Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RED ROCK [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Calm yourselves, lads https://twitter.com/ThatJaneMcGrath

And for the ladies (or gents) have some Westlife too https://twitter.com/davygcrowley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Class line alright...

Thought it was a bit far fetched sticking the phone to the underside of the car with superglue...I would have preferred something more along the lines of her bumping into him accidentally in the corridor and slipping it into his jacket

Sure Podge just needs a new phone cover, the rest should come off handy

TBH, podge doesnt look like the type of fella that has a phone with GPS tracking on it...he comes a cross as more of a Nokia 3210 type of guy

I agree about the glue. I was thinking at the time if you tried that in real life, it wouldn't last past the roundabout. Duck tape would do the trick. Or the boot could have been open and she could have thrown it in.

GPS on phones is standard nowadays. You'd nearly need to pay more for a phone that doesn't have GPS. My Ma's phone has GPS and a tech wizard she is not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Red Rock is the only soap I watch. Its the only programme I make time for.

Ah, come on....................................! The programme deserves credit but some of the over exaggerated reverance on here towards it is a tad cringey! Also the comparasion to FC which is so bad it is good is hardly a bar to make it (Red Rock) an unbelievable programme by any sense of imagination. I am one of those who just dabbles in/out of it but I really enjoyed the Sharon/McGonigle story. A lot of the other stuff was good but not enthralling by any means. Its only a season in also so it needs to really keep momentum up next season, that is the true test for it in my opinion.

Unfortunately it is on the wrong station to get proper media exposure to grow its audience in long run. And although 200,000 is a good figure for a station like TV3 again it isn't exceptional.

But as I said, it was better than I expected, a lot better but far from a masterpiece!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,217 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Completely disagree. Its a fact that Red Rock is the best TV3 programme ever made.

I rarely have time to watch TV, but I make sure every week that I have half an hour on Tuesdays and Wednesdays to watch it, something that I don't do for any other TV programmes.

Red Rock is great. Far more action and excitement compared to Fair Shi"ty and them UK soaps, whole not as fake as the American dramas.

• Advertisement

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Completely disagree. Its a fact that Red Rock is the best TV3 programme ever made.

I rarely have time to watch TV, but I make sure every week that I have half an hour on Tuesdays and Wednesdays to watch it, something that I don't do for any other TV programmes.

Red Rock is great. Far more action and excitement compared to Fair Shi"ty and them UK soaps, whole not as fake as the American dramas.

Fair enough, each to their own! All about opinions but I hazard a guess tere are maybe one or two better programmes out there! Considering tv3 has never made a decent drama before this or that FC is hardly a bar to compare any credible show against, neither of those reasons would hardly mean much.

But I am glad that you enjoy it, and I don't mean that sarcastically or in jest, I assure you.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

Fair enough, each to their own! All about opinions but I hazard a guess tere are maybe one or two better programmes out there! Considering tv3 has never made a decent drama before this or that FC is hardly a bar to compare any credible show against, neither of those reasons would hardly mean much.

But I am glad that you enjoy it, and I don't mean that sarcastically or in jest, I assure you.

Given the forensic examinations & anaysis that United Chester Men has treated us to on the English soaps, i find it extraordinary that more credit hasn't been given to what is , without a doubt a truly realistic, credible TV programme.

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Was one of the critics on here in the early days, but in fairness the main storyline worked well and the show improved immensely as it went on.

Think losing the two worst actors (the Hennessy brothers) as their storyline fizzled out was a huge boost for the show. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭prodsc

Was one of the critics on here in the early days, but in fairness the main storyline worked well and the show improved immensely as it went on.

Think losing the two worst actors (the Hennessy brothers) as their storyline fizzled out was a huge boost for the show. :D

Has this fizzled out?

prodsc wrote: »
    [/B]
    Has this fizzled out?

I don't think so. David Hennessey is in next week's episodes, or possibly the week after.

• Advertisement

Foggy Jew wrote: »
    Given the forensic examinations & anaysis that United Chester Men has treated us to on the English soaps, i find it extraordinary that more credit hasn't been given to what is , without a doubt a truly realistic, credible TV programme.

oh shut up. I am just giving a fair assessment. I never criticised the programme at all. Sorry if I am not in the exclusive RR club.

Foggy Jew wrote: »

Oh and I liked your post. I am sure the more likes you get the better you will feel! Maybe read my post before biting.................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Mod Note

Let's get back on topic folks!

lkduk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Feel 'ashamed' to admit that I really enjoyed it when McGonigle spat in Westlife's (Sean's) face!! The irony of it!! :):):) I hope Sean
    has the backbone to apologise to Sharon for the way he treated her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

brooke 2 wrote: »
    Feel 'ashamed' to admit that I really enjoyed it when McGonigle spat in Westlife's (Sean's) face!! The irony of it!! :):):) I hope Sean
    has the backbone to apologise to Sharon for the way he treated her.

When he spit in Westife's face?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

STIG83 wrote: »
    When he spit in Westife's face?

When he was arrested, when Westlife was putting him into the car. I had to rewind to make sure it really happened!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

brooke 2 wrote: »
    When he was arrested, when Westlife was putting him into the car. I had to rewind to make sure it really happened!!

Missed that completely!!

Missed that completely!!

Because it didn't happen :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Missed that completely!!
    You and me both!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,217 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Yep, didn't see it either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

My partner saw it - I missed it. My only disappointment with the episode was the scenes where Sharon was "losing the signal " . If you have an iphone you can track it using any WEB enabled device. You rely on your wifi or 3/4g signal or whatever and how near you are to the target is of no relevance . Caravan scenes looked like Donabate?

I don't think he spat at him, just kind of turned around when he was being pushed into the car as if to say I'll get in myself, get your hands off me. There was some sort of sound like a breeze of wind or something and it did sound like a spit sound. I had to watch it 5/6 times and still not 100 % .I can definitely see why anyone would think it looked/sounded like a spit but there is no "personal" animosity between the pair that would have justified a spit in the face, in fact he got ridiculous support off Sean, so it would make no sense why he would spit at him.

Oh and please don't attack me for giving an opinion...............!

hiding-behind-wall-18883278.jpg

I've watched it back and it bears no relation to what you are saying.

fr336 wrote: »
    I've watched it back and it bears no relation to what you are saying.

Oh, go on, I'll bite.......... why does it bear no relation to what I am saying......

Please go easy on me...........!

Oh, go on, I'll bite.......... why does it bear no relation to what I am saying......

Please go easy on me...........!

I'm not interesting in biting anyone...get a hobby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Mod Warning

Please report posts you've an issue with instead of responding to them.

United Chester Men, if you continue with your trolling and off topic posts you'll receive a lengthy ban.

Can't wait for next weeks episodes. I was so happy to see Sharon vindicated. The way a lot of the others turned against her like a pack of wolves for standing up for what she believed in and not being afraid to speak her mind for the justice (against McGonigle) was so uncomfortable to watch. What a heroine she is. She was effectively bullied, wasn't she? And then there was threats to suspend her because they didn't like/believe what she was saying. I wonder will they all apologise to her now when they realise she done nothing wrong, Sean especially. There is bound to be another twist though, people like Mcgonigle don't give up that easily and I can see Sharon being attacked some way again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Anyone else think it was a bit weird the way McKay said "Well done Sharon " with no asking was she okay?

By the way am I alone in finding McKay a thoroughly annoying and self righteous eejit??

Advertisement