Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RED ROCK [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

I surprisingly wound up liking the first series a lot, but so far this series has been complete rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

And what's Adrijan doing? Talk about a bad idea...

Hi 5 he deserves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Paudge still has the best lines.

Westlife and Adijan hugging and Paudge goes "They'll be wearing the faces off each other next". I burst out laughing at that.

In tonights episode with Paudge and the bogroll stuck to his shoe, and then it dawns on him the break room is empty.

Adrijan, WTF are you doing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Adrijan is going getting jiggy with a Widow lady.
    So we have Westlife and his side kick Toyboy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I actually happened to be down on the set the day the were filming the grenade disposal scenes outside the Neptune. Jane McGrath (Sharon) and David Crowley (Sean) seemed to be having great craic in between takes running and jumping around outside the Garda Station with finger guns pretending to shoot everyone - I hope we see a gag reel or outtakes at some point, as I'd say lots of messing goes on there at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

I actually happened to be down on the set the day the were filming the grenade disposal scenes outside the Neptune. Jane McGrath (Sharon) and David Crowley (Sean) seemed to be having great craic in between takes running and jumping around outside the Garda Station with finger guns pretending to shoot everyone - I hope we see a gag reel or outtakes at some point, as I'd say lots of messing goes on there at times.

And how did you happen to be on the set, 'as you do'? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Did you ask why wasn't the cafe evaluated as its only a matter of yards from the station :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

fr336 wrote: »
    And how did you happen to be on the set, 'as you do'? :p

i had a meeting there that day. I wasn't just there for the craic or anything. All the actual Red Rock offices are upstairs in the Garda Station building, so I just happened to catch a few scenes as I was entering and leaving the building.
    desbrook wrote: »
    Did you ask why wasn't the cafe evaluated as its only a matter of yards from the station :D

Sure a grenade wouldn't be powerful enough to also damage the building across the road, even if it went off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,118 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

syklops wrote: »
    Paudge still has the best lines.

Westlife and Adijan hugging and Paudge goes "They'll be wearing the faces off each other next". I burst out laughing at that.

In tonights episode with Paudge and the bogroll stuck to his shoe, and then it dawns on him the break room is empty.

Adrijan, WTF are you doing?

Adrijan would be in big trouble if it was discovered what he was doing. He would be accused by his bosses of taking advantage of a vulnerable woman (even if that's not exactly what happened).

i had a meeting there that day. I wasn't just there for the craic or anything. All the actual Red Rock offices are upstairs in the Garda Station building, so I just happened to catch a few scenes as I was entering and leaving the building.

Are you one of the fellas after Podge? :p

• Advertisement

Where do they film it? Also you saw Sharon in the flesh? :pac:
    Adrijan is going getting jiggy with a Widow lady.

Not just any widow lady. The widow lady whose husband's death Adrijan is under investigation by GSOC for.
    Did you ask why wasn't the cafe evaluated as its only a matter of yards from the station

It was a grenade, not an exocet missile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Red Rock have secured more IFTA nominations than Fair City.

Sean Mahon (McGonigle) - male performance in soap or comedy
    Cathy Belton (Patricia) - female performance in soap or comedy
    Jane McGrath (Sharon) - female performance in soap or comedy
    Red Rock - Soap

Lisa Mulcahy - director
    Peter McKenna - writer
    Ciaran Tanham - camera

Well done to cast and crew.

Where do they film it?

John Player Factory, South Circular Road, Dublin 8

John Player Factory, South Circular Road, Dublin 8

Ah sh1te. I used to work around the corner from there.

I assumed it was Dun Laoighre. Is that where the Neptune Cafe is?

Ah sh1te. I used to work around the corner from there.

I assumed it was Dun Laoighre. Is that where the Neptune Cafe is?

Yep police station and Neptune are at John Player factory right next to one another. Location filming does take place in Dun Laoghaire and Howth.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

I saw Sean Mahon AKA evil garda McGonagle in Westport today. Is he a native of there? Will he be coming back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

SarahBM wrote: »
    I saw Sean Mahon AKA evil garda McGonagle in Westport today. Is he a native of there? Will he be coming back?

That would be interesting. Maybe in the next series. It's a bit too soon now I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭buswankers

Where do they film it? Also you saw Sharon in the flesh? :pac: QUOTE]

I saw Sharon a few months back in the Tesco Metro station in Terenure getting her grocery shopping!

buswankers wrote: »

I saw Sharon a few months back in the Tesco Metro station in Terenure getting her grocery shopping!

Good thing I wasn't there. I'd be drooling over the cauliflowers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,297 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

buswankers wrote: »

Did you ask her "...are you alright Sharon?" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

RR was fab tonight - simply fab The scene with Brigid tearing up the cheque was the equivalent of Den Watts serving divorce paper on Angie . " Happy Christmas Ange "

Any time Bridget and Patricia are in the same scene it's always fantastic.

I also love the characters that only show up every so often - like Eddie and Ollie, it makes the community of Red Rock seem more realistic that it isn't always only the main characters and the criminal of the week...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

The whole "he/she is a Kiely or he/she is a Hennessy waffle really is getting cringe. Take a drink everytime it is said in the episode, you will be fairly piss ed.

The whole "he/she is a Kiely or he/she is a Hennessy waffle really is getting cringe. Take a drink everytime it is said in the episode, you will be fairly piss ed.

We should definitely invent the Red Rock drinking game - I'm sure I could convince the guys who run the Facebook and Twitter page to do up an official list if we put some suggestions together...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Watched last night's episode just now, and my credulity went !PING! I'm afraid.

The whole Superintendent in charge of the case being married to the solicitor who's the sister of/defending the accused was bad enough, without said sister/solicitor ringing the DPP to effectively do some insider trading.

Puh-lease.

It's a shame because the rest of it - or most of the rest of it, Adrijan's current storyline is pushing it a bit tbh - is very watchable.

Is RR not as good as first season? This thread seems very quiet in comparison... I have yet to watch most of it, think I saw first two, but my excuse is being abroad :P

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Watched last night's episode just now, and my credulity went !PING! I'm afraid.

The whole Superintendent in charge of the case being married to the solicitor who's the sister of/defending the accused was bad enough, without said sister/solicitor ringing the DPP to effectively do some insider trading.

Puh-lease.

Ah here, its not that uncommon. If anything it makes the show more real.
    It's a shame because the rest of it - or most of the rest of it, Adrijan's current storyline is pushing it a bit tbh - is very watchable.
    Also not uncommon in similar situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

I thought Pauge's comment on Kostas and Westlife finally coming out as a couple was priceless! There are some gems in the writing. He often gets the best lines I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Is RR not as good as first season? This thread seems very quiet in comparison... I have yet to watch most of it, think I saw first two, but my excuse is being abroad :P

The bullying storyline in the first season was compelling. Brian was such a nasty sneak - it was all so believable. Can't say that I feel so engrossed this season! Don't like the drugs story with Paudge - I prefer him as light relief, as he was in the first season - he was brilliant. At times you really liked him - at others, he was so annoying as he was too cowardly to stand up for Sharon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 RedRocker

We should definitely invent the Red Rock drinking game - I'm sure I could convince the guys who run the Facebook and Twitter page to do up an official list if we put some suggestions together...

Go for it!

Bren - Guy who runs the Facebook and Twitter page

Advertisement