Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RED ROCK [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,118 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

desbrook wrote: »
    Bit difficult when he isn't told anything by Beady :(

No, but he could feed Beady false information and set him up to be arrested. Would be perfectly above board too, seeing as Paudge is a member of the police and Beady is a criminal.....it's not as if Beady would be in a position to complain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Strazdas wrote: »
    No, but he could feed Beady false information and set him up to be arrested. Would be perfectly above board too, seeing as Paudge is a member of the police and Beady is a criminal.....it's not as if Beady would be in a position to complain.

Yes but Beady has possession of a certain video. A certain video that would end Paudge's career.

Yes but Beady has possession of a certain video. A certain video that would end Paudge's career.

Indeed but presumably all of that is about to come light ie. Paudge could become a double agent after it has been discovered that he is being blackmailed by Beady.

Not sure what would happen in real life though and if McKay would simply throw the book at Paudge, have him kicked out of the force and put on trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Indeed but presumably all of that is about to come light ie. Paudge could become a double agent after it has been discovered that he is being blackmailed by Beady.

Not sure what would happen in real life though and if McKay would simply throw the book at Paudge, have him kicked out of the force and put on trial.

Beady would get to him first

don't know what way it'll go.

Naimh is one jealous cow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,297 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Paudge nicely dodged the bullet tonight.

• Advertisement

Paudge nicely dodged the bullet tonight.

For the moment anyway, but McKay still suspects him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I dont like how this is going. Podge will get found out. Assuming he does, he can't stay on the force. Considering he is the best character IMO, this only means bad things for the show if you ask me.

Bit difficult when he isn't told anything by Beady :(

Dis-information.

Wrong information from a source you trust is even more damaging, than correct information from a dodgy source.

syklops wrote: »
    Dis-information.

Wrong information from a source you trust is even more damaging, than correct information from a dodgy source.

Deep ;)

Deep ;)

I work in Security.

• Advertisement
    M

Hard to know what to make of Thursdays episode, the call McKay made at the end, does it suggest McKay is leaving or there's a new officer in to replace McGonigle.

Hard to know what to make of Thursdays episode, the call McKay made at the end, does it suggest McKay is leaving or there's a new officer in to replace McGonigle.

Eh no.... he's getting surveillance on Podge. That's what immediately came to me anyway.

No, I think the suggestion is that Paudge is most certainly not off the hook with McKay, even though he thinks he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Am really enjoying Westlife at the moment, thought he was an absolute knob in first series.
    He is hilarious.
    Will McGongigle be back for a court case and Sharon and Paudge be witnesses?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Wow thats a great endorsement for the show.

Nope, I reckon it'll be a surveillance team on Podge, or some sort of undercover investigation. McKay is very popular, especially with the ladies, I can't seem him going anywhere. Not until they pick the new Bond anyway.

syklops wrote: »
    Nope, I reckon it'll be a surveillance team on Podge, or some sort of undercover investigation. McKay is very popular, especially with the ladies, I can't seem him going anywhere. Not until they pick the new Bond anyway.

Bebo has closed down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

I was avoiding this thread for the last 2 weeks until I got caught up. Which I finally have.

I was waiting for McKay to deck Beady and then the whole thing would have gone down the swany, but good auld McKay kept his cool! Nerves of steel boy!

That Patricia Hennessy is a weapon of the highest order.

And seeing Westlife get put in his place by the new boy! Well that was just priceless!

M

Anyone who doesn't want tonights episode spoiled don't read the TV guide text for Red Rock on RTÉ and Independent TV. It has been ruined for me after the preview they showed last week. TV3 must have given them the text to add, idiotic carry on if it was, up there with revealing who will be on The Apprentice You're Fired.

• Advertisement

Anyone who doesn't want tonights episode spoiled don't read the TV guide text for Red Rock on RTÉ and Independent TV. It has been ruined for me after the preview they showed last week. TV3 must have given them the text to add, idiotic carry on if it was, up there with revealing who will be on The Apprentice You're Fired.

Thanks for the warning. Sounds like they've published the actual plot synopsis and not a sneak preview.

M

Paudge's attitude to solving crimes is gas, he just goes with what's the easiest least hassle to go with, case closed.

Sean Mahon aka McGonigle interviewed in Style Ireland part of Sunday Times today. Dropped hints of a return.

"There's a lot to Brian that the audience must be curious about"..."ultimately there has to be some kind of trial but how that plays out...", he shrugs and smiles..."depends on what the writers have in store" . He won't confirm whether the writers are still working on McGonigle but there are rumours of a Christmas return.

Hope so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Was watching 'Killing Kennedy' by Bill O'Reilly on Fox News last night when who popped up but McKay! He had a very prominent part in it as he played the part of Kenny O'Donnell, JFK's 'rottweiler'. Strange to hear him speak with a Bostonian accent!!

Paudge's attitude to solving crimes is gas, he just goes with what's the easiest least hassle to go with, case closed.

To be fair to him, he could have just passed on the paper work to the immigration bureau, but instead he went and found the taxi driver and tried to get to the bottom of the issue.

Podge gets a lot of stick for being lazy but he is probably just a bit jaded by seeing bad guys walk free time after time.

brooke 2 wrote: »
    Was watching 'Killing Kennedy' by Bill O'Reilly on Fox News last night when who popped up but McKay! He had a very prominent part in it as he played the part of Kenny O'Donnell, JFK's 'rottweiler'. Strange to hear him speak with a Bostonian accent!!

Have you seen him in "crossing lines" ...an NBC drama with Donald Sutherland , quite a big part a couple of years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Have you seen him in "crossing lines" ...an NBC drama with Donald Sutherland , quite a big part a couple of years back.

No, I haven't. Didn't realise he was such a heavy hitter!

brooke 2 wrote: »
    No, I haven't. Didn't realise he was such a heavy hitter!

Paddy Bishop on Fair City was another one. Turns out he was in a few American movies and drama series.

Paddy Bishop on Fair City was another one. Turns out he was in a few American movies and drama series.

Sharon is in Game of Thrones.

• Advertisement

Not liking new detective at all. Don't like being critical but it just isn't working for me at all, not convincing. It's bringing down my overall sense of the show as I just don't find him in any way believable. :(

That's not to say of course that I have any intention of giving up on the show!

Advertisement