Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RED ROCK [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,709 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'd rather see a new superintendent come on to the show to replace McKay than for one of the existing cast to be promoted to his old role, just think it will bring more variety to it having someone new.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,272 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I'd rather see a new superintendent come on to the show to replace McKay than for one of the existing cast to be promoted to his old role, just think it will bring more variety to it having someone new.

There's only one man for the job : Brian McGonigle :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

everytime i give this programme a chance it just does my head in the whole "i'm a hennessy, hes a hennessy, shes a hennessy, hes a kiely, shes a kiely, im a kiely" waffle.... Its a decent acted programme, filmed well but i just cant stand this "family matriarch sh#te"!

In my primary school, there was me and a kid from Switzerland who werent related to everyone else in the class and most of the rest of the school.

There were 5 kielys, its now 4. There is 4 Hennesey's. Its hardly Roots is it?

Edit: and now there is one half Hennessey, half Kiely.

M

Strazdas wrote: »
    There's only one man for the job : Brian McGonigle :D

That would be some plot twist :D

That would be some plot twist :D

It would be epic :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

syklops wrote: »
    In my primary school, there was me and a kid from Switzerland who werent related to everyone else in the class and most of the rest of the school.

There were 5 kielys, its now 4. There is 4 Hennesey's. Its hardly Roots is it?

sorry, what????

sorry, what????

You said:
    everytime i give this programme a chance it just does my head in the whole "i'm a hennessy, hes a hennessy, shes a hennessy, hes a kiely, shes a kiely, im a kiely" waffle.... Its a decent acted programme, filmed well but i just cant stand this "family matriarch sh#te"!

I was pointing out there are 5 Kielys and 4 Henneseys. Its really not that difficult to keep track of, surely?

You said:

I was pointing out there are 5 Kielys and 4 Henneseys. Its really not that difficult to keep track of, surely?

i'm not on about the amount of them or the popularity of the name., i'm just saying the script is irritating in that both families act like they are the only two families in the town. Both seem utterly obsessed with one another.

i'm not on about the amount of them or the popularity of the name., i'm just saying the script is irritating in that both families act like they are the only two families in the town. Both seem utterly obsessed with one another.

Well you know why don't you?

Well you know why don't you?

thanks for the lesson. But I don't think you get my point! I am on about the construct of the dialogue wherein they refer to the other family name constantly. The Capulets and the Montagues this is not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

The House of Love?
    The Big Bow Wow?
    The Dinner Party?
    The English Class?
    Even the All-Ireland Talent Show or the Republic of Telly?

;););););)

The Great Irish Bake Off ... cringe!

thanks for the lesson. But I don't think you get my point! I am on about the construct of the dialogue wherein they refer to the other family name constantly. The Capulets and the Montagues this is not.

Well you are entitled to your opinion. If you don't like it, don't watch it. You don't see me in the Fair City thread complaining about the construct of dialogue.

M

Deleted scene from tonights episode posted by Red Rock Twitter machine https://twitter.com/RedRockTV3...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU-l-RvF7QI&feature=youtu.be

Interview with Richard Flood :

http://www.irishmirror.ie/whats-on/film-and-tv/i-always-knew-would-die-7093723#rlabs=1%20rt$category%20p$1

He says that as he lives in Italy with his wife and son, the plan was only ever to do one year as McKay and then quit for good but that none of the cast were ever aware of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Midnight Sundance

Will paudge come clean now that Mckay is dead?

I think I read something to the effect that he does do, yes (lying at this stage would make things a million times worse for himself)

Interview with Richard Flood :

http://www.irishmirror.ie/whats-on/film-and-tv/i-always-knew-would-die-7093723#rlabs=1%20rt$category%20p$1

He says that as he lives in Italy with his wife and son, the plan was only ever to do one year as McKay and then quit for good but that none of the cast were ever aware of this.

Dick Flood......always unpredictable....you never know whether he is cumming or going!

Hard one to call. He could let on to Nikki that he's been a double agent all this time. Or even that he was a spy sent in by McKay originally. Nikki warned McKay about keeping above board and she suspected she wasn't getting the full truth.

Hard one to call. He could let on to Nikki that he's been a double agent all this time. Or even that he was a spy sent in by McKay originally. Nikki warned McKay about keeping above board and she suspected she wasn't getting the full truth.

Very risky to lie to investigators during a murder probe though. Paudge's involvement in an insurance fraud and being blackmailed by Beady are in the ha'penny place compared to what has just gone down. If all of this was uncovered and detectives realised he had lied to them and hindered the murder investigation just to save his own skin, he would be in massive trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Another head to head with FC tonight. Lets vote - who's watching which live ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I don't watch anything live, but I'll be watching Red Rock at some stage tonight. I couldn't sit through an episode of Fair City because of how utterly, utterly terrible it is. :pac:

Last night's episode was great. I was shrieking "GET THE FECK AWAY FROM PAUDGE" when poor McKay was dying alone. So sad. :(

Its on tonight?!?

Freaking brilliant!

Speaking spoilers. I was dipping into this thread after the episode, and had not seen it yet and decided to watch it on the TV3 player. I go to the TV3 player and on the frontpage it says:
    Expose: McKay dies in Red Rock

Shower of b*stards!

I wouldnt mind if it was a few days after the episode, but it was the same night.

M

banoffe2 wrote: »
    Didn't get to see it did away anything we didn't already know?

Catchup episode on again tomorrow at 5pm on 3e.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

Red Rock Rocks! Sublime TV.

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭prodsc

Well that was brilliant...well done ALL.

Kleenexarama here!!!

Mammy I'm done lying.

• Advertisement
    M

At least we know who did it, it's not a Who Shot JR gig. Now to get that fly out of my eye ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭vg88

Looks like Brians back :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭jeoun

Excellent episode and looks like we are in for a thrilling 2016!!

Red Rock put all the other soaps to shame in 2015!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

moloner4 wrote: »
    Looks like Brians back :D

Really?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭vg88

fr336 wrote: »
    Really?
    I can't post the link but in the trailer he's there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

https://twitter.com/GarethPhilips/status/682667306204409858

M

At 1.25 he's back alright, doesn't appear to be Garda uniform though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭prodsc

Court case perhaps!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

McGongiigal back for more action (pardon the pun)

fr336 wrote: »

Just when you thought the show couldn't get any better :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Im in bits after the two episodes this week! 2016 is going to be better I think. I am still very sad about McKay leaving though.

SarahBM wrote: »
    Im in bits after the two episodes this week! 2016 is going to be better I think. I am still very sad about McKay leaving though.

He does say that he was only ever going to do one year on the show though and then quit for good, so it's not as if they let him slip through their fingers or mistakenly axed him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Wonder is something going to happen between Sharon and west life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

When mackay was meeting with his now "
    killer
    ",in previous episodes he met with him once in a Mondeo car,presumably to be undercover,and other times in his Saab when he was killed.

I used to have one of those Saabs in the same colour as well. When I see it, I get jealous of him. I wonder if Claire might sell it to me now I wonder?

Yeah I am totally heartless:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

jimmyw wrote: »
    killer
    ",in previous episodes he met with him once in a Mondeo car,presumably to be undercover,and other times in his Saab when he was killed.

I used to have one of those Saabs in the same colour as well. When I see it, I get jealous of him. I wonder if Claire might sell it to me now I wonder?

She's a solicitor so will be equally heartless ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,369 ✭✭✭.red.

Who was the woman in the interview room with Rory? Was she a nobody thrown into the clip to show his darker side or did i just not recognise her?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Just after catching up on this week now. So well done - absolutely brilliant. Got me right in the feels.

Red Rock just tweeted:

CXuv5-eWQAAcUzj.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

jimmyw wrote: »
    killer

I have same car.
    Some great television lately. Red Rock really is very good. My favourite character is Paudge.

M

I see Cathy Belton (Patricia Hennessy) does the VO for At Your Service on RTÉ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,628 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I see Cathy Belton (Patricia Hennessy) does the VO for At Your Service on RTÉ.
    And Rachel (who led poor Sgt. McGonigal astray) also features in Rebellion.

Bit dizzying the way the same smallish pool of actors keep appearing in Irish series!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭leche solara

McKay is the first ever Garda Superintendent to be murdered in the history of the state. This should be huge news and draw massive attention from media, the Commissioner and Government. Would be on a par with Veronica Guerin murder. Will the script reflect this or will we just see a funeral with the main police characters and a few extras thrown in to make it look like there was a decent turnout. For realism it needs to be huge!

McKay is the first ever Garda Superintendent to be murdered in the history of the state. This should be huge news and draw massive attention from media, the Commissioner and Government. Would be on a par with Veronica Guerin murder. Will the script reflect this or will we just see a funeral with the main police characters and a few extras thrown in to make it look like there was a decent turnout. For realism it needs to be huge!

Yes, I was thinking that myself. Not sure how they can get around that, maybe just allude to the idea it's attracting huge press attention without showing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,628 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Yes, I was thinking that myself. Not sure how they can get around that, maybe just allude to the idea it's attracting huge press attention without showing it.
    It's telly. And it's a soap.

If that was the only inaccuracy about the programme, it'd be in flipping Oscar-winning territory!

I've had to suspend my disbelief about a lot of it, because it makes for very entertaining midweek viewing - but authentic it most certainly is not!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Sorry I know this thread is about a fictional character but McKay is NOT the first Garda Superintendent to be murdered in the history of the State.Supt John Curtain was murdered in Co.Tipperary in 1930.McKay may be the first fictional Super to be murdered on Irish TV. Sorry can't provide link as laptop playing up!

Advertisement