Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RED ROCK [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

The medium..bang straight away he could sense that McGonigle knew something.. in the space of 5 seconds, while the super-intendent still isint sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I mention spoilers and then three in a row to tempt me...you demons! But I haven't looked...I'm like Paudge 'keeping me head down' :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Carnacalla wrote: »
    This evenings episode was Ok, typical red rock really. Conor is a pathetic bollox and I wish he wasn't in the show. This physic ( or whatever he is) is annoying me, ooooh he can sense things,, ooooh. A 2 week old baby could "sense" that McGonigle was acting awkward.

Seen a magazine in a local newsagents today. It summed up every episode of Red Rock until the summer break in a depressing 11 words.

I was just coming in here to post about that - for anyone not wanting to read any spoilers avoid looking at 'TV Now' because as per above posted already said, all spoilers are on the front cover, so no avoiding them!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

another reason to watch Red Rock over Fair City

tv3-12-620x1000.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    another reason to watch Red Rock over Fair City

tv3-12-620x1000.jpg

A hottie in fairness, was on the Seven o Clock show on Tv3 last night. Comes across very pleasant, def would be ideal to bring her home to your mammy.

• Advertisement

roger_kenny_001.jpg

tumblr_mrw4j4YbdO1sed17so1_500.gif

roger_kenny_001.jpg

tumblr_mrw4j4YbdO1sed17so1_500.gif

We're not worthy!!
    Shawwwwinnnggg!!

Paudge is missing out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Hats off to TV3, great old show....and I am not a soap fan
    Delighted he finally got caught!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Wonder will he weddle his way out of this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

double post - delete!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

Christ what an epsiode! :o That was bloody EPIC! I was literally on the edge of my seat those last few minutes cheering for Sharon and urging McGonigle to be caught!! Thank god now everyone knows that Sharon was right - can't wait for them all to grovel to her - ESPSCIALLY WESTLIFE ! :D Will be great to see that smug smirk wiped off his face, I was ragin when he called Sharon a stupid bitch!

Wonder if that's it for McGonigle now?? Even though I despite the character, the actor is brilliant and it'll be a shame in a way that the show will lose him. Still, Sharon has justice now so I'm happy :)

Great episode!! I can see McPedo getting away with it or he fuked now.

Hey Westlife, I have that humble pie for ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Edge of your seat stuff is right! That was brilliant!

McKay really stepped up. As did Podge in fairness. Some great one liners.

Adrijan with "Thats I knew he was a fake, he said you were wise", referring to Westlife.

I read an article today that said RR is averaging 200,000 viewers. Kind of flys in the face of the negatives posted here in the thread by tabloid magazines.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

syklops wrote: »
    Edge of your seat stuff is right! That was brilliant!

McKay really stepped up. As did Podge in fairness. Some great one liners.

Adrijan with "Thats I knew he was a fake, he said you were wise", referring to Westlife.

I read an article today that said RR is averaging 200,000 viewers. Kind of flys in the face of the negatives posted here in the thread by tabloid magazines.

Any idea what that would be the equivalent to in the UK? The soaps here, as with all TV in the main, have been dwindling and I'd say around the 7 million mark is considered good these days. Would the highest in Ireland be approx 1 million (I think The Late Late show gets this)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,293 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

fr336 wrote: »
    Any idea what that would be the equivalent to in the UK? The soaps here, as with all TV in the main, have been dwindling and I'd say around the 7 million mark is considered good these days. Would the highest in Ireland be approx 1 million (I think The Late Late show gets this)?

LLS would typically average around 500k a week, gets more when there's a big guest or big promoted show, the Toy Show would easily do a million. I'm not one for soaps, this is the only soap I have watched for more than 3 or 4 weeks ever, glued to it from the start, not missed one yet.

LLS would typically average around 500k a week, gets more when there's a big guest or big promoted show, the Toy Show would easily do a million. I'm not one for soaps, this is the only soap I have watched for more than 3 or 4 weeks ever, glued to it from the start, not missed one yet.

Ah that's good then, 200k for Red Rock sounds very decent then. The demographics and whether it helps the rest of the TV3 schedule is important too I guess. Onwards and upwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,217 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Red Rock is the only soap I watch. Its the only programme I make time for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,293 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

fr336 wrote: »
    Ah that's good then, 200k for Red Rock sounds very decent then. The demographics and whether it helps the rest of the TV3 schedule is important too I guess. Onwards and upwards.

I do think that RTÉ fear the show as there have been none of the cast at all on any RTÉ show either TV or radio since the show launched. They have had Elaine Crowley from Midday on LLS, Colette Fitzpatrick on SNS and other TV3 employees on recently but the big budget show of TV3 seems to be off limits for any level of interview that would promote it, this is a good sign that the show is perceived as a success over in Montrose :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

"Well the last time I checked saving teenage runaways wasn't covered by my phone warranty..."

Possibly one of the greatest lines of all-time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,118 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Absolutely brilliant stuff tonight. I was on the edge of my seat and biting my fingernails and wondering what was going to happen next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    Christ what an epsiode! :o That was bloody EPIC! I was literally on the edge of my seat those last few minutes cheering for Sharon and urging McGonigle to be caught!! Thank god now everyone knows that Sharon was right - can't wait for them all to grovel to her - ESPSCIALLY WESTLIFE ! :D Will be great to see that smug smirk wiped off his face, I was ragin when he called Sharon a stupid bitch!

Wonder if that's it for McGonigle now?? Even though I despite the character, the actor is brilliant and it'll be a shame in a way that the show will lose him. Still, Sharon has justice now so I'm happy :)

There is an interview in TV Now with the girl that plays Rachel and in it she was asked if she would miss working with Brian (sorry don't know his real name) so im assuming that means he is going out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Podge comes out with some great ones,searching for a missing girl and Podge was more worried about his phone been stuck on to the car

"Im never getting that off now"

Also that was some rugby tackle by Sharon on Mcgonigle

Podge comes out with some great ones,searching for a missing girl and Podge was more worried about his phone been stuck on to the car

Wasn't even a stunt person was def Jane McGrath as I paused it to see and watch it again.
    Hope Rachel tells all next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

STIG83 wrote: »
    Wasn't even a stunt person was def Jane McGrath as I paused it to see and watch it again.
    Hope Rachel tells all next week.

Im convinced the TV3 iPlayer or whatever its called is ran by someone who doesnt use it, because it irritates me any time I use it.

I go on, I want to watch the latest episode of RR, and click most watched, I click play and I go and sit down, only, thats not the episode, its a trailer for next week. It lasts about 2 minutes and I have to get up and find the real episode. I did this last night and saw spoliers from next week which I didnt want to see.
    Rachel keeps schtum

Its not like Im some auld wan from down the country, I have actually QA'ed and consulted on the matter of web application user interface design, so its not like Im new to the concept. The site is confusing to navigate.

Lucky git...!!! :D

Class line alright...

Thought it was a bit far fetched sticking the phone to the underside of the car with superglue...I would have preferred something more along the lines of her bumping into him accidentally in the corridor and slipping it into his jacket

Sure Podge just needs a new phone cover, the rest should come off handy

TBH, podge doesnt look like the type of fella that has a phone with GPS tracking on it...he comes a cross as more of a Nokia 3210 type of guy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,118 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Class line alright...

Thought it was a bit far fetched sticking the phone to the underside of the car with superglue...I would have preferred something more along the lines of her bumping into him accidentally in the corridor and slipping it into his jacket

Sure Podge just needs a new phone cover, the rest should come off handy

TBH, podge doesnt look like the type of fella that has a phone with GPS tracking on it...he comes a cross as more of a Nokia 3210 type of guy

Maybe he's a man of hidden depths though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

syklops wrote: »

Or rather, the tabloid negatives posted here in the thread by me... :o:o:o:o

Believe me, I never have and never will agree with anything the tabloids and gossip magazines claim - even if they turn out to be right.

I only post their claims so as to shoot them down (with roll-eyes smilies as necessary), and so that others can shoot them down as well if they wish to. :o:D:);)

I think 200,000 viewers is pretty good, BTW. :):)

• Advertisement

Advertisement