself as a "victim" to McKay and Angela :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I wonder what Sean will do now after witnessing Rachel's drunken display.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

kitten_k wrote: »
    He doesn't report it anyway, I was reading some spoilers on it this morning and Rachel goes missing and the search is on for her and her dad comes into the station and makes a formal complaint to McKay about it and said he def thinks there is something going on and tells McKay about her been drunk outside the station and looking for Brian ect and McKay seems surprised by it all, and said its the first he has heard about it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

kitten_k wrote: »

I can't see Sean doing anything. Detective material, the episode had already established Sean is not. He trusts and believes McG. He will just put it down to a drunken teenager and will never put 2 and 2 together.

They're not very good at addition in that station.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

messrs wrote: »
    He doesn't report it anyway, I was reading some spoilers on it this morning and Rachel goes missing and the search is on for her and her dad comes into the station and makes a formal complaint to McKay about it and said he def thinks there is something going on and tells McKay about her been drunk outside the station and looking for Brian ect and McKay seems surprised by it all, and said its the first he has heard about it

Why is McKay being so dense? As said already, they are not very good at addition in that station!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

brooke 2 wrote: »
    Why is McKay being so dense? As said already, they are not very good at addition in that station!!

he is quiet naïve with it all, but in fairness in this particular instance he wasn't at work when it happened and no one told him about it so he wouldn't really have any way of knowing - but as for the rest of it ....... I do think he is picking up on something been not quiet right with Brian, and as well last night when Angela asked Brian about how his wife was taking it - she seemed very surprised that he hadn't told his wife anything - so maybe she is starting to suspect things to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I had a fair bit to say about the most recent lot of episodes. Cracking stuff all around, so I felt it was about time to do another Red Rock blog post... https://thesoappundit.wordpress.com/2015/04/25/rachel-reid-goes-missing-as-the-plot-thickens-on-red-rock/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Really enjoying Red Rock more and more. :)
    I have to say, it's nice to have a soap to watch that hasn't got 26 episodes a week!

• Advertisement

Posy wrote: »
    Really enjoying Red Rock more and more. :)
    I have to say, it's nice to have a soap to watch that hasn't got 26 episodes a week!

A few more would be nice though. Maybe Monday Wednesday and Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭TOMs WIFE

syklops wrote: »
    A few more would be nice though. Maybe Monday Wednesday and Friday?

Or Monday, Tuesday and Friday :P

(As well as Wednesday and Thursday as normal)

Oh no, I have enough of 5 day a week soaps!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Keep it as it is, some guaranteed quality

Posy wrote: »
    Oh no, I have enough of 5 day a week soaps!

Which soaps are 5 days a week?
    Keep it as it is, some guaranteed quality

The only guarantees in this life are death and taxes.

I would really like them to move the Wednesday episode to a tuesday, or add an additional episode, so there is 3 a week. That would bring it up to just over 60 minutes of content a week which is not a lot. Either way, having six days between episodes is not ideal.

The only guarantees in this life are death and taxes.

Er..ok lol. Adding extra episodes is rather more likely to result in a loss in quality that maintaining two.

Er..ok lol. Adding extra episodes is rather more likely to result in a loss in quality that maintaining two.

How do you figure? Adding one additional 22 minute episode per week? Do you think they are going to run out of plot ideas?

Which soaps are 5 days a week?
    Emmerdale is the only one I watch consistently and that's five days a week. I'm pretty sure the Australian soaps, Neighbours and Home and Away are still five days a week because I used to look at them.
    Eastenders is four nights a week and Coronation Street is five episodes a week.

How do you figure? Adding one additional 22 minute episode per week? Do you think they are going to run out of plot ideas?

No, but if we're going to be pedantic adding 22 minutes or even one potentially leads to less quality. Sorry for daring to have a different view.

I agree with you, fr336. I'd rather stick with 2 good episodes a week rather than have a potential decline.

• Advertisement

No, but if we're going to be pedantic adding 22 minutes or even one potentially leads to less quality.

Fair enough.
    Sorry for daring to have a different view.

Ah for feck sake, there is no need to be like that. All I said was how do you figure, I never once suggested it was wrong to have a different opinion.

Of course I am not in favour of a drop in quality. I just don't see how increasing the frequency of episodes per week by one would cause a drop in quality. As I have said repeatedly, I would be happy if instead they moved the Wednesday episode to a tuesday so as to spread them out.

Fair enough.

Ah for feck sake, there is no need to be like that. All I said was how do you figure, I never once suggested it was wrong to have a different opinion.

Of course I am not in favour of a drop in quality. I just don't see how increasing the frequency of episodes per week by one would cause a drop in quality. As I have said repeatedly, I would be happy if instead they moved the Wednesday episode to a tuesday so as to spread them out.

Sorry, I apologise.

I prefer two episodes a week- but would much prefer Tuesday and Thursday.

If anyone involved in Red Rock reads this thread, I think they should be pretty happy that people's main complaint so far is wanting more episodes and that posters are hoping the quality doesn't diminish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

TBH, I dont really care about the feud between the Kielys and the Hennessys. Maybe it will get better, but I like the story with Sharon/Brian etc...

I also would like to know what's the story with Angela and.....whatever his name is,. ....the taxi driver husband/partner/divorcee.

I watched this show from the start and I was a bit underwhelmed, but for the last good few episodes, its improved by a large amount.

FC, shape up or get off the air, actually get rid anyway:p

*goes and hides under the table*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

Didn't Brian say he is hardly sleeping and his wife is worried when he sat down with McKay and Angela then on the stairs with Angela before Brian went on his mobile he told Angela he hasn't told his wife what's going on.... I think McKay has his doubt's about Brian's stories

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,118 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

jjll wrote: »
    Didn't Brian say he is hardly sleeping and his wife is worried when he sat down with McKay and Angela then on the stairs with Angela before Brian went on his mobile he told Angela he hasn't told his wife what's going on.... I think McKay has his doubt's about Brian's stories

Both McKay and Angela are suspicious of Brian but they can't pin anything on him at the moment.....they definitely look sceptical though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,287 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I hope Paudge doesn't let that discarded alcohol go to waste.

Is there not a smaller cap for Sharon, its nearly down over her eyes.She will fall on her face (is there any other way to fall? :P) one of these times:D

I suppose them caps are predominantly aimed for men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

jimmyw wrote: »
    Is there not a smaller cap for Sharon, its nearly down over her eyes.She will fall on her face (is there any other way to fall? :P) one of these times:D

I suppose them caps are predominantly aimed for men.

Don't worry about Sharon, if she falls, she has some fine examples of cushioning so her face shouldn't hit the ground...........................! :D

Does the character have a family/boyfriend that have been shown?? She is very pretty when she smiles.

• Advertisement

Don't worry about Sharon, if she falls, she has some fine examples of cushioning so her face shouldn't hit the ground...........................! :D

Does the character have a family/boyfriend that have been shown?? She is very pretty when she smiles.

:eek:, dear oh dear.I am off to say a prayer to save you,from your evil thoughts............:D

Advertisement