Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RED ROCK [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,120 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Not liking new detective at all. Don't like being critical but it just isn't working for me at all, not convincing. It's bringing down my overall sense of the show as I just don't find him in any way believable. :(

That's not to say of course that I have any intention of giving up on the show!

He seems very young to be a detective. I would have thought at his age, he'd still be an ordinary Garda on the beat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Strazdas wrote: »
    He seems very young to be a detective. I would have thought at his age, he'd still be an ordinary Garda on the beat.

Agreed. But I could deal with the age. Unfortunately it's the general delivery of the lines that is grating on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Ditto! The way he stares across the counter, intense and unblinking into Katie's eyes as she's busy trying to make sandwiches or whatever is off putting and a little creepy....and yes-very young to be a detective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭prodsc

C'mon TV3 sort it out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,298 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

prodsc wrote: »
    C'mon TV3 sort it out!

The tape must have jammed :D

• Advertisement
    M

You would think they would have cheesy music to play while there's technical difficulties.

The many millions of fans of "He's 65, She's 33: Age Gap Love" will not be happy if it over runs in to their show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

was v annoyed when it broke mid broadcast last night :mad:

does anyone follow @brennanpaudge on twitter, thought his tweet was very good -

Paudge BrennanBrennanPaudge 12h12 hours ago
    On a tour of TV3 and tripped over a lead, hope it wasn't doing anything important.

7 retweets 19 likes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

I was just watching last night's episode recorded. Did they say anything at the end about when they would show it again?

M

happyday wrote: »
    I was just watching last night's episode recorded. Did they say anything at the end about when they would show it again?

They showed the 2nd part just after 9pm, it was also repeated after Vincent Browne. It will be on the 3Player, they are both repeated at 6pm on Saturdays on 3E.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

They showed the 2nd part just after 9pm, it was also repeated after Vincent Browne. It will be on the 3Player, they are both repeated at 6pm on Saturdays on 3E.

Same glitch in repeat on +1 and on player last night- so had to do without the second half got the gist of it after watching tonight. (Looks like Paudge wasn't to blame I think it was Adrijan having one of his ... Migraines?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Thanks guys. I wonder what's up with Adrian? Must be some after effect from his accident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Not liking this McKay and Davy nonsense....

Especially given the second series had really picked up with the Paudge storyline.

happyday wrote: »
    Thanks guys. I wonder what's up with Adrian? Must be some after effect from his accident.

And now he's lying to Sean about it, pretending it's just a migraine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

You would think they would have cheesy music to play while there's technical difficulties.

Any excuse to play this... :o:o:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Missed 2 weeks again, so I just got all caught up there with a giant pot of tea. Plus it's horrific weather out there, so any excuse not to leave the house

I love the McKay Davy storyline. I reckon Laser is well on to him and setting McKay up big time. Will Niki let it get that far though? If my boss yelled at me like that Id be balling!

Im glad Ange and Tommy are back on track, but Conor is getting himself into all sorts of trouble with Rachel. She is one twisted little girl. They way she turned that conversation with Conor back on him. He was being honest and trying to apologise for taking advantage. and then when he tried to cool it with her her, she completely flipped it and was accusing him of taking advantage, when it was really HER taking advantage! Oh I hope she gets her cumuppins!

SarahBM wrote: »
    Missed 2 weeks again, so I just got all caught up there with a giant pot of tea. Plus it's horrific weather out there, so any excuse not to leave the house

I love the McKay Davy storyline. I reckon Laser is well on to him and setting McKay up big time. Will Niki let it get that far though? If my boss yelled at me like that Id be balling!

Im glad Ange and Tommy are back on track, but Conor is getting himself into all sorts of trouble with Rachel. She is one twisted little girl. They way she turned that conversation with Conor back on him. He was being honest and trying to apologise for taking advantage. and then when he tried to cool it with her her, she completely flipped it and was accusing him of taking advantage, when it was really HER taking advantage! Oh I hope she gets her cumuppins!

It's obvious that Laser set Davey up. He fed him false info about the white van knowing he'd reveal it to the cops.

Rachel is definitely a troublemaker. She's acting like this all because Conor rejected her, and it looks like she doesn't handle rejection well.

M

Apparently according to newspaper reports a major character is to be killed off at Christmas when it takes a break for a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Apparently according to newspaper reports a major character is to be killed off at Christmas when it takes a break for a few weeks.

well, I may be wrong but
    I think Ian Dempsey mentioned something about a special screening of Red Rock at some cinema last week and there was a big shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 eire_ste

GaryTLynch wrote: »
    Elmo's dad in Love/Hate.

Did you notice that gary creed, elmo's cousin who got shot is keith Kiely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

It's obvious that Laser set Davey up. He fed him false info about the white van knowing he'd reveal it to the cops.

Rachel is definitely a troublemaker. She's acting like this all because Conor rejected her, and it looks like she doesn't handle rejection well.

Anyone else feel that making Rachel such a sexual manipulator dulls the previous abuse story ? Or is it meant to show that she's only demonstrating what she learnt from McGonnigle ?

• Advertisement

desbrook wrote: »
    Anyone else feel that making Rachel such a sexual manipulator dulls the previous abuse story ? Or is it meant to show that she's only demonstrating what she learnt from McGonnigle ?

It's a good question. Originally we would have assumed (as we never saw the start of the relationship) that it was all McGonigle's doing and that he targeted her but now that we see how manipulative she is, it's anyone's guess what went on between them at the start, not that that would excuse what he was up to of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

It's a good question. Originally we would have assumed (as we never saw the start of the relationship) that it was all McGonigle's doing and that he targeted her but now that we see how manipulative she is, it's anyone's guess what went on between them at the start, not that that would excuse what he was up to of course.

Also, though, is Conor not effectively doing the same to Rachel as McGonigle. Sure, there is a smaller age gap, but Conor and McGonigle are both adults in the eyes of the law.

So, is Conor legally just as guilty as McGonigle?

Speaking of McGonigle, there is an interview with the actor Sean Mahon in the Christmas issue of TV Now which, while it does not mention a return, seems timely! Also, an interview with Cathy Belton.

Also, though, is Conor not effectively doing the same to Rachel as McGonigle. Sure, there is a smaller age gap, but Conor and McGonigle are both adults in the eyes of the law.

So, is Conor legally just as guilty as McGonigle?

Speaking of McGonigle, there is an interview with the actor Sean Mahon in the Christmas issue of TV Now which, while it does not mention a return, seems timely! Also, an interview with Cathy Belton.

Yes, I hadn't thought of that aspect, that Rachel might still be underage. In fairness to Conor, he has been trying to reject her advances and it's her making all the running. I'm guessing the storyline is that she leads him down a slippery slope and he's in a far worse state in a few week's time than he is now. Perhaps she starts on the heroin with him though and things become really pear shaped?

M

Good to see the rest of the Kielys back in tonights episode, they need to show them more, comedy gold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

this show really isn't attracting viewers and I genuinely could see TV3 axing it if audience continues to fall in a season or two.....

Nevertheless, that Jane Mcgrath is such a fox! wasted in the unflattering police uniform..!!

roger_kenny_004.jpg?w=670&h=1006

tv3%2014.jpg

. ( , ) ( , )

No chance of it being axed TBB. The show has just been sold to Amazon Prime, they're planning on increasing the episodes per week and thinking of getting rid of the summer break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

this show really isn't attracting viewers and I genuinely could see TV3 axing it if audience continues to fall in a season or two.....

The length of the ad break during the show suggests that advertisers don't think they're not attracting viewers!

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    The length of the ad break during the show suggests that advertisers don't think they're not attracting viewers!

because they are probably getting low quotes for advertising compared to others. the viewing figures are released very often and are decreasing all the time. Can't argue with facts

i accept there is a loyal and happy fanbase but the show is not attracting the casual viewers which make up the majority of soaps

although this article seems to diprove my theory regarding its future!

http://entertainment.ie/tv/news/TV3s-Red-Rock-headed-to-the-US-with-Amazon-Prime/373268.htm

anyone know if this has been confirmed??

• Advertisement

although this article seems to diprove my theory regarding its future!

http://entertainment.ie/tv/news/TV3s-Red-Rock-headed-to-the-US-with-Amazon-Prime/373268.htm

anyone know if this has been confirmed??

It certainly has : the boss of TV3 was talking about the deal with Amazon Prime only last week and says he reckons Red Rock could run for ten years at least.

Advertisement