Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RED ROCK [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

walshb wrote: »
    All I am trying to establish is if she is under 16 years of age. If so than of course he is a paedophile.

He is not necessarily. Read up on what a paedophile is. Age is not always relevant.

Far too many times people bandy about the term paedophile completely inaccurately.

Is Conor Tyrrell also a paedophile?
    Not getting into an argument about paedophiles. As far as I know they are the lowest of the low that prey on young children. I was under the impression that if the vulnerable child is under 16 years of age than the paedophile could be imprisoned. Mind you I do realise that paedophiles are very manipulating evil scum and often get off on all charges. Sadly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,744 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Not getting into an argument about paedophiles. As far as I know they are the lowest of the low that prey on young children. I was under the impression that if the vulnerable child is under 16 years of age than the paedophile could be imprisoned. Mind you I do realise that paedophiles are very manipulating evil scum and often get off on all charges. Sadly.

Who's arguing? Simple: Labelling a person a paedophile based off age alone "can be wrong," and "can be" inaccurate. That's the only point I made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

All I am trying to establish is if she is under 16 years of age. If so than of course he is a paedophile.

paedophilia relates to pre pubescent kids, normally determined under age of 12 or 13 at most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,274 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

paedophilia relates to pre pubescent kids, normally determined under age of 12 or 13 at most.

I believe so. That word gets thrown around a lot but very often inaccurately. A 20 year old having a relationship with someone aged 16 and a half in Ireland would be a "paedophile" according to the same narrative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

No. He's not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

My recollection from the first series is that Rachel was said to be 15 at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,712 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I wonder will Rachel or her Dad make an exit from the show if either is found guilty of the murder, they are hardly going to give weekly updates from jail on how they are getting on.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

Ok. So Brian may not have been a textbook paedophile, but he took advantage of an underage, vulnerable 15 year old. He manipulated her & he brainwashed her. He deserved what he got.

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

And the award for most superfluous character in RedRock goes to .... Niamh. A Granny in young girls clothes.

Foggy Jew wrote: »
    Ok. So Brian may not have been a textbook paedophile, but he took advantage of an underage, vulnerable 15 year old. He manipulated her & he brainwashed her. He deserved what he got.

He was certainly hugely manipulative and lacking in morals but it did become obvious towards the end of Series 2 that it was Rachel who first made a move on McGonigle, not the other way around. That in no way excuses his actions but she seems to be trouble herself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,744 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Strazdas wrote: »
    He was certainly hugely manipulative and lacking in morals but it did become obvious towards the end of Series 2 that it was Rachel who first made a move on McGonigle, not the other way around. That in no way excuses his actions but she seems to be trouble herself.

She's a toerag. He's not great, but she is despicable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

I am looking for theme music from Red Rock but can not find it on google any body know who created the theme song?

walshb wrote: »
    She's a toerag. He's not great, but she is despicable!

Yes, she's almost like a junior McGonigle, quite manipulative in her own way even though McGonigle was an even cleverer manipulator.

I am looking for theme music from Red Rock but can not find it on google any body know who created the theme song?

The composer is Debbie Wiseman. She appears to be English and has written quite a few other TV themes.

The composer is Debbie Wiseman. She appears to be English and has written quite a few other TV themes.

Those interested in hearing more of her beautiful music. http://www.debbiewiseman.co.uk/samples/index.shtml

Those interested in hearing more of her beautiful music. http://www.debbiewiseman.co.uk/samples/index.shtml

She has a superb CV, composing the theme music to series like Father Brown and Land Girls and many, many more.

She has a superb CV, composing the theme music to series like Father Brown and Land Girls and many, many more.

Yeah she really does very impressive. lots of sound bytes on Soundcloud too.

Denise Wiseman? Oh my...... For a few seconds there I was thinking of Denis Waterman, and the Little Britain sketch, where he 'wrote the theme toon'..... My brain works in mysterious ways.....

Foggy Jew wrote: »
    Denise Wiseman? Oh my...... For a few seconds there I was thinking of Denis Waterman, and the Little Britain sketch, where he 'wrote the theme toon'..... My brain works in mysterious ways.....

Sorry to point out the misfortune of getting it wrong twice but it's Debbie Wiseman.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Logo

Watched this show on BBC. Anyone know why TV3 don't provide series 2 on the player? I'm looking to catch-up on series 2 before watching the new series but the few links that were provided infected my laptop with viruses. Any ideas?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Didn't watch Red Rock but saw the ads for the new season and thought it looked good so I've been catching up and just finished season 2 On Demand on UPC/Virgin.

Don't want to spoil and can't seem to find the spoiler thing on my phone but the last episode I watched from season 2 involved Paudge and McKay but the new season seems to pick up with Rachel and McGonigle and the "Previously on Red Rock" was stuff I hadn't seen.
    So what am I missing ?
    Is there more episodes in season two that I haven't seen ?

Logo wrote: »
    Watched this show on BBC. Anyone know why TV3 don't provide series 2 on the player? I'm looking to catch-up on series 2 before watching the new series but the few links that were provided infected my laptop with viruses. Any ideas?
    Thanks

Season 2 is in the "My Prime" then boxsets section on demand

Karen23 wrote: »
    Didn't watch Red Rock but saw the ads for the new season and thought it looked good so I've been catching up and just finished season 2 On Demand on UPC/Virgin.

Don't want to spoil and can't seem to find the spoiler thing on my phone but the last episode I watched from season 2 involved Paudge and McKay but the new season seems to pick up with Rachel and McGonigle and the "Previously on Red Rock" was stuff I hadn't seen.
    So what am I missing ?
    Is there more episodes in season two that I haven't seen ?

Aaaarrghh, looks like I'm missing a whole season. New season is 4 and on demand only has 1&2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

How f*cking predictable!! Brother drunkenly gets with brother's ex girlfriend/whatever she was!! Yawn.... Boring....!! Knew that was going to happen before she walked into the pub!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

Monife wrote:
    How f*cking predictable!! Brother drunkenly gets with brother's ex girlfriend/whatever she was!! Yawn.... Boring....!! Knew that was going to happen before she walked into the pub!!

Betcha she's up the duff too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,878 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Monife wrote: »

Do you think Katie and Michael will now hook up :p

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

That's probably what would happen in any other show and if Red Rock want to continue to be predictable and like every other show, it will happen, although I would like to think Katie is strong willed enough for it to not happen.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Neither the Hennessys or Kielys would approve of that either :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Michael gave himself a hiding.....interesting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Jane McGrath is in the new drama Moonstone on BBC1 from next Monday @2:15pm. The beeb took a shine to her.

M

Decent episode last night, Michaels prison mate working at Harbour Haulage should livin the show up a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Decent episode last night, Michaels prison mate working at Harbour Haulage should livin the show up a bit.

Is he working there?

M

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Is he working there?

Next episode preview at the end of last nights showed him working there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

He speaks like Fran from Love Hate!

I've only started watching the show this season, but I have to say I don't think there's enough going on for it to only have one episode a week. Wasn't it on a few times a week last year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭prodsc

He speaks like Fran from Love Hate!

I've only started watching the show this season, but I have to say I don't think there's enough going on for it to only have one episode a week. Wasn't it on a few times a week last year?

Was 2x 30 mins peviously, now 1 x 60mins...well 48ish without ads!

• Advertisement

prodsc wrote: »
    Was 2x 30 mins peviously, now 1 x 60mins...well 48ish without ads!

Ah I see. What do you think? It feels a bit long between episodes, you'd nearly forget what happened the previous week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭prodsc

Was over in a flash previously! I used to watch them together during the week so it is much the same to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

Ah FFS. Not back till January and they pretty much gave away the whole plot of what's to come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

This is absolutely pathetic,beginning of November and they are taking a break for in effect the Christmas period.They are not long into the series in the first place. Seriously bad form from them in my view.......jeez :rolleyes:

Them biccies that yer wan made were fairly big, and might have contained drugs maybe!!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭JaffaP

nikkibikki wrote: »
    Ah FFS. Not back till January and they pretty much gave away the whole plot of what's to come.

Absolutely ridiculous 'preview'. Gave away far too much.

Red Rock has been pretty dull viewing lately. If I hear that clown Hennessy saying 'Katie, I wanna see my son' one more f**king time....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

I think the only thing they didn't should us was what happened to Donna Burke. The sergeant is one misogynist pig of a man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

happyday wrote: »
    I think the only thing they didn't should us was what happened to Donna Burke. The sergeant is one misogynist pig of a man.

......put the head down:D

M

Wtf, no notice at all of the break, I thought it would have run right up to Christmas week.

Wtf, no notice at all of the break, I thought it would have run right up to Christmas week.

Very strange. Something must have happened behind the scenes to make them pull the show from the schedule like this, there's no way this would have been the plan when they launched the new series in September. It looks like it was pulled at very short notice.

M

Very strange. Something must have happened behind the scenes to make them pull the show from the schedule like this, there's no way this would have been the plan when they launched the new series in September. It looks like it was pulled at very short notice.

I thought they were halting it for I'm A Celebrity but that's on UTV Ireland.

Sure Theres no need to watch it at all after that preview!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭septern

I agree with previous posters that it is v strange to take such a long break, with no notice.

All other soaps ramp up for Christmas, with extra episodes, Christmas specials etc.

I loved the first season, but this season has not been as enjoyable for me. The plots have been more predictable and its not the same............

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭thesultan

jimmyw wrote: »
    This is absolutely pathetic,beginning of November and they are taking a break for in effect the Christmas period.They are not long into the series in the first place. Seriously bad form from them in my view.......jeez :rolleyes:

Them biccies that yer wan made were fairly big, and might have contained drugs maybe!!

They should have an episode for Christmas at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Ya it been nice if they had a Christmas episode having to wait till January!? :( They probably be on repeat for Christmas!

Was there an episode this week?

• Advertisement
Advertisement