Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RED ROCK [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

RR finishing up June 4 for the Summer.
    Article on the Indo today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,217 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

When will it be back?

Carnacalla wrote: »
    When will it be back?

Didn't say, said it taking a Summer break

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

When will it be back?

They have 80 episodes a year, so 40 weeks a year, which means they'll need a 12 week break at some point. So they might do all 12 weeks during the summer like Ros na Rún does. Or maybe 9/10 weeks break in the summer and 2/3 week break at Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭prodsc

STIG83 wrote: »
    RR finishing up June 4 for the Summer.
    Article on the Indo today.

This might be a mistake taking a break. Will the wrap up the main storylines before the break and start new ones when it resumes? Don't know how soaps work when they take a break!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,118 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

prodsc wrote: »
    This might be a mistake taking a break. Will the wrap up the main storylines before the break and start new ones when it resumes? Don't know how soaps work when they take a break!

I imagine they'll finish it on a cliffhanger and leave everyone guessing.

I think the show can survive a break this year but they may have to look at keeping it going continuously in future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,287 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Loved Paudges explanation of the level investment required when placing a house to rent on the market so it would appeal to people...
    The trick is not to spend too much money doing the place up, just enough to reflect a lifestyle. You could own the biggest kip known to man, but through in a few cushions here and there for the ladies and a fruitbowl and your laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Typical Paudge! :)

brooke 2 wrote: »
    Typical Paudge! :)
    My favourite character in it, anyone know where his accent comes from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

My favourite character in it, anyone know where his accent comes from?

Sounds like the Midlands to me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Sean is turning into a right smarmy git altogether! getting girls phone numbers when he should be asking around about Rachael and being such a git to Sharon as well. I want to punch him in the face.

But Adrian is my hero. I love hime :)

Also, would Sharon not report that the guards put a dead rat/mouse in her locker?

SarahBM wrote: »
    Sean is turning into a right smarmy git altogether! getting girls phone numbers when he should be asking around about Rachael and being such a git to Sharon as well. I want to punch him in the face.

Wait til Westlife is eating that humble pie.
    A toolbag is all he is.

That scene with McGonagle and Rachael. It totally gave me the creeps. Poor Mel when she finds out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Totally immature. He is going to look like a total d-head when Brian falls on his sword at some stage.That bile that came out of him to Sharon was atrocious,

Nice example of a piece keeper:mad: (if in reality;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Also, would Sharon not report that the guards put a dead rat/mouse in her locker?

That was very much a rat.

I suppose she doesnt want to be seen causing trouble or making complaints.

Calling her a rat is nearly a compliment, a rat tells the truth doesn't it?

If I was in her situation, I'd be right outside the office of your man the fella in charge of the station (I'm really bad with names), with the rat in my hand (separated my about 30 tissues).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭GaryTLynch

There's only one person who can help you when you've been labelled a rat, Gerry Creed! Bring him into Red Rock as a drinking buddy of Vinnie Kiely's, sorted!

Who is Gerry Creed?

That scene with McGonagle and Rachael. It totally gave me the creeps. Poor Mel when she finds out!

Was reading somewhere that the filming of the scenes with them is difficult enough and Ann Skelly who plays Rachel is 18 in real life.
    Serious role to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Saw Sean Mahon (Brian McGonigle) on IrelandAM yesterday. He
    is partially based in the US and was due to head off there this morning. He has a very interesting CV. Did a business degree,
    spent some time in banking. Moved to the States as marketing
    manager of Kerrygold. Did some acting when he got to California,
    got the bug and kicked in the day job. Has acted on The Hulk, Mr.
    and Mrs. Smith, Philomena, among many others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Sharon has some serious fire power under that Garda shirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,118 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I thought that was a brilliant acting performance from both of them, very convincing.

Who is Gerry Creed?

Elmo's dad in Love/Hate.

Has anyone else noticed that Sharon was one of Craster's daughters in Game of Thrones? The poor girl left Westeros to escape a kiddie fiddler only to end up in Red Rock and working directly under one.

GaryTLynch wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed that Sharon was one of Craster's daughters in Game of Thrones? The poor girl left Westeros to escape a kiddie fiddler only to end up in Red Rock and working directly under one.

Is she still in GOT?

Is she still in GOT?

No she was only in one episode

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Red Rock taking a 3 month planned break from June - September. It was commissioned for 40 weeks of the year out of 52.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s262/red-rock/news/a646168/tv3s-red-rock-to-take-three-month-summer-break.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

brooke 2 wrote: »
    Saw Sean Mahon (Brian McGonigle) on IrelandAM yesterday.

http://www.tv3.ie/ireland_am_video.php?locID=1.65.74&video=93165

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

fr336 wrote: »
    Red Rock taking a 3 month planned break from June - September. It was commissioned for 40 weeks of the year out of 52.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s262/red-rock/news/a646168/tv3s-red-rock-to-take-three-month-summer-break.html

What am I going to do for 12 weeks with no Sharon? Er... I mean, no Red Rock.

Advertisement