Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RED ROCK [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

No Red Rock tonight :confused:

Has the summer break begun already? Feckin summer hasn't even begun :mad:

ETA - oh, and anyone else think that the radio ad for Kube kitchens features Westlife in the voicover???

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    No Red Rock tonight :confused:

Has the summer break begun already? Feckin summer hasn't even begun :mad:

ETA - oh, and anyone else think that the radio ad for Kube kitchens features Westlife in the voicover???

It's on at 10 due to Britain's Got Talent.

fr336 wrote: »
    It's on at 10 due to Britain's Got Talent.
    Just copped that this minute :o

Apologies.

As you were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,295 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

A little Snapper :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Paudge taking Ollie down a peg or two in front of his mates was absolutely priceless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,295 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It finishes up next Thursday until September, I will have to take up some hobby or sport of a Wednesday/Thursday evening to keep me going in general health until then. I hope Paudge gets international financing from some US property fund to prop up his housing empire without the need to sell his Ford Mondeo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,118 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Nicky: "Garda Holden, I thought you were all hard"

Westlife: "......Only in the right places"

Really Red Rock...REALLY?

I could do without the relationship between Westlife and the detective. It's too "soapy" and doesn't fit at all with anything else we've seen so far.

Strazdas wrote: »
    I could do without the relationship between Westlife and the detective. It's too "soapy" and doesn't fit at all with anything else we've seen so far.

Yeah very forced. Despite the many positive comments of people here I feel that despite a lot of potential, there may be many changes for series 2. Finding its feet it was, but it needs to build on that now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Looks like Westlife has forgotten about his buddy already, Nikki has helped him on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,217 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Ouch. Adrian took the drink to the head and completely embarrassed himself, before realizing that Nicki and Westlife were together behind his back.

• Advertisement

I thought it was really off how after how vile he was to Sharon, Westlife was immediately 'rewarded' last week with his little bit of happiness. Very weird.

Is it just me who felt RR dropped down a few pegs this week? I know it's a soap but it seemed better than that so far. The Westlife / Nikki / Adrijan thing is awful. I'm also going to miss Brian far more than I thought, so much potential wasted there imo. If they could only get the actor nailed down for one series fair enough which I suspect may have happened.

Is it just me who felt RR dropped down a few pegs this week? I know it's a soap but it seemed better than that so far. The Westlife / Nikki / Adrijan thing is awful. I'm also going to miss Brian far more than I thought, so much potential wasted there imo. If they could only get the actor nailed down for one series fair enough which I suspect may have happened.
    Absolutely.

I was cringing watching the second episode this week.

I really, really hope they didn't just have one good story in them and that was it.

I'm also borderline hiding behind the couch at the Paudge/builder story. Something good has to happen for him soon, surely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

I thought it was really off how after how vile he was to Sharon, Westlife was immediately 'rewarded' last week with his little bit of happiness. Very weird.

Don't worry I'd say Adrian will get his reward - when him and Sharon get together I'd say ;) - just a hunch

As for the pub scene - wearing your garda shirt in such a sloppy way and in a pub would cause serious discipline issues I imagine. RR needs to be realistic with stuff like this....

desbrook wrote: »
    Don't worry I'd say Adrian will get his reward - when him and Sharon get together I'd say ;) - just a hunch

Yeah, he'd be much better off - what would anyone see in Nikki anyway (ok she's easy on the eye but personality wise)

It sounds like I'm criticising the show as if it's not good, it's always pretty watchable, I like most of the characters and there's been plenty of great stuff so far. I just always want more personally :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,217 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Last week was fairly disappointing alright, but I do not think they should have changed a thing in the way they handled the Brian thing. Most soaps would have it drawn out until Christmas 2017 whereas red rock kept it interesting the whole way through. I loved the way they ended it, when Brian was in Mcgonigles room complaining I don't know which way it would have went.

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Last week was fairly disappointing alright, but I do not think they should have changed a thing in the way they handled the Brian thing. Most soaps would have it drawn out until Christmas 2017 whereas red rock kept it interesting the whole way through. I loved the way they ended it, when Brian was in Mcgonigles room complaining I don't know which way it would have went.

I dunno, you CAN drag things out with the right actors and storylines. Trouble is the soaps generally don't do either. The Bill was a corker at times :pac:

desbrook wrote: »

As for the pub scene - wearing your garda shirt in such a sloppy way and in a pub would cause serious discipline issues I imagine. RR needs to be realistic with stuff like this....

I'm pretty sure they can never wear their uniform when they're off duty. They have to change into civilian gear at the end of their shift, so wearing their uniform while drinking in a pub would be unthinkable.

It would have been better if we'd had Brian for a much longer time, but I suppose they used him to try and pull the viewers in from the start. They needed a strong storyline from the outset.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

IrelandAM were on the Red Rock set last Friday. The actor (David?) who plays Westlife (Sean) has quite a posh accent!
    Sounds kinda funny when you have been used to hearing 'Sean'!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

The trailer for the last two episodes of the season, look like it will be decent with Paudge's story escalating, a showdown between Seán and Adrijan, and Patricia Hennessy doing what Patricia Hennessy does best...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

fr336 wrote:
    I dunno, you CAN drag things out with the right actors and storylines. Trouble is the soaps generally don't do either. The Bill was a corker at times

Everyone complains when soaps do that. It is really, very tiresome when storylines drag on like that and it shows the writers are milking it fur lack of other good stuff going on. I was glad they did finish it up. Imo they did have the right actors for the right storyline but it went on for long enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

Today FM got a sneak preview of the final episode of the series. They filmed Ian Dempsey, Sean Bean, Louis Walsh (?) Glenda Gilsen Mark Cagney and a few more as they watched it. Their reactions are to be seen on the Today FM's facebook page. Every single one of them jumped and uttered a shocked expletive as they watched it. Sorry I can't post a link, I'm in work and they have blocked FB.

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

If Ned "F$%^ing" Stark thinks the Red Rock finale is great, I'm taking his word for it... Looks like it will be good...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

Paudge is going to get killed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Very clever promo.... :)

soap1978 wrote: »
    Paudge is going to get killed

Oh jesus no

Very good...

CGkbcgzW8AAznUt.jpg:large

• Advertisement