Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RED ROCK [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

fr336 wrote: »
    Well it's got a 2 year contract but I guess there would be a break clause in that in the event of it performing too badly. It deserves to batter Fair City from what I've ever seen / heard of FC (A joke by all accounts)

Fair City is not in the same league as Red Rock, IMHO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Not a big soap fan but this is one of the better ones IMO. Fair city is awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Paudge is now gradually redeeming himself after not backing up Sharon's story a few weeks back...

Loved it when he tried to clock Westlife!! Maybe he will eventually
    pluck up the courage to speak up for Sharon - looks like he might
    be getting there! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

I don't watch any soaps, and I only started watching Red Rock because I thought it was going to be a 1 hour weekly drama, and I was a bit disappointed when I heard it was a soap.
    But I don' think that it is fair to lump it in with the likes of Fair City and Eastenders. Its way better than that.
    I am totally hooked.
    Like a previous poster said, word of mouth will be what helps the show grow in popularity. Remember also TV3 can't afford to put in as much advertising as RTE because as far as I am aware (and I am open to correction) they don't get any of the license fee.
    People become very loyal to shows even when the quality gets poor, and I think that is why Fair City is still going. I think it is tripe, after watching an ep with one of the housemates one night, I decided I could be a script writer. The dialogue is just so forced. With Red Rock the script is very natural. But that is just my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Jadaol

SarahBM wrote: »
    I don't watch any soaps, and I only started watching Red Rock because I thought it was going to be a 1 hour weekly drama, and I was a bit disappointed when I heard it was a soap.
    But I don' think that it is fair to lump it in with the likes of Fair City and Eastenders. Its way better than that.
    I am totally hooked.
    Like a previous poster said, word of mouth will be what helps the show grow in popularity. Remember also TV3 can't afford to put in as much advertising as RTE because as far as I am aware (and I am open to correction) they don't get any of the license fee.
    People become very loyal to shows even when the quality gets poor, and I think that is why Fair City is still going. I think it is tripe, after watching an ep with one of the housemates one night, I decided I could be a script writer. The dialogue is just so forced. With Red Rock the script is very natural. But that is just my opinion.

But it's not just your opinion. Mine too :p

• Advertisement

Is there a Red Rock fan club, because I am soooooo there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Is there a Red Rock fan club, because I am soooooo there!

I think you are looking at it.

There are some nice twitter accounts to follow though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

I think Adrian is thinking something not right bout Brian situation.…. Sean needs a thump blinkers on...... Did paudge and Sharon go to wrong caravan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

I was wondering that too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Was thinking the same thing. Thought he was going to find something on the computer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,118 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

jjll wrote: »
    I think Adrian is thinking something not right bout Brian situation.…. Sean needs a thump blinkers on...... Did paudge and Sharon go to wrong caravan

I get the impression that they went to the right caravan but Rachel somehow ended up in another one (maybe she broke into one in case anyone came looking for her)

JillyQ wrote: »
    Link is not working

Works for me. Click here

syklops wrote: »
    Works for me. Click here

Got it there. Looks like a good week ahead onit

Not looking!!! *hides behind hands*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,217 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

I'm sorry I looked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I had already seen it earlier today, but I wish I hadn't read it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Carnacalla wrote: »
    I'm sorry I looked.
    It's ok McGonigle then gets away on a 747 that is passing above :cool:

Major spoiler discussion below, do not look if there's an inkling of doubt please :p
    I am disappointed if that's the end of McGonigle already. I'm loving the potential of the show in general but for a big meaty story this has been on its own so far. I thought they could have done more. Maybe they will and he will somehow talk his way out of it, but not looking likely is it? Maybe one avenue is he escapes from custody and torments Sharon and the Guards in general by becoming a bigtime criminal himself? I am clutching at straws I know :p, I did have an inkling that the actor may just stay for the duration of a short story

• Advertisement

Still keeping my eyes closed 😉

Sorry, I will shut up now :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I can't resist opening the thread every time there's a new post - but I'm squinting at it with one eye closed, and a finger poised on the "back" button just in case!

Would a seperate thread for spoilers be an idea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Might be. I have zero interest in spoilers, I want to see the show fresh on the day - but I love the discussion and banter.

So a separate thread might prevent me (and others like me) seeing unexpected surprises!

No, just spoiler tag them. That way if you don't want to see, don't highlight it.

syklops wrote: »
    No, just spoiler tag them. That way if you don't want to see, don't highlight it.

It feels a bit harsh on those who are tempted though :P I mean there's even a spoiler thread for the likes of X Factor :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

It feels a bit harsh on those who are tempted though :P I mean there's even a spoiler thread for the likes of X Factor :pac:

The other 8 soaps manage without seperate threads for spoilers, don't think it's necessary to start a separate one.

Can't we all just get along like Sharon and McGonagle!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

Can't we all just get along like Sharon and McGonagle!

Oooohh you obviously haven't seen the latest spoilers then....………Joke!

Advertisement