Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RED ROCK [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

This returns next Wednesday I can't believe it :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

fr336 wrote: »
    This returns next Wednesday I can't believe it :eek:

Is it Wednesday and Thursday 830 ??? Did they learn nothing over summer ? Timeslots and days are holding the show back.

desbrook wrote: »
    Is it Wednesday and Thursday 830 ??? Did they learn nothing over summer ? Timeslots and days are holding the show back.

Yep as far as I can tell those are the times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,118 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

desbrook wrote: »

They obviously don't want to go head to head with any UK or Irish soap though, which narrows their options. Personally I think Tuesday and Thursday would be better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Strazdas wrote: »
    They obviously don't want to go head to head with any UK or Irish soap though, which narrows their options. Personally I think Tuesday and Thursday would be better.

Its easily better than Corrie is at the moment, but I tried to get my mother to watch it and she basically refused. I'm sure theres lots of other auld wans out there witht he philosophy of "Sure we always watch Coronation Street, vote Fianna Fail, and eat bacon and cabbage on a Sunday".

syklops wrote: »
    Its easily better than Corrie is at the moment, but I tried to get my mother to watch it and she basically refused. I'm sure theres lots of other auld wans out there witht he philosophy of "Sure we always watch Coronation Street, vote Fianna Fail, and eat bacon and cabbage on a Sunday".

It's not even an Irish show, Joe!!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭rogercar

I love RedRock. They should put on a third episode every week. Too long to wait from Thursday to Wednesday. Maybe Sunday night at 8.30? Nothing decent on at that time in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

rogercar wrote: »
    I love RedRock. They should put on a third episode every week. Too long to wait from Thursday to Wednesday. Maybe Sunday night at 8.30? Nothing decent on at that time in my opinion.

I still think of that as the Glenroe slot :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,296 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Back tonight, I nearly forgot about it...

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I still think of that as the Glenroe slot :D
    Me too. But I don't think RTE will put anything similar in that slot anytime soon. Could be a good opportunity for TV 3 to grab that slot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Me too. But I don't think RTE will put anything similar in that slot anytime soon. Could be a good opportunity for TV 3 to grab that slot.

They already did. A little show called The X Factor - it's a load of crap, but apparently it appeals to the masses and it has been doing quite well for TV3 on Saturday and Sunday nights for the past decade or so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I'll be the first to admit, I missed that Harmonica Solo over the summer... Good to be back...

Lines of the night:

“Isn’t there some motorway you should be playing on” - Paudge

“The only reason that dollop Galvin is getting into Man U is if he volunteers to be the mascot” - Tommy

“a celtic cross as drawn by a blind donkey on a bouncing castle” - Nikki

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

I'll be the first to admit, I missed that Harmonica Solo over the summer... Good to be back...

I fot a little flutter of anticipation when I heard the Theme Toon :o

They hit the ground running first episode back. Young Rachel in FC went to Greece on her holidays for a few weeks & came back metamorphasised. Nice to see the guys & girls in Red Rock stayed more or less the same over the summer.

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

They already did. A little show called The X Factor - it's a load of crap, but apparently it appeals to the masses and it has been doing quite well for TV3 on Saturday and Sunday nights for the past decade or so...

But not for much longer....:P

But it's only on for about 3 months and will be moving to another channel. Either way we need a third episode. It would be nice to see more of a community Feel in RedRock, more scenes in the pub, cafe and Harbour Haulage. Best soap/drama on Irish TV.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

First time watching it last night. Seems to be a good show. That Johnny Gillen lad - is he a regular with a back story? Seems to be an interesting character. :D

I need to read up or watch s1.

Just watched last night's ep. You can tell it's a new series, things are a lot tighter even if there wasn't a huge amount going on. Well done to them and great to have this show to watch.

But it's only on for about 3 months and will be moving to another channel. Either way we need a third episode. It would be nice to see more of a community Feel in RedRock, more scenes in the pub, cafe and Harbour Haulage. Best soap/drama on Irish TV.

Moving to what other channel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Just got caught up last night. Jaysus Patricia Hennessey is some weapon. But Bridget is well up for her. Feel so sorry for Katie.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

Is there something going on between Patricia and the doctor? I was only half watching it the other night so could have missed something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,118 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Is there something going on between Patricia and the doctor? I was only half watching it the other night so could have missed something

The female doctor? I don't think so, it's just that they seem to know each other for ages and go way back.

I never thought we'd meet Paudge's Mammy. I thought she'd be like Fat Brenda from Corrie or Fat Elvis from EastEnders*, constantly mentioned but never seen.

*Well he was seen once in an episode this year, but before that always only mentioned.

And what's Adrijan doing? Talk about a bad idea...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

When was Red Rock on last night? UPC recorded what it says is Red Rock but when I view it, it's rugby :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭prodsc

Monife wrote: »
    When was Red Rock on last night? UPC recorded what it says is Red Rock but when I view it, it's rugby :(

Eir(com) did the same for me. I think it was on at 10pm because I caught up with it in TV3+1 after 11.

It is on late tonight (10.30) but that has been scheduled so it should record if you are on series record.

These late times won't be helping a family kind of soap, you wouldn't have thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭VickieVexed1

Monife wrote: »

Sky+ recorded RR twice for us last night, the 8:30 episode, which turned out to be rugby, and it recorded the actual show again when it played at 10 pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

It was on 3E last night at 8.30, (10 on tv3)the description on sky said it was on tv3.:rolleyes:

Advertisement