Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RED ROCK [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

syklops wrote: »
    What am I going to do for 12 weeks with no Sharon? Er... I mean, no Red Rock.

And Niamh Reid :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

STIG83 wrote: »
    And Niamh Reid :(

Or India Mullen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Joking aside I the only one who fears that either the show won't come back in the autumn or possibly worse what does come back will be very different in an effort to up ratings ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

desbrook wrote: »
    Joking aside I the only one who fears that either the show won't come back in the autumn or possibly worse what does come back will be very different in an effort to up ratings ?

If either of those events happens, then I'll point the finger of blame at the folks at the tabloids and the gossip sites who steadfastly and unashamedly believe that that soap that's set in Carrigstown is a hundred times better... :o:o:o:o :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

If either of those events happens, then I'll point the finger of blame at the folks at the tabloids and the gossip sites who steadfastly and unashamedly believe that that soap that's set in Carrigstown is a hundred times better... :o:o:o:o :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Who in there right mind could think that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Its the best thing on Irish TV IMHO. I hope it goes from strength to strength.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

It'll definitely come back. I think they've almost finished filming for the first 80 episodes (aka. Season 1), and are hiring new staff for Season 2. So even though we'll only have seen 40ish episodes when the break takes place in June, they'll still have filmed the first season continuously, so I don't think there'll be much of a change from what we're used to. I was down at the set recently and the scenes they were filming for episodes that will air in October/November look very promising.
    I don't think it's in any danger of being cancelled. I know from people that work in TV3 that they're very happy with it and there's interest in the US for it to air over there. Bascially, try not to pay much heed to what you're hearing in the tabloids (sensationalist drivel).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

I hope the close out the Brian/Rachel storey before they take their break - as in I hope Brian gets found out and doesn't get away with it & that Westlife (sean) has to climb out of Brian's ass & find out Sharon was right all along

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

I was down at the set recently

Ooh get you ;) :cool:

TV3 have invested 14 million for 2 years. They won't shy away from it any time soon. I'd like to see it compete with fairly sh!tty, and then see what the real figures look like. Also the US are interested in it.

• Advertisement

If people tune into and watch things for quality, Red Rock easily wins. If they only bother to tune into what they're told to, maybe Fair City still wins??

fr336 wrote: »
    If people tune into and watch things for quality, Red Rock easily wins. If they only bother to tune into what they're told to used to, maybe Fair City still wins??

"Sure we've always voted Fianna Fail in this house"
    "Sure we always have steak on a Friday in this house"
    "Sure we've always watched Fair City in this house".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Ooh get you ;) :cool:

Jealous like the rest of us! :pac: :D

JillyQ wrote: »
    Who in there right mind could think that.

Well, the folks at the Daily Mail believe that 10cc's "I'm Not in Love" is a sexy love song:

http://www.discogs.com/Various-The-Midnight-Hour-The-20-Sexiest-Hits-Of-All-Time/release/810463
    http://www.discogs.com/Various-20-Classic-Love-Songs/release/3035940

HOW?!?! It's one of the most heartbreaking songs of all time - even I struggle not to cry when I listen to it. :(:(:(

If the folks at the DM can believe that such a song is sexy, then the odds of them believing that Fair City is much better than Red Rock are probably quite short... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It'll definitely come back. I think they've almost finished filming for the first 80 episodes (aka. Season 1), and are hiring new staff for Season 2. So even though we'll only have seen 40ish episodes when the break takes place in June, they'll still have filmed the first season continuously, so I don't think there'll be much of a change from what we're used to. I was down at the set recently and the scenes they were filming for episodes that will air in October/November look very promising.
    I don't think it's in any danger of being cancelled. I know from people that work in TV3 that they're very happy with it and there's interest in the US for it to air over there. Bascially, try not to pay much heed to what you're hearing in the tabloids (sensationalist drivel).

Thank God for that.

You have an Irish edition of the Daily Mail? You poor things!!!!

Said it before will say it again, this is tons better than the soaps here in England which are dreary, shouty, predictable and just a waste of time if you ask me. For a show not even finished its first 40 week a year series, Red Rock has bags of potential. The idea to combine the police crime stories with a general soap is really clever.

You have an Irish edition of the Daily Mail? You poor things!!!!

It's lasted nearly 10 years now. And it's no better than the British edition.

It's lasted nearly 10 years now. And it's no better than the British edition.

Gawd, that must be a barrell of laughs.

https://www.facebook.com/RedRockTV3/photos/pcb.906630376049897/906624412717160/?type=1&theater

Could be good tonight, looks like its paudge that over hears him talking to Rachel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,293 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Another good episode tonight, the psychic reminds me of John Bishop.

• Advertisement

Conor is a pathetic character, nobody turns into a heroin addict over night.

Roll on tomorow night!!

Roll on tomorow night!!

Wait till mammy finds out what he is up to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,293 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'm thinking he is going to get it on with his dealer.

I'm thinking he is going to get it on with his dealer.

Ride for gear to shoot up?
    Oh God!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,217 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

This evenings episode was Ok, typical red rock really. Conor is a pathetic bollox and I wish he wasn't in the show. This physic ( or whatever he is) is annoying me, ooooh he can sense things,, ooooh. A 2 week old baby could "sense" that McGonigle was acting awkward.

Seen a magazine in a local newsagents today. It summed up every episode of Red Rock until the summer break in a depressing 11 words.

Carnacalla wrote: »

Seen a magazine in a local newsagents today. It summed up every episode of Red Rock until the summer break in a depressing 11 words.

Which were? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

It's a testament to the show for me that I don't want to see any spoilers -

Which were? :P

Something along the lines of this:
    #Rachel Is found
    #Brian is arrested
    #Sharon is finally justified

Something along the lines of this:
    #Rachel Is found
    #Brian is arrested
    #Sharon is finally justified
    Oh. Well I sadly gave into temptation and knew that from Digital Spy anyway :P But there is a twist, Brian gets away on an A380 ;)

• Advertisement

Well, its not gonna be from Dublin anyway..... :)

Advertisement